Groningen's coffeeshop scene&Leeuwarden's+Updates

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Jesscass

Re: Groningen's coffeeshop scene&Leeuwarden's+Updates

Post by Jesscass »

So have been to Leeuwarden in September and explored that not so interesting town itsself a lot more, though sea is nearby and if you're up for that worth a look.
Visited all shops in town again! The shop closed last year which was Africa is now carelessly named 058, which again is documented now and sent to Lemming. First impression of Relax last year was indeed right as it was our base this trip. Nomen est omen and not much of giving a flying fuck :mrgreen: . Quite a locals place and interesting mix of regulars :lol: , especially in the evenings though they were not making trouble but some might find it intimidating.
Crème was on point again and also famous among the relaxed moroccan family inside when around. Menu of hashish changed a bit, there was one variety for 10€ but embarassingly didn't come round to try it :evil: :lol: ; though their Extra Maroc(8€/g)was my third-best this trip, a blonde-goldish crumbly not too pressed and still oily enough one. Oldschool tasting and not too far away from more quality ones gradewise. Bloody nice :D !
Regarding weed at least got some nice enough Silver Haze(10€/g)and one haze which name escapes me now on the same quality level(tend to think it was G13).
Also De Os(as Repeltsteeltje) of course was the place daily for hanging out but didn t care about their menu as it seemed very similar(got some Jack Herer on advice one day out of bordedom though, at roughly 8-9€ it was nice enough)and they have a nice enough selection of clean glass bongs and again zeer gezellig.
Also on the opposite side checked back on Miami's best grade(10€)which is a nice/performance ratio again.
Hard to decide whether it has more to offer than Liberty's which was under construction by the way but you still could sit down and smoke there, in a very basic way though. One Gardella was new on the menu but even though nothing to moan about didn't care for some reasons and went for the traditional one which at 8,5€ is nothing exceptional but reasonable so still
the best for price/performance I guess.
At Utoop I was steered to Dark Mango(moroccan, 10,5€/g), which is one of those new yellowish blondes around lately and purchased before(Green Place&Kadinsky/Amsterdam, De Apotheker/Eindhoven). Insisted on trying their embarassingly named blondish El Twisla Superior(about 12,5€/g)though before.
Which what's happened then indeed :mrgreen: . Most potent one of the trip, more of a body high, even though a tiny bit less strong than the Tropicana from here before ; though particulary different to other moroccans this trip in an unusual way, sort of a hybrid as classic appeareance in every way but with quite a punch for moroccan resin(and still significantly stronger than the stuff they bodge in Amsterdam when it comes to hashish supposed to be made with western hybrids at the usual suspects).
This could be said about the Dark Mango(and others of that type mentioned before in general)also but they look and taste differently, this here occures to be traditional. Although seen other hashish like that before it never packed such a punch. Second best of that trip!
The Dark Mango on the other hand was also quite good with a fresh full taste I can't describe as usual(but could insert something as if I would be able to)and more of an uppish high. Qualitywise not the top end of those new blondes but close enough.
Their Honing(6€/g)deserves a mention as this is another blonde classic moroccan,
very close to the stuff The Wall in Eindhoven sold about one and a half year ago ; dryish, crumbly and not old but lovely oldschoolish even though not a strong smoke, special prize!
Anyways, left that shop nicely baked again so sort of a déjà-vu and hope this is the beginning of an ongoing tradition.
Missed Flower Power's best moroccan hashish again,
there is always next time though I guess :lol: !
In Groningen went straight to Taverne Oasis of course. Bummer Tropicana was crossed out on the menu,
also much to the regret of young budtendress who tried to sell some other moroccan to me. No compromise though this time so got some as usual scraggy and ugly looking wiet from them. Some people seem to fail growing some organic wiet, been there, done that and result was a lot better than this, oh my. Anyways, New York City Diesel(about 12€/g) it was and still a fruity, sour smoke with not much of a high. Nice enough still.
Apart from that a wonderful stay. De Dees was busier than last time but we only sat down for consumption and talked to natives as students as usual.
Polite guys at Retro told us that there is a new coffeeshop gonna be opened in October this year( take a look here for background https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... 89#p395916 ), result! Alsjeblieft: https://www.sikkom.nl/incoming-coffeesh ... de-deuren/ . Other than that they had a completely new hash menu consisting of three daftly named varieties. El Chuapo was one of them(was told second best quality), damn I forgot about the other ones :lol: . However, their most expensive one(which 'only' was 8-9€)was one of those new crumbly(like skuff) blondes with foreign genetics . Nice enough mixed effects and very nice price/performance ratio so best hashish seen that day.
That's it.

avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Enjoyed this :mrgreen: good details! Thanks for the link about the new coffeeshop. Always nice to read about new coffeeshops opening in the Netherlands 8) thanks for the report :)
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

I took a chance (could have been drug tested at work any time) , after a very long and cruel "non smoking" period with paying a quick visit to the now closed "Glory" coffeeshop. Circa 2010 ....

Bought a pure pre-roll , got absolutely zoned out , such that the 100 metre walk to the Hotel was like walking on rubber marshmallow paving .....wonderful.....
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@Avfc-herbalist

Thanks, you're welcome.

@Dave near London

All right then, good for you!

November, 2018:

Since Leeuwarden is European Capital of Culture 2018 we had to go there – no wait, we would have gone anyway for some reasons(did anyone say holiday?) and especially not for such bullshit as this title(don't get me started on such corrupted shit).
Revisited all shops in town of course and noticed no change at all. Relax still provides best marokkaanse hasj in town ; we also picked some nice enough wiet here at around 12€/g but forgot what.
Though Liberty has a tad more varied menu now but mostly about hashish with foreign genetics which are available all accross the country again.
Utoop we again left nicely shitfaced every day ; tried both their best options for resin which went for 9€ and 12€. Latter one interestingly had a tropicana tag(though forgot about the complete name) and was one of those blackish, oily moroccans with foreign genetics, strong and tasty. The other one was nice value for money as well. Also had to try their Tropicana again they now sold at for what it is righteous 8,5€(or 8,75€? Definitely below 9€ though). Still roughly the same as when I discovered it here three years ago, blondish, crumbly and strong but not my cup of tea at all anymore
(as long as there is a choice).
The darkish version of Tropicana(I came accross in Amsterdam too at Katsu and I think Siberie as well. Though only talk about the colour here.)was the same Taverne Oasis in Groningen tried to sell us some days later on this trip I reckon even though I didn't try it but judged it by look and smell.
Also much to my surprise they had Warlock on their wiet menu listed which was something we wanted to grow back in the days - but didn't manage to(not my fault of course) - because of the strong scent it was famous for back then . Never came round to try it yet so mission accomplished.
Budtender also would have recommended it(around 10€/g)but even though it was nice enough it wasn't anything special ; would grow this next time I have the opportunity anytime though as I tend to like classic lineage of random afghanis x skunk#1(did anyone say Super Skunk and Mazar?)instead of trusting coffeeshop wiet quality nowadays.
One minute's silence for seedbank Magus Genetics(sold to Serious Seeds later, anyone of you kids remember this?)though please(you better not read on, dishonesty is for losers!).
Ok. All in all I still like Utoop but somehow it lacks something ; I think they are fishing in similar waters as many other shops when it comes to high grade hashish but one finds something nice for sure here, also relatively reasonably priced. They should buy a better bong there but we were prepared anyway as we brought our own.
Traditionally we missed Flower Power's best moroccan hash again but says something about their turnover even though it didn't look outstanding or something but still worth a try when we saw it on the first day but later it was sold out every time we passed. At 058 we got us some random very strong wiet according to budtender as well but it was merely nice enough.
This stay we mostly and suprisingly consumed at Repelsteeltje for some reasons where one outdoor strain was purchased for around 7€ which was nice enough. De Os also was a daily stop without buying any gear as all the same though, still nice enough bongs.
In Groningen we visited Taverne Oasis and camped there for a couple of hours just smoking ourselves silly. Got me some outdoor White Russian at about 7€ which was also nice enough and had a look at their darkish Tropicana they were selling here for 13€/g ; though I have to
mention their best moroccan hashish, Cru, looked especially nice this time for 12,5€ but again we had enough quality gear on. Too screened mentioned new opened coffeeshop De Schavuit this time for the first time which seems to be the new place to go for quality moroccan resin with foreign genetics in town. De Dees was visited too of course for some consumption.
All in all nice autumn vacations. That's it.
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

Somehow, I never had read this thread before. Just read the whole thing, going back years. Excellent. Thanks.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Thanks for the report :D

always nice to read a report from other parts of the NL... seems there is a lot of "Tropicana" hash out there :lol:
Jesscass wrote: Sun 9th Dec 2018 08:30 pm Also much to my surprise they had Warlock on their wiet menu listed which was something we wanted to grow back in the days

I saw "Warlock" one time on a coffeeshop menu... I think it was from Coffeeshop New Capricorn in Heerlen maybe
10 years ago :lol: I remember one of my mates told us many times before that it is his favorite strain so we tried it and it was also nothing special :? but it was from a coffeeshop... maybe when grown well it´s delicous :roll: especially the oldschool stuff taste in many coffeeshops pretty similar... homegrowing is the best! :mrgreen: