Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt17 NYE 2016 Smoke Report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
pengaldinho

Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt17 NYE 2016 Smoke Report

Post by pengaldinho »

This Trip report is 3 months late and I took no notes so I wont do day by day as usual.
Stayed at http://amsterdam.citymundo.com/accommod ... ht-l10715/ which was great place with perfect location. The price wasnt as crazy as some others i saw around NYE.
The trip didn't start well our - flight was delayed about 4hours and my other mate who was on a later flight 8hours due to fog.
When we finally got their I popped into Voyagers, checked in at the apartment, pancake carousel - poffertjes machine broken, pancakes eaten. I ate lots of oliebollen and applenflappen/beguit from the stalls over the trip :) Its hard to walk past and not buy at least one!
We met my mate at Bataiva, ate burger bar, hit Boerejongens and maybe somewhere else before heading back.

Next day paid a last visit to my favourite ever coffeeshop - De Graal- spent a chilled few hours upstairs. Got some modern marrocs that I rosined.
Albert Cuyp Market - hot fresh stroopwafel, beats wallys waffles for me.

NYE is a bit of a blur, saw the lights from the light festival and smoked and drank alot :)

Ate at De Klos, Loetje was closed when we tried to go on new years day so we got a Chinese some where which was decent.
Banh mi, dumplings, poke, burgers and more at Food Hallen. Cooked a chicken with mac n cheese one night.

Biladi
Couscous royale - bet thing I ate, the lamb was amazing
Tagine
Got some bits and bobs from Holtkamp including tarte tatin which they gave me some vanilla cream to go with

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pengaldinho

Re: Quest for Amsterdam's Diamonds Pt17 NYE 2016 Smoke Report

Post by pengaldinho »

Weed
Scotts OG, Voyagers - nice but not outstanding

SLH - Boer, my mate got this - pretty good batch

Kosher - best smoke of trip from Easy Times.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Hash
I was hooked up with:
Polm - sweet morocaan old school melty goodness.

Shoe - rock hard, thick resiny piney flavours and stoned but floaty buzz.

El Marssa
Special

Amneisa

Massawa
Premier
Royal

Stash
spcial
Shoe
Royal & Premier
Amnesia

Cant work out which one this is
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Rosin pressing - Chocoloco and Kritial Kush Hashes from De Graal E13/g

Rosin smoking
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Flevo Park

Maybe a few close ups and a video to come.....
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Lovely write up per usual mate!

I see you got your hands on the infamous shoe hash, now I know who you met with at Batavia haha :wink: 8) :mrgreen: did you try any of the Nepali's he had?

Love to catch up with you on one of your journeys, do some dabs and such ya know! :mrgreen:

Now back to your awesome pics! :mrgreen:
joker

Post by joker »

Thanks for sharing some great pictures :D
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

DeLe: yeah the shoe was lovely. Didnt get any nep, I was after moroccan. I had two first timers with me on this trip so had some showing around to do but will hit you up next time im in town.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Proper report, short and sweet, I like that, Pengaldhinho, thanks :mrgreen: !

I know it's stupid to say(well...)but that Polm looks similar to that one I fortunately picked up privately in The Hague last time which wasn't overly strong but could only be described with one word adequately: tasty!
Doubt though same gang involved :lol: . Just so much choice you know!
That Shoe if similar I had from the Grey Area, must be ages ago since I rarely bought resin there but maybe I make it to them on my next trip very soon for a reminder. Also nice to see El Marssa's take on Amnesia hashish advertised here, too!
Of course last but definitely not least cheers for the graffiti pics, always worth it.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Jesscass wrote: Mon 13th Mar 2017 06:39 pm Proper report, short and sweet, I like that, Pengaldhinho, thanks :mrgreen: !

I know it's stupid to say(well...)but that Polm looks similar to that one I fortunately picked up privately in The Hague last time which wasn't overly strong but could only be described with one word adequately: tasty!
Doubt though same gang involved :lol: . Just so much choice you know!
That Shoe if similar I had from the Grey Area, must be ages ago since I rarely bought resin there but maybe I make it to them on my next trip very soon for a reminder. Also nice to see El Marssa's take on Amnesia hashish advertised here, too!
Of course last but definitely not least cheers for the graffiti pics, always worth it.
That shoe is indeed similar to certain batches of "golden soles" I've procured from Grey Area in my first year here (ca. 2014), put that in tandem with the whole "footwear" thing going on with both their i.e. - monikers shoe versus soles etc. - and you just might be on to something there Jess!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

pengaldinho wrote: Mon 13th Mar 2017 03:57 pm DeLe: yeah the shoe was lovely. Didnt get any nep, I was after moroccan. I had two first timers with me on this trip so had some showing around to do but will hit you up next time im in town.
Sweet look forward to it. Much more like the notorious Mr. H waiting to be discovered! 8) :wink: :mrgreen:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks for the up Peng, another good read and some more great pics! :D

That Shoe hash, dude, gotta get us some of that, a lot of the others look really nice too, but that looks tops! :)
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Thanks everyone.
Jessacass - yes tasty is the perfect description. Sometimes simple descriptions work better :) The golden soles I have had from GA in the past has been more blonde than black. I cant think of a similar hash I have had in Dam recently - its very hard and brittle but bubbles like mad. P.s thanks again for the Biladi recommendation, the Couscous royale was so good I have tried some Moroccan places in London but not found the same quality yet.
DeLe- sounds good :mrgreen: I look forward to more hidden goodies.
CC - cheers - enjoy the shoe if you get your hands on it :D
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Quality as usual m8! Always enjoyed your reports. I can remember going back a good few years Coffeeshop Anyday had some decent hash called Rootang, It's a shame they closed down yrs back. Did you ever check out the Foodhallen btw? Be cool to link up sometime man :D
Hunting for crystals
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.