Mr Incognito's January Jaunt live trip report

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Mr Incognito

Re: Mr Incognito's January Jaunt live trip report

Post by Mr Incognito »

Well the Bukket and super sticky hash did their thang and I spent Saturday evening asleep. And Saturday night. This morning has been leisurely breakfast, an hours massage for the stiff shoulder, and a wonderful soak in the hot tub here at the Volkshotel, looking over the rooftops of Amsterdam. I love this place!

Laters!

NotSoIncognito

Post by NotSoIncognito »

Great topic - it almost makes me feel as if I was there!

Hang on a second.......

So I met DLNuggs. I have dabbed and vaped and generally had my head messed with. We shared a Bukket. I cannot claim to be incognito.

I can confirm that he is a most decent chap! Friendly and very well supplied with the finest quality extracts. I tried some Gorrilla Glue rosin and then some Tangie BHO. Blew my tiny mind, but only to a nicer place! Then out came the Pax3 with some Green Crack. A very impressive vaping experience. Something completely in a different league to the Flowermate I used to run until it went kaput.

Having started with a very optimistic suggestion that we head to Haarlem for the new rosin press, I ended up sliding off after two dabs to "refresh". So I didn't try the elixir thing - heaven only knows what might have happened.

Thanks DLNuggs - you were very welcoming, and I have no doubt we will meet again. You totally killed Mr Incognito! Far out!
Devore

Post by Devore »

That bong sounds interesting! Enjoy fellow Leeds dude
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great report that I enjoyed reading. There are a few of you regular posters who really enjoy Yo-Yo like me. DLN is a class act, even with his coonass background and all. :)

I’ve been crazy busy work/personalfor the last, oh, 6 months, but with the new year, AMS is calling. I’ve gotten spoiled flying 2.5 hours to CO and getting high quality weed for less than $10, but I feel an AMS trip coming on sooner rather than later. Please keep up the great reviews!
Devore

Post by Devore »

LLMReb wrote: Sun 4th Feb 2018 05:28 pm Great report that I enjoyed reading. There are a few of you regular posters who really enjoy Yo-Yo like me. DLN is a class act, even with his coonass background and all. :)

I’ve been crazy busy work/personalfor the last, oh, 6 months, but with the new year, AMS is calling. I’ve gotten spoiled flying 2.5 hours to CO and getting high quality weed for less than $10, but I feel an AMS trip coming on sooner rather than later. Please keep up the great reviews!
Good to see you back LLMReb :)
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 26th Jan 2018 12:52 pm ..... Central have Amnesia Hash at the bargain price of €5.90. A little piece of that to start and a tienzje of Santa Maria at €7.80....
Central's Amnesia Hash. At €5.90 it is easily the best bargain I came across on my trip. Lightish bloc style hash. I would say it is locally produced from somebody's Amnesia trimmings, and it is very smokeable! Not the biggest knockout punch, but the equivalent of a session beer. It crumbles really easily.

The first pipe I had of it didn't burn great on its own (probably more because of the choice of pipe than anything else), but later on I had a bukket of it, mixed with a touch of Santa Maria, and it was spot on.

Santa Maria is a personal favourite because I grew a few of them at one point, so spent a winter smoking it every day. The Central example was authentically Santa Maria. Not much more to say - its not strong, and rarely gets a mention, so I assume noone else is particularly taken with it!
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 26th Jan 2018 06:13 pm .... I drop in at het Gelderse. I pick up some OG Kush at 14, Afghan at 5, and Californian Gum thingy (ill check FBN as it was on the menu when I photo'd it last time) at 15. Most I have ever paid for hash, so it had better be good! .......
I am pleasantly surprised with het Gelderse. Their OG Kush weed at €14 had the kind of piney, mountainous flavour I was expecting from the OG Kush thread. Heavy indica stone. Left me with a massive grin.

The Afghan hash at €5 was actually pretty good - authentic Afghan black like from back in the day. Nowhere near as strong as the modern local produced hash from trim, but a nice drifty indica stone with a cerebral quality. Or that's what my mate said about it when we were watching the darts, anyway!

The Californian gum thingy is still awaiting the full road test.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Mr Incognito wrote: Fri 26th Jan 2018 08:20 pm ...........So here I am in Siberie, trying out their hash menu. Ive got a piece each of Tropicana, a sativa Amsterdam-made hash at 10, & Karat 24, which is its indican sister same price.

Plus a bit of their Speedy Chile outdoor weed........
On the way there, I paused at a local shop - Speakeasy - that I had never been in before. It tends to have a crowd of hip-hop dudes and the like hanging around outside. Might be a sign of a decent coffeeshop, but its always been enough to put me off. Plus I am usually in a hurry to get to YoYo. I picked up some of their Manali at €10 - always on the lookout for the genuine article! I was also tempted into a smear of their Lemon Ice Hash at €15/g. This comes in a grease-proof paper wrap - needs to be in something more substantial for longer term use. An empty one of those little tubs or boxes the likes of Boerejongens give you, and get it off the paper (which it sticks to and soaks into). Also got a bit of their Top Gruis at €4.50/g to try as a mixer.

The Manali is definitely from the sub-continent, and is a reasonably strong and authentically tasting hash, but it also definitely isn't hand-rubbed Manali charas! A bit fresher than the het Gelderse example, but not as good value.

I really like the Lemon Ice Hash. It is difficult to smoke because it is semi-liquid, but mixed with a bit weed it makes a great pipe or bong, and that lemony taste is sooo good! It is also delicious just eaten raw - it fizzes on the tongue and is a bit like eating lemon peel, with a bitter, citrous punch to it.

Not much to say about the top gruis. All from the shop boxes, rather than the offcuts from trimming you sometimes get. Results in a pretty rounded smoke, and very convenient if you just want to add a sprinkle of something dry, combustible and flavour enhancing to that pipe bowl.

As for Siberie's hash, this gets the thumbs up from me. The Karat 24 is a heavy indica stone - dark brown oily firm hash. Does the job (of collapse in heap with grin) very effectively. Tropicana doesn't quite live up to its name - doesn't taste of passion fruit or mango, doesn't make everybody start dancing around with floral skirts on - but is as good as the Karat 24. Effective sativa hash - gingery colour, oily sticky goodness.

The Speedy Chile outdoor is like crappy homegrown. Once it had dried out, it crumbled to dust. OK in a pipe, but not recommended!