first day off work for a month

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
DjShaggy

first day off work for a month

Post by DjShaggy »

please forgive poor spelling, grammar and punctuation.
im slightly special, and very high!

we start my tale on monday evening at 5:59 pm, the end of a 3 week long event in central london, im worn out! ive been working daily from 9-6 and its finally the last day of the show. “ladies and gentlemen the ideal home show is now closed….” out comes the screwdriver, signs down, stock boxed up, pallet packed and handshakes done. its over for another year.

i head out to the streets of london where my friend sam is waiting for me in his BMW, we drive to my rental flat to get a smoke on with the landlord, smoking on some grapefruit diesel and some orange cake whilst also dabbing the last of my jungleberry sugarwax. we seal a couple of grams of the grapefruit up in a smell proof bag and throw the cases in the car. i must admit the excitement is building, not only am i going back to the promised land but im also driving through France and Belgium to get there, my first euro-trip!

we arrive at the tunnel at around midnight, check in and get waved past security, after a few u-turns and alot of confusion (very poor signage) we are sitting at the front of the disabled line (neither of us are disabled btw) waiting to board the train. after explaining to the staff that we got confused (happens all the time he said) we get waved through onto the train and onto a very dull journey to France.

2:30 am we arrive on land, out of the train and into the first service station we can find, i go into the cases and grab that package of GFD we sealed up earlier on, one each to get us back onto the level, then another to share as we pass into Belgium, before we know it its 7am the grapefruit is gone and we are on the outskirts of Amsterdam!

Sam is pretty friendly with the staff and regulars at noon so we decide that is the best place to hit first, we pull up outside at 10 mins past 7, both disappointed that we had lost a valuable 10 mins smoking time in the very odd dutch traffic. i wish i could remember what went into the first joint, all i know is it was a big one! beautiful! glad to be back! i do know that the second thing i smoked here was their bubba diesel, which was very much like a watered down version of the grapefruit that i brought with, fantastic i thought ill take 2 grams, it burnt clean and tasted fantastic, alot more of this was brought over the coming 48 hours!

Landed and stoned our next task was to get rid of the chariot, we headed off to our hotel (the grand hotel downtown) parked up underground and checked on checkin. not till 3pm they say, no problem back at it then! we head off to funky monkey (another of sam’s friends) to go say hi.

i had never been in funky monkey before, i will most certainly be back, the lady on the bar was very welcoming, showed us the downstairs members only area and the canal-side terrace that was to be finished as soon as possible, back upstairs we order a couple of hot chocolates and have a look through the purchases we had made…

i took the OG reekin, tasted fantastic! that clean OG taste with a very strong high, the same can be said about the rolex OG that sam took, we shared a gram of the Gorilla cookies and agreed that although alittle sweet to my taste it has a great high, all 3 samples burnt with very white ash

after spending a couple of hours in FM its now lunch time and as neither of us had eaten since london we headed off for some food. we opted for one of those many £5 pizza places, and they were delicious! its the one with the green canopy off prinsengracht if anyones after cheap pizza haha

back to noon, grabbed a gram of blueberry OG, it smelled fantastic and also tasted good but unfortunately the ash was as black as my cold heart so the joint went in the canal and the green was ground up and thrown in the ashtray (for i wouldn’t want any other poor soul to smoke black ash weed)

Now it must be understood that we haven’t slept, we’ve been smoking heavily since the night before and we’ve just eaten a big meal… after spending about 45 mins smoking one spliff in noon sam and i both agreed that sitting in a coffeeshop was not a good idea, we were starting to nod off! we roll a couple of joints each and head out to vondelpark for a walk and a smoke, going via the AH to grab some drinks and munchies for the hotel later.

thanks Amsterdam for not robbing either of us as we sat asleep on a bench in vondelpark.

i say asleep, we kept blacking out! it hit about 1:30 so we headed up to the hotel to see if we could get in abit early, SCORE we can! we had a lovely penthouse with amazing views looking south out of the dam which neither of us had the energy to enjoy just now. by about 5:30 we have both woken up, hit the shower and got dressed. we decided to head up to MR k and co with the dab rig to go have a smoke up.

i specifically came here for the orange zkittlez, so took a gram of that and a gram of gorilla glue, the glue was fantastic very strong and very tasty. the zkittles was pure dirt, unsmokable unflushed crap that belonged in the same place as the blueberry OG. trashed.
Sam opted for the bruce banner, burnt clean like the glue but very thin buds and a-lot of stalk.
i also took a .5 of the rosin that is on the menu. the rosin was strong, a light amber in colour (looked more like shatter than rosin) and very tasty. we hung around for quite a while dabbing and smoking up.

sam received a text message from the owner of noon asking him if he would like to link up for a smoke, this is a question that has only one answer, so off we went back to noon.

understand that if i was in normal dam mode i would not be returning to a coffeeshop for the 3rd time in a day, this was no normal trip i was absolutely shattered!

we sat down in noon had a hell of a lot of spliffs and chatted with the owner, staff and regulars until late, i had a look at the honey hash, was told by the owner to check out the champagne instead, wise words! took a gram of that then about 5 mins later was gifted some of the sweetest most fruity hash ive ever smoked, it went very well with the bubba diesel that i brought earlier on. grabbed more of that diesel and sat smoking pure fruit spliffs until we couldn’t keep our eyes open anymore!

“wake me up at 8 bro”

9:15 and my eyes open, sun beating through the window sams still asleep so im straight up and in the shower, kettle on and coffee made, maybe sam could smell it because rather than “good morning” the first words were “2 sugars bro” sure thing!

smoking my diesel on the terrace enjoying the view waiting for my partner in crime to get ready for todays activities i realise i hadn’t put my watch forward, its only quarter to 9! happy days, lets go to 1e hulp!

ive got very mixed feelings towards 1e, its a great place to chill and no denying the menu can be fantastic but to me it seems a-bit UK, especially with “stardawg” on the menu

it wasn’t stardawg, i don’t know what it was it was nice tho, sweet and potent with clean white ash but i know stardawg and that was nowhere near. i also took some purple chemdawg which had a good smell but very little flavour, also burnt clean.
asked for 24k but out of stock, went downstairs drank coffee and smoked spliffs, still no 24k when we left so thats another strain for another day.

we leave 1e and head round to funky monkey i grab 2 grams of the Rolex for the journey home and we sit and have a chat with the friendly lady that runs the joint.

hunger strikes. we head into town to hit coffeeshop amsterdam or damprking2 or whatever they are calling themselves this week, upstairs was empty so we got comfortable watching out of the window…
2 hot chocolates and 2 cheese toasties please
picked up the tangie banana kush, which burnt clean and had a great flavour to it, could really taste the tangie in this, paired it with some 24k block from the ams genetics menu which was as always amazing!

no trip to Amsterdam would be complete without popping in to see the family at voyagers, so that was the next step, Exited to see the pink grapefruit is back in, sadly it didn’t have the taste it had back in November but it was clean and powerful so you don’t hear me complaining. also grabbed a gram of sour casey, we have a massive batch of casey in london just now and this was a good match, with just a hint of sour that typical casey taste was there to enjoy another clean burner. we took our purchases to hill street blues and had a smoke there, then went back out of town down to noon to get the car and finish up our stash.

we smoked a-lot of diesel and rolex driving back towards the homeland making a few stops for fresh coffees / hot chocolates. managed to stay awake all the way to england, when we got out of the tunnel i informed sam that i still had some hash in my bag, “sweet bro we will pull up at the next services and grab that so we can have a joint” next thing i know im waking up just outside of Birmingham, i guess we will smoke that hash another time!

it was great to be in amsterdam again and im very happy to have found some clean burning heavy hitting OG’s. quality as ever in dam needs some improvement but the feeling of being there compares to nowhere else i have visited. cant wait to go back again soon.

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Smokey2017

Re: first day off work for a month

Post by Smokey2017 »

Sounds all Good DJ....Would love to try a road trip but far to easy to fly.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Smokey2017 wrote: Mon 9th Apr 2018 08:51 pm Sounds all Good DJ....Would love to try a road trip but far to easy to fly.
i was surprised at how quick and easy it was
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

A three week show then a road trip to the Dam WOW :mrgreen: glad you had fun
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Nice read thanks :D
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Sweet, nice trip man, cool to do the road trip instead of getting the plane, as Michael Palin says, it's better to travel, than to arrive!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Dude what a write up! Hahaha that had me giggling after the opening line and was a racking read thank you man it’s a real shame you’re not coming to 420 would be good to blaze a few with you .
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

thankyou all so much, im a terrible writer but i must admit i really enjoyed working through the memories and notes to get this one done, same i cant remember a thing from spannabis!

420 is a little while away yet, theres still time for some sort of miracle to happen, all i need is the money haha
kalima

Post by kalima »

sounds like a wicked trip, shame you can't remember spannabis trip for a write up....but then it must be good if you can't :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

kalima wrote: Thu 12th Apr 2018 02:04 pm sounds like a wicked trip, shame you can't remember spannabis trip for a write up....but then it must be good if you can't :mrgreen:
10-15 grams a day good

im honestly not lying, most days i would smoke 4 pots, on the last day i felt rotten i smoked waaay too much
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Awesome.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DjShaggy wrote: Thu 12th Apr 2018 04:29 pm
10-15 grams a day good

im honestly not lying, most days i would smoke 4 pots, on the last day i felt rotten i smoked waaay too much
Oh I beleive you bro - I applaud your commitment. Call me immature but you aimed high, set your sights and dug deep. 'Nowt but respect. Well done soldier. Well done.
8)
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 12th Apr 2018 05:28 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Thu 12th Apr 2018 04:29 pm
10-15 grams a day good

Oh I beleive you bro - I applaud your commitment. Call me immature but you aimed high, set your sights and dug deep. 'Nowt but respect. Well done soldier. Well done.
8)
:lol: That.s funny shit, makes me remember One of your first trip report.
The list of shit you and your brother bought , I remember telling you I need to hang out with you on a crawl around the dam.
But now that I know you I,m good for like a half day ….I,m old :D
Not to many sleeps till we meet again 8)
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Thu 12th Apr 2018 08:50 pm :lol: That.s funny shit, makes me remember One of your first trip report.
The list of shit you and your brother bought , I remember telling you I need to hang out with you on a crawl around the dam.
But now that I know you I,m good for like a half day ….I,m old :D
Not to many sleeps till we meet again 8)
hahaha I remember that too - and I think you're selling yourself short; I very much recall your presence and subsequent stirling performances at some (at least - over the course of a day) 12 hour sessions in recent years so - yeah. In your own words. You're a machine Macky, a machine :lol:
Very much looking forward to seeing you brother, don't smoke all the good stuff. So close now.
Roll on 420!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

glad im not coming 420 none of the shops would be able to keep up!