Life Report-420 week special

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Pierre von Mondragon

Re: Life Report-420 week special

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Devore wrote: Mon 30th Apr 2018 04:18 pm Thanks for the write up mate. Was great to meet you!
Yeah man, likewise, good shades combo! I like to think I'm wound slightly less tightly than Mr Sobchak though...

Pierre von Mondragon

Sunday 15th. Last night was the heaviest session of the whole thing, given the Banana Cake and all, but, held it together. Did some academic pottering about during the day, not doing another day of edibles, film or not. Lebowski is at 7.30, so decide to eat in the city. Had I tried Batavia's menu by that point I would have probably gone there first, but hadn't, and time was tight, so had a burger and a Delirium Argentum in the new mini Delirium bar at the Ij end of Centraal in the newish bit at the end. Stiiiill manage to be 5 minutes late for the film, which was good, you should totally see it already... It's great watching films with a beer, even a Heineken.

Wander over to Batavia, can't remember if I go into Voyager first to get something...
Actually, just remembered that last night before going home, I went into Central and got 20e worth of the 5.60 Amnesia hash, fittingly. I always feel that I should be suspicious of such a deal, and it always turns out to be fine.

So, yeah, Batavia, where I find the CCs and Lemming fixing up his new vape, I also remember getting some chat with Comus and Nugs was around and about, but you'd be surprised at how all these nights maniacally smoking up with a few laced beers on the side tend to merge together. *Surprised*

Another top night, I take a couple of days out of the 420ing to do insufficient amounts of studying and writing, shame to miss De Baarsjes and Noord sessions, but I have to do this shit, and enjoy reading about them to make up for it. Next in town for the Cap'ns Party on the 18th...
Pierre von Mondragon

Interlude, not in Amsterdam for 16th & 17th, all the reports sound good.

Wednesday, 18th April. Try to do some work before going into town later, but it has turned super warm, so go for a cycle to have a rural puff, but get as far as the Zijl and a small bar/cafe called Het Dobbertje, couple of beers and a burger. A lovely couple of hours, couple of Palms, then head home and get it togther for hitting Batavia.
Into Amsterdam, always timing my movements to get the 40% off peak discount you get only with a residents railcard. Stop by Voyagers to get more of that Sour Casey 10e business, now I know I like it i can get 3 g, sorted. I think I bump into Stan here too, I definitely did one time. I can't really claim to accurately know what time I get into Batavia, pretty close to time, and the cave is packed and hot, have a seat, I remember meeting T and smoking up there, and all the posse I met last year, Macky Drugsbunny, OHMF, Choppermike, resident Nugs, Smirks and the early group of Lemming & the CCs, and then loads of new to me folks Ken, 2 Stick, Kushola, Ed, Kushola and anyone else I missed out, I'm truly sorry, I was high... I may also have placed people from later days in here, or otherwise muddled things...
Lots of great chat, beers, dabs, syrooop, bongs vapes, can't remember if it was this evening I realised eating here was a good option as well, think I stayed to near the end. Trains are so reliable here, and so taken for granted, I was irritated at a 40 minute wait one night, when late city hopping in Scotland would have been a living nightmare, orjust impossible on public transport, respect to the late night trains!
Next up, Haarlem And Boat
talkrum

Post by talkrum »

I am enjoying your report and pictures. More please.
Pierre von Mondragon

Cheers!
Thursday 19th April.
It's Haarlem day, and boat day, so I set my alarm for 11, so I don't sleep in, Night Owls gonna hoot. There had been mild conjecture online about maybe going early to the Jopenkerk for lunch before the sesh, but I didn't have it together enough, and neither did anyone else. Took my bike on the train to better facilitate my movements. Get to Haarlem on time, and I'm first at Willie Wortels Indica, get a g of the 24k and a cuppa, and soon everybody else starts arriving. I took my Volcano bag along, because EZ valves are way too small, but as soon as the Rosin Machines get fired up I go to look and have a go, it's one thing watching internet videos, and quite another to do.
So I get the rosin kit, and decide to use what's left of the Amnesia hash from Central to try it out. I use half the baking paper supplied, Maxx, who was graciously helping out those who hadn't done it yet, looks at it and says "That's a false economy, you need it all" Now, it wasn't exactly about economy so much, but he was right, it wasn't enough, and most of it came out the side of the machine in a state halfway between proper rosin and the hash it had started as. That was silly of me.
I realised that the crawl part of the Haarlem trip would be limited, so, glad of the bike, I nipped out to the Lounge for some Silver Haze, and Regine for some Blue Dream block, and back to WWI to try the machine again. Use a couple of g of the Silver haze in the flower press, but lose attention somewhere, and by the time I return, I've overcooked it, and the paper has disintegrated, get some of the rosin, and keep the puck that half of it has dissolved back into. Attempt 3, use half the Blue Dream, enough paper, and the proper time, and finally get a worthwhile haul, yayy! So people coming and going, and the next stop is the far Willie Wortel because it has a roof terrace.
EDIT Forgot that I took a photo of the Blue Dream rosin
Get there, get a g of Warm Oortje, alright, nothing special, and we're all hanging about in the roasting roof heat for a while, then the drift off to get food, and to get into Amsterdam for the boat, starts. I realise that I left my bike train ticket in WWI, and go back, and they find it in the bin for me, top marks on that one, cheers!
Go to the station, and there is a train handy that is full, I go to the bike bit of the train, it's full and some guy says "Nee Fiets" I glower at him while still pushing it on, and say firmly "Ja Fiets" I am too roasting to fucking argue with some random who is sitting in the bit where the bikes go, so that's settled, I've definitely learned some of the Dutch way of things, and I've also learned to ignore some of their shit.
Into town, I head to Utopia as it was on the pre-boat list, but nobody in I recognise, so go round to Spuistraat to get a pizza and a beverage, consume, then off to Batavia for meeting folks. Another drink then off to the boat, in the company of, I think, 2Stick.
The Boat
So, it's the same boat, I haven't got drinks, so have to get a couple of bottles from a pub like an idiot, then we're off. it is the usual flurry of joints pipes and the, by now heard of, bongs. Touching tributes, toasts and salutes were paid to the sadly fallen ACD member Spidergawd, but he was remembered in the spirit of the forum, and it was fittingly done, according to those who knew him best.
This time the boat goes East instead of the way it went last time, we see those famous 7 bridges I think, I spend some time inside, then out the back, chatting and caning, then we're back, too soon, too soon!
Then it's back to Batavia for more hazy times until fade out, yet another late train back to Leiden, great day.
EDIT- No it isn't, this is when we went to Susie's Saloon with Ingi, sat about caning it up for a couple of hours, and THEN went to Batavia, here is a photo of the Botorhead outside the Saloon
Late night shmoke zone waiting for the train
Next up, yer actual 420.
Last edited by Pierre von Mondragon on Sat 2nd Jun 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

A good day so it was!
Enjoyable reading squire.
Pierre von Mondragon

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 1st Jun 2018 02:52 pm A good day so it was!
Enjoyable reading squire.
Oh aye min, proper! Cheers