10th July Trip

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
petercrox

10th July Trip

Post by petercrox »

Arriving for a short one on 10th July

I normally head straight to Voyagers to pick up some Lemon Bubble - but reading recent reports I'm now not so sure.

Thinking I might try Boerejongens for SSH or maybe Tweede Kamer for Super Lemon Haze or even Lemon Ice - I'm a bit of a sucker for a cirtus flavour and a Sativa type effect.

Anybody got any opinions they would like to share on this ?

Regards
Peter

OneHighMofo

Re: 10th July Trip

Post by OneHighMofo »

The standard of lemon bubble is in my experience pretty consistent - within the known laws of entropy of course.
I've never asked Andy or Danny if the product in the shop is from mothers or seeds - given it's their strain I wouldn't have thought they were short on beans and they'll probably want to retain an element of vigour to ensure decent yields.

So If I had to guess - I'd say mothers changed every couple years. She seems consistent enough to me that the property variations between batches are basically environmental in orgin. And I'd guess (unlike the silver bubble half of her parentage) that the strain is pretty stable due to a decent amout of selection and back-crossing. I'll make sure to ask next time I'm in.

The lemon ice from Tweede Kamer was decent enough back in April - slightly odd texture if I had to make a critique but it had interesting enough flavour; like a super-citrus-loaded white widow.

Have fun :)
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Best SSH I’ve ever had is currently at Siberie. If you are a fan of citrus, the Lemon Skunk at Supermarkt is amazing. The citrus would cut thru everything. The SSH also cut thru everything.
petercrox

Post by petercrox »

Went to Tweede Kamer which is a lovely little shop with nice staff.

I picked up some SSH and as there was no Lemon Ice available I also some Hawaiian Flower Bomb which the girl said was a slightly lighter more energising smoke for daytime use (and it was nice big buds).

The effect of the HFB was fine but it was a very harsh smoke and no flavour.

The SSH was a lovely tasty smoke and a bigger hitter.

Might try a lick of Lemon Buuble today just for old times sake, and if that doesn’t hit the spot then SSH from Siberie. (Lemon Skunk has a bit too much of a body hit for me - if I recall correctly)
petercrox

Post by petercrox »

No Lemon Bubble at Voyagers and they have been out for some time.

SSH from Siberie is a nice hard hitter and although a bit more potent, didn’t seem as tasty as the Tweede Kamer SSH.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Cheers for your updates!! Always great to see things up to date on here!!
petercrox

Post by petercrox »

So that’s it. The trip is over.

So what have I learnt ?

In the end I went for the SSH from Siberie - thanks for the tip LMMReb !

The girls really enjoyed the Hawaiian Flower Bomb from Tweede Kamer - not much taste but a nice light giggly effect, energising and great for in the day. And if you hammer it hard enough it does get you (as I found out on the last night).

Great trip and already looking forward to the next one....