10 Day Hague/AMS Critique my shopping list.

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
RedGecko58

10 Day Hague/AMS Critique my shopping list.

Post by RedGecko58 »

Getting Excited so I thought I'd make my first post about my trip next week! 5 days in the Hague and 5 Days in Amsterdam, Spending first morning in AMS before travelling to the Hague. The list below is a rough guide to what I will be hunting down (Yes I've spent too much time looking at menus :lol: :lol: ).

Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated. Also suggestions for the dark Asian hash which i would like to try, currently I've put Barneys but I'm not sure. I prefer my hash but she prefers light green.

On previous visit Dampkring was my favourite shop to spend time in, but was often a bit too busy.

My list
Boerejongens - Tangie Block Hash & Madelaine Hash

Dampkring - Neviles Haze - Sativa.

Grey Area - Sativa or Indica suggestion? - e15

1e Hulp - Nicole hash

Barneys - Manala Cream -

GreenHouse - Jack Herer - Sativa

Het Ballongte - Grateful Breath (Indica)

Cremers (Hague) - Skunk no1

Dizzy Duck (Hague) - Enemy of the state Hash

Other Shops we intend to visit (Probably just for coffee, unless they have something I particularly fancy)

Jolly Joker (Never Been)
MR K&Co (Not sure, I like the shop but the woman was really rude last time)
OverKant Hortus (Never Been)
Abraxas (Love the table service when we both don't/can't stand up haha)
Resin (Never Been)
Last edited by RedGecko58 on Thu 19th Jul 2018 01:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madmaxxx

Re: 10 Day trip plan / Critique my shopping list.

Post by madmaxxx »

Hope dizzy still got some was killer in feb.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Overkant Hortus had a nice black Asian hash, but that was a while back. As it's not often reviewed, it would be nice to hear what their current offerings are like.

The cheese hash at Resin is recommendable.
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 01:16 pm Overkant Hortus had a nice black Asian hash, but that was a while back. As it's not often reviewed, it would be nice to hear what their current offerings are like.

The cheese hash at Resin is recommendable.
madmaxxx wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 01:03 pm Hope dizzy still got some was killer in feb.
@MadMaxxx Are you talking about the EoS Hash? The only reason thats on the list is someone told me that it was also killer when they went, I looked at it online and it looks like a hard boiled sweet

@Fat_Old_Dwarf Will check that out when we go the botanical gardens and will send feedback. The only reason I had put barneys down was hoping the price tag (e18) would mean quality (hopefully :roll: ). The problem with Asian Hash is that I've never tried it so assessing quality will be the problem for me, any tips?
Fat_old_dwarf

Re: 10 Day Hague/AMS Critique my shopping list.

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Good black hash tends to be pliable, often almost unworkable in the heat, like Baba's Malana Hash, although the Kashmir that Utopia probably doesn't do any more was just the right texture for me, and could be smoked on its own. Should be fairly tasty and hit like a train, in contrast to (for example) the Temple Ball I had from 1e Hulp, which put me off the shop for years. Nowadays it's got good hashes in the €11-€16 range, but I'd still steer clear of anything they called Temple Ball unless someone trustworthy had vouched for it. Almost everyone has an awful Temple Ball story. I remember the black hash from Overkant Hortus as being ostensibly Indian and good value at under €10, but that was a few years ago.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I have an awful Temple Ball story from my last trip!!!! I thought it was just me not knowing how to smoke it properly. I wasted damned near the entire T&T with Ro and Ken trying to get that @#$@#$ Temple Ball hash to light up and smoke. Bought 1g of it at Baba, and of the entire gram, I think I got one good hit out of it. I figure Ro and Ken thought I was some lunatic focusing on that damned Temple Ball Hash for nearly the entire conversation with them. I burnt out an entire stinking lighter full of lighter fluid in my efforts to smoke it.
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

5 days a long long time in The Hague IMO, you'll keep going back to the best places unless you widen your scope to include Leiden and maybe Haarlem for day trips, or Delft and Rotterdam, so many choices. Leiden CS only open at 1700 hrs though, High Society is easily the best shop in town.

Your list looks cool, but any one of those might not be the best thing in the shop at the time, even if it is the genetics you want, but you have decent shops, that's the main thing. Between checking the stuff out and recommendations I'm sure you'll unearth some firey gems
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 09:14 pm Good black hash tends to be pliable, often almost unworkable in the heat, like Baba's Malana Hash, although the Kashmir that Utopia probably doesn't do any more was just the right texture for me, and could be smoked on its own. Should be fairly tasty and hit like a train, in contrast to (for example) the Temple Ball I had from 1e Hulp, which put me off the shop for years. Nowadays it's got good hashes in the €11-€16 range, but I'd still steer clear of anything they called Temple Ball unless someone trustworthy had vouched for it. Almost everyone has an awful Temple Ball story. I remember the black hash from Overkant Hortus as being ostensibly Indian and good value at under €10, but that was a few years ago.
Thanks for that I'll keep that in mind when inspecting! And will check Overkant out!

Whats the reason for the temple balls not being right? Contaminated because every tourist wants them, lack of supply, Random stuff being sold as TB?
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 11:53 am 5 days a long long time in The Hague IMO, you'll keep going back to the best places unless you widen your scope to include Leiden and maybe Haarlem for day trips, or Delft and Rotterdam, so many choices. Leiden CS only open at 1700 hrs though, High Society is easily the best shop in town.

Your list looks cool, but any one of those might not be the best thing in the shop at the time, even if it is the genetics you want, but you have decent shops, that's the main thing. Between checking the stuff out and recommendations I'm sure you'll unearth some firey gems
Haha, I know exactly what you mean, the Hague will be the slower part of our trip, but also cost less than half for better accommodation. We plan on visiting Escher Museum, Sea World, Beach, Court of Justice and taking truffles. However it will be quite cool because we will enjoy the Hague and still have the 'main' part of the trip left. We also plan on spending more time in the flat in the Hague enjoying the liberal tolerance together.

That said we have been looking at day trips to Rotterdam but will enquire about Leiden! As for the list its just a rough guide the specific items are more 'categories' roughly things I hope to find but will be inspecting a selection before purchase!

Thanks for the suggestions!
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

your save money on weed as welll.get tram from hauge to delft as well.if you fancy a change it only a couple of euro for 24hr pass
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

plus one for high society. best shop on leiden.
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

plus one for high society. best shop on leiden.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Plus one for High Society, then enjoy walking the Leiden Loop, then end at Sumatra (Indonesian food) before getting on the train back to your source destination.