A long weekend

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
HolySmokey

A long weekend

Post by HolySmokey »

10th of August mrs holysmokey and I are going to Amsterdam with EasyJet. Will be staying in Hoofddorp (friends place), real close to Amsterdam. Depending of the weather (at the moment the weather is real nice) we will be travelling by OR E-Bike OR public transportation OR Uber.

Unfortunately we will be returning the 14th, early in the morning, so actually lose a complete day. Will definitely visit the top 3 shops that where nominated by Zamnesia (Zamnesia Amsterdam Coffeeshop Award) and if there is time some others. Actually almost the only plans are visiting some shops and just see what the day will bring.
They are located across Amsterdam, so we will see a lot of Amsterdam :) :) :)

Willjay

Re: A long weekend

Post by Willjay »

Have fun :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

HolySmokey wrote: Wed 25th Jul 2018 10:06 amWill definitely visit the top 3 shops that where nominated by Zamnesia (Zamnesia Amsterdam Coffeeshop Award) and if there is time some others.
Hadn't heard of the 'Zamnesia Award', but the Stud won, so, no complaints... I do find it weird that a shop like the Stud would win on a poll when the runners up are Boer & Barneys... Would've thought the bigger shops would walk it, considering that's how these apparent popularity contests work, but no... Well done Stud!

...het Ballonnetje is worth a look also, HolySmoke... It's the current forum favourite, as far as i can tell!

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Schroom

Post by Schroom »

if you got the time, I personally also recomend Green House in The Pijp district. it was my favorite place last WE
HolySmokey

Post by HolySmokey »

@KeyMonCha,

I will put Ballonnetje also on my to-visit list :), will let you know if it will be my favorite also. My list is getting a bit long, cause today in the chat told me about visiting Eastwood. Will definitely do it relaxt, because will be arriving in the evening, that have 2 full days and than te next day will have to leave early. The long weekend is still more like a holiday than like work. So don't want to make it a very tight schedule.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Don't forget Hoofdorp has two shops of it's own.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-Hoofdorp/Hoofdorp.htm

Enjoy
FlyByNite
HolySmokey

Post by HolySmokey »

@FlyByNite

See that the are open till 22:00. So will also probably visit them for a my SleepWell joint :)
HolySmokey

Post by HolySmokey »

Was waking up with this song in my head.

The sun will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam (Hoofdorp) here we come, Your only a day away!!!!
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

HolySmokey wrote: Thu 9th Aug 2018 09:04 am Was waking up with this song in my head.

The sun will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam (Hoofdorp) here we come, Your only a day away!!!!

Hope you don’t have any “hard knocks” on your way to tomorrow :lol: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
HolySmokey

Post by HolySmokey »

Got to tell you guys, what a weekend WHAT A WEEKEND.
Amsterdam captured my heart (and lungs for that matter) and will try to do my best to be there once again this year.

All the shops I visited (Barneys, Boerenjongens, The Stud, Eastwood, Ballonnetje, Greenhouse and Superfly) where great.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22557 don't have the shop that I like most so I won't put my Top 3 in yet.

I would definitely recommend everybody to visit more local shops (Superfly, The Stud, Eastwood) as there is a bit more value for money and having a talk with the locals is what made my weekend perfect.