Spammers are Back!

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
spidergawd

Re: Spammers are Back!

Post by spidergawd »

Yeah, it really does blow a nice high to find all this shit on here, a bit depressing. :(

What a long strange trip it is.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

banshee beat wrote:I think the title spam warriors would be more relevant than mods ...
Spambo!
weoftenscore6

Post by weoftenscore6 »

I just wish someone would sort it out. :evil:
tot ziens

Post by tot ziens »

I'm confused, doesn't someone need to approve access (membership) to this forum, or is it all done electronically?
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Sadly there is no magic bullet to stop spam. It's an arms race. Each new countermeasure is eventually rendered ineffective. See the many other threads on the subject for details.

There have been some here in the past advocating closing the forum to new members. Some of them are no longer around and that's the point. Members come and go. Without a constant supply of new blood the forum would become stale and eventually fade away as others have before it. It might be very effective against spammers but closing the forum would ultimately do just that, close it.

Short of using that ultimate weapon a tiny percentage of the attempted spam is bound to slip through. I'll continue to do all that I can without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Lemming wrote:Sadly there is no magic bullet to stop spam. It's an arms race. Each new countermeasure is eventually rendered ineffective. See the many other threads on the subject for details.

There have been some here in the past advocating closing the forum to new members. Some of them are no longer around and that's the point. Members come and go. Without a constant supply of new blood the forum would become stale and eventually fade away as others have before it. It might be very effective against spammers but closing the forum would ultimately do just that, close it.

Short of using that ultimate weapon a tiny percentage of the attempted spam is bound to slip through. I'll continue to do all that I can without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Nobody is suggesting that there is a "magic bullet".
However, there are options that you haven't and for some reason don't want to implement.
Why do you object to allowing certain members the ability to delete spam?
Why have you not implemented all of the security measures that have been explained in detail in this and other threads?
We are not asking for you to "throw the baby out with the bathwater", just to do the best that's possible, which until now, you refuse to do.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Thanks Lem :D
Also mate thanks for removing the thread yesterday that I was foolish enough to post in regarding the weight issue. I'm afraid I let my strop about the spam get the better of me and assumed thats what it was. On reflection I realised it that it might have been a genuine cry of anguish. I dont know, but my post was awful and for that I apologise. :oops:
What a long strange trip it is.
gapie

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

If you spot a post by a spambot please don't reply to it, don't PM me and don't post about it.
Simply click the report button: Image
This is easiest for everyone.

Thanks
Lem
bigdaddyk

Post by bigdaddyk »

dam aint the only place in nl
gapie

Post by gapie »

ooeeh ooeehh some spam I saw sorry
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
newzealandkushking

Post by newzealandkushking »

haha lol this thread was too funny.. There are still spammers chillin bein villains though
Kiwi's or Aussies dont buy from these guys they are scammers (http://www.weedseedsnz.com)