ACD Facebook Page/Group

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

ACD Facebook Page/Group

Post by Lemming »

I'm not a member of Facebook so I can't see this thing. I heard about it a few years ago and once saw it on someone's phone. Since then I'd forgotten about it.

Then, just recently, I've had a couple of messages asking me about it.

Do you know anything about this page, group or whatever it is?

spidergawd

Re: ACD Facebook Page/Group

Post by spidergawd »

Yes mate it's run by Jonny Bone (Boner that was), remember him? :)
I think the FB page is for folks with a lot of time to spend online mostly but there are several members who also post here. Its more a place for real-time conversation really I think rather than a forum where info is more easily accessible like here.
It's easy to find fault with it but its just a different communication platform to this one. Very social though, lots of Amsterdam meet ups happening throughout the year. :)
What a long strange trip it is.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Ah! Thanks for the info. Yes, of course I remember Boner. Much missed.

The reason I was asking was because I had received a couple of messages asking if I was the admin for the FB page. Now I know who is so thanks.
spliffy360

Post by spliffy360 »

yes i did ask if you were admin as i got blocked from it for no reason, is quite entertaining on the mobile, but i find its more a page for trolling other peoples post to be fair. i did message jonny bone as to why i was blocked also leroy tyson but no replies from either, seems very poorly run with admin having no idea about what goes on. i put a post up about people doing a little research before asking silly questions and i was then gone lol, questions like, can someone get me flights and a hotel please, i basically mentioned that all info needed you can find on google, tripadvisor etc, this obviously didnt go down to well.
tinky

Post by tinky »

spliffy360 wrote:yes i did ask if you were admin as i got blocked from it for no reason, is quite entertaining on the mobile, but i find its more a page for trolling other peoples post to be fair. i did message jonny bone as to why i was blocked also leroy tyson but no replies from either, seems very poorly run with admin having no idea about what goes on. i put a post up about people doing a little research before asking silly questions and i was then gone lol, questions like, can someone get me flights and a hotel please, i basically mentioned that all info needed you can find on google, tripadvisor etc, this obviously didnt go down to well.

Have to agree with you - I've posted links to hotels flights etc and yet 5 min later same question are asked . Banned for saying use google is a joke when number 5 of the pinned post is use the search lol
1: Be nice, if you can't be nice then fuck off.
2: Banters fine just be nice.
3: Insulting somebody isn't being nice.
4: Try and stick to the topic of the group, that's Amsterdam, Holland and the Coffeeshops and the Cannabis it sells.
5: Try and use the search engine or scroll through the group for things like Hotels & Apartments, the question has been asked lots of times and more than likely very recently.
6: Don't moan about things you don't like that are being posted in the group, if you don't like something scroll past it or leave the group.
7: Don't cry if you get banned for being an idiot, I/We don't care.
8: This isn't a dating page or a can you hook me up with weed page.
9: Don't sell anything via this group.
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

believe me you aint missing much :mrgreen: and any good info,gets lost
tinky

Post by tinky »

madmaxxx wrote:believe me you aint missing much :mrgreen: and any good info,gets lost

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: have to agree with you there
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

tinky wrote:
spliffy360 wrote:yes i did ask if you were admin as i got blocked from it for no reason, is quite entertaining on the mobile, but i find its more a page for trolling other peoples post to be fair. i did message jonny bone as to why i was blocked also leroy tyson but no replies from either, seems very poorly run with admin having no idea about what goes on. i put a post up about people doing a little research before asking silly questions and i was then gone lol, questions like, can someone get me flights and a hotel please, i basically mentioned that all info needed you can find on google, tripadvisor etc, this obviously didnt go down to well.

Have to agree with you - I've posted links to hotels flights etc and yet 5 min later same question are asked . Banned for saying use google is a joke when number 5 of the pinned post is use the search lol
4: Try and stick to the topic of the group, that's Amsterdam, Holland and the Coffeeshops and the Cannabis it sells.
5: Try and use the search engine or scroll through the group for things like Hotels & Apartments, the question has been asked lots of times and more than likely very recently.
6: Don't moan about things you don't like that are being posted in the group, if you don't like something scroll past it or leave the group.

lol
got banned too
for saying google is your friend! My gawd does no one do any research on their own??

was a member for only a couple of weeks. alot of children that need to be spoon fed.
silly
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

I, also felt the swinging axe of their ban. Someone asked about the cost of tobacco in Amsterdam, and being snarky, I responded with 'Lung disease?' with a smiley face, and 'just kidding...' Someone from Gateshead, UK threatened that I would be banned, and the next thing I knew, I couldn't access the group anymore. Also, the person who made the threat responded to my message with an insult, and blocked any chance for me to respond- what a brave soul...

Many thanks to Lemming for the follow-up, the link to this thread, and everything else you do to keep this directory operating so smoothly. If, through some stroke of good luck, I can travel again to A'dam in the future, I would certainly do my research here, rather than on Fakebook.

Cheers!!
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

Hahaha i pretty much got bannned exactly as everybody else here, when i told em too search the site before asking the same question for the 10th time, that same week. But now i actually think they did me a favor.

Let the kids have fun on FB, protected by retarded admins, and we who appreciate real good info wit real Admins, well stay on here.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

:) FB doesn't do humour/irony very well. :roll: Trigger Fingers. :D

But it is what it is, theres no competition with a forum.
What a long strange trip it is.
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

spidergawd wrote::) FB doesn't do humour/irony very well. :roll: Trigger Fingers. :D

But it is what it is, theres no competition with a forum.
You speak the truth, spidergawd. I have too much of a life going on to survive merely on Facebook.
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
winnie

Post by winnie »

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
tinky wrote:

lol
got banned too
for saying google is your friend! My gawd does no one do any research on their own??

was a member for only a couple of weeks. alot of children that need to be spoon fed.
silly
I always had you down for a trouble maker
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

winnie wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote: lol
got banned too

silly
I always had you down for a trouble maker
ya know me too well : )

-- i was surprised to see so many more young female tokers on FB and ALL of them wanting to post their pictures with their smoke!
a totally different world
i fit better here
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Wonder how long before Facebook deletes the ACD Facebook Page/Group?

See here