New Forum Features

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

New Forum Features

Post by Lemming »

Image Media Embed

This enables you to embed content from Instagram, Facebook, flickr and many others.

Simply click the new Image icon to create a pair of media tags. Then insert the address of the content between the tags like this

Code: Select all

[media]http://instagram.com/p/gbGaIXBQbn/[/media]
Apparently it will work automatically without the tags too but best to use them.

The only content that won't work this way at the moment is YouTube. That's because we already have the youtube tags and the existing posts using them would stop working if I removed them.

In time I might try to convert the old posts using SQL because the media method is probably better. It should be more future-proof and might avoid the issues reported recently with certain browsers on phones.

In the meantime continue to use the Image button for YouTube content.

I haven't tried many experiments with the media tag so please check it out and report back here.

Image Share Topic

I don't really do social media but if you do then there's a new button at the top of each topic (a.k.a. thread). Click the Image button to share the topic on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Again, I haven't tried this out so please give it a go and report back here on how you get on.

mChat

We have a new version of chat. It's no longer a beta version and now an official extension of phpBB. It seems to be a bit faster than before and now shows mentions of members as a link to their profile. There are probably some other minor changes too.

Enjoy!