Amsterdam’s Red Light District places ban on tourists staring at sex workers

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
KeyMonCha

Amsterdam’s Red Light District places ban on tourists staring at sex workers

Post by KeyMonCha »

Please tell me this is a weird joke!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/5635424 ... s-windows/

...Not that it'll affect me.... I have trouble just looking up in the RLD!

Surly, they rely on people staring?!?!?

...I mean, FFS, THEY'RE IN A FUCKING WINDOW!!!

:roll:

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Amsterdam’s Red Light District places ban on tourists staring at sex workers

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

:lol: Actually think that it is legit, although the law only applies to tour groups and only punishes the guides if they don't comply to the new rules... :)
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
KeyMonCha

Re: Amsterdam’s Red Light District places ban on tourists staring at sex workers

Post by KeyMonCha »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 28th Feb 2018 04:08 pm :lol: Actually think that it is legit, although the law only applies to tour groups and only punishes the guides if they don't comply to the new rules... :)
I think you are correct... Seems a little mean towards the tour guides, but i assume some form of insurance scheme would be added to the tour booking procedure... I wonder if it'll work both ways, and tourist can have some of the more "intimidating" working girls fined for staring at them? ...Or chasing them down the road, which i admit, i haven't seen for a while, but used to be quite common. :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ah the good ole days! We well remember the more colorful times of the RLD (for better and for worse) :lol: it would be only fair if it went both ways...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Totally rediculous to even think of baning anyone looking at anything that's on public display.
I don't want to be looked at by thousands of tourists, so I don't stand half naked in a window! :roll:
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Amsterdam's Red Light District places ban on tourists staring at sex workers staring at their smartphones

There, I fixed the title. :D
"Laif" with a long "a".