How Does Cannabis Interact With Other Drugs?

Cannabis sans frontieres.
Fat_old_dwarf

Re: How Does Cannabis Interact With Other Drugs?

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Interesting. It's something you don't hear much about, at least from those with figures to back up their findings. It explains why, when soapbar became ubiquitous in my neck of the woods, why I would have a morning drink with my wake and bake, because otherwise it didn't work. (And at that point I gave up cannabis for years, because I'm not much of a drinker, let alone one who drinks in the morning. I thought I'd developed permanent tolerance. Only years later did I find out what the stuff was.)

Also, it sheds some light on the eternal tobacco arguments. Nicotine has the least effect on its own of any drug I know, but it potentiates (never say that word) others. I don't like mixing cannabis with tobacco, but I often have a roll-up afterwards, and I don't think the difference it makes is all in my head. Though I agree it's minimal considering the damage tobacco does.

Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@Fat_old_dwarf

Personally I know that soapbar is still big with at least smack heads and/or homeless people(latter one especially as a 'booster' combined with alcohol and for synergy effect not only along this group of course, as popular as ridiculous classic mix of stimulants with alcohol ; of course again among other things)for some reasons also mentioned in this article.
I know I'm anal again but think it's a bit exaggerated as even the worst gear at least got me slightly high even with a high tolerance(noticeable at least)so same with shitbar or other crappy gear but I hear that a lot ; same with people funnily thinking drinking alcohol in the morning is fucked up but lighting up in the morning seems to be more okay , oh those hierarchies again :lol: (For the record: each to their own believe it or not but if one is doing any of those drugs on a regular when starting one's day this is at least equallly problematic that's my point.).
Also I know soapbar is going to prisons and sold there(like so much else of course)at horrible prices as usual there ; no one should go to prison for drugs but dealers of soapbar and border afghan should :lol: !

Nicotine: fortunately I figured out before ever trying this how pointless mostly this drug is. As far as I'm informed especially THC pontentiates Nicotine but at the same time Nicotine ambivalently surpresses THC, this is documented, too. Noticed this a lot personally when uneducated but regulary consuming people used to mixing smoke pure wiet for the first time as they think nothing happens as cannabinoids seem to need some time to enter bloodstream ; ammonia which seems to be a regular tobacco additive ensures Nicotine as THC entering the bloostream a lot faster in both cases, go figure.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Jesscass wrote: Sat 25th Mar 2017 09:50 pmsame with people funnily thinking drinking alcohol in the morning is fucked up but lighting up in the morning seems to be more okay , oh those hierarchies again :lol: (For the record: each to their own believe it or not but if one is doing any of those drugs on a regular when starting one's day this is at least equallly problematic that's my point.).
You do seem to have some compelling need to fall out with everyone, don't you? It's not so much the disagreement as that 'I'm the only one who can think logically' tone.

Drugs are different. People are different. For myself -- I've done numerous day trips to Amsterdam, arriving as early as 4AM and leaving late in the evening. I couldn't imagine doing that if I were drinking -- I'd be feeling tired and slugged by 10 at the latest, not enjoying anything and struggling to stay awake. But then, there are drinkers who could manage it, and smokers who couldn't.

By your logic, I could say 'same with people funnily thinking shooting up heroin after work is fucked up but smoking a joint seems to be more okay'. If it's fine to smoke cannabis, why isn't it the same with heroin? Well, you see, they're different drugs.
tot ziens

Post by tot ziens »

By relatively safe you should consider Cannabis has been used medically and recreationally for 7,000 years and hasn't killed a single person. Last year 88,000 people died of alcohol poisoning in the United States alone. Cannabis is non toxic to human beings literally...it has no LD50.
As far as addiction, it's not physically addictive but it does make me grumpy and act like a dick for a week or so when I take a break from it. 👍😄
Fishzhil

Post by Fishzhil »

No doubt, there’s a lot of buzz surrounding the potential benefits of medical marijuana. But we have a lot of research with no answer on how cannabis might interact with prescribed or over-the-counter medications a person may also be taking. Some years ago, they said that CBD might reduce the effectiveness of other medications, including antidepressants like Cymbalta or duloxetine.
FawnWitmer

Post by FawnWitmer »

It depends on what other drugs you are taking and how its use can interact with other drugs. But yes the chances of interact are very high in some cases where you are fighting against the severe diseases. That's why I prefer CBD topicals as compared to their oral use.