Hello all

The place for new members to say hello.
Daz1976

Hello all

Post by Daz1976 »

So I have finally registered after many months of reading through comments and using the maps to plan my next trip - which isn't until September 😩 ......

First of all, big massive congratulations on this amazing site. So helpful and useful, and there appears to be a great community spirit among the (majority of) members 😀✌️

This year will be my 4th visit to the dam, the first being in 1999 (the golden years lol), and other visits have been the last two years - making this year 3-in-a-row. Don't know why it took me so long to return (16 years between 1st and 2nd visit!!), but making up for lost time now 😜😆

Already have a couple of coffeeshop walks prepared. Hotel is near vondelpark so the first walk is heading west taking in cheech and chongs (purely for outside photo lol), coffeeshop 1e hulp (smoke time), then onto rockland (was first ever coffeeshop, again photos outside), then heading back down to find la tertulia (I have read many positive reviews) then finally onto new times (last years favourite).

The next walk will be heading east to Katsu then up towards rembrandtplein - any suggestions for coffee shops in this area ?

OneHighMofo

Re: Hello all

Post by OneHighMofo »

Welcome Daz - great to see another lurker come in to the fold, I think it's a story a lot of us can relate to :)

Just behind Tertulia on Elandsgracht is Coffeshop Johnny where you'll find the Amsterdam Genetics menu from the Boereojongens chain, great pricing and a menu that often contains many strains you won't find elsewhere.

On your journey from Tertulia to Katsu in De Pijp you could swing by Rookies on Korte Leidsedwarsstraat.
If you miss the opportunity to check out Johnny's menu - you'll get another (similar - but perhaps not quite the same) as you pass by Boereojongens central (Utrechtsestraat) on your way north from Katsu to Rembrantplein.

I think my choice of smokery near the Rembrantplein would be the Old Church on the south shore of the Amstel. Nice little place and I've often enjoyed my purchases there.

Let us know how you get on :)
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

Cheers onehighmofo, some good suggestions there, have read good things about rookies and coffeeshop Johnny, although I can't remember reading anything on the old church - time to investigate lol 😆😆

I will be sure to post a review ✌️ Although pretty sure I'll be here many times before that 😜
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Daz1976 wrote: Wed 21st Feb 2018 10:26 am
This year will be my 4th visit to the dam, the first being in 1999 (the golden years lol),

Already have a couple of coffeeshop walks prepared. Hotel is near vondelpark so the first walk is heading west taking in cheech and chongs (purely for outside photo lol), coffeeshop 1e hulp (smoke time), then onto rockland (was first ever coffeeshop, again photos outside), then heading back down to find la tertulia (I have read many positive reviews) then finally onto new times (last years favourite).

The next walk will be heading east to Katsu then up towards rembrandtplein - any suggestions for coffee shops in this area ?
There's something we share as my first trip was in 1999 as well. It's been five (5) years since my last visit. Health issues have prevented me from making trip number ten. Hoping to visit in October.

If your going to be taking photos of coffeeshop outsides (lol), why not take some menu pictures for FBN? Feed the Fly. His website contains lots of coffeeshop menus to drool over and information that you can use to hook up with fellow ACDers while you're there in September.