posting a trip report

Post tips here on how to join, how to post pictures, etc.
cornish pixie

posting a trip report

Post by cornish pixie »

ive tried three times now to post a report but everytime i press submit i end up being sent back to the log in page !!! what am i doing wrong just want to give something back to guys after reading all your posts etc :cry:

"If you can, then do "
StonedSince67

Re: posting a trip report

Post by StonedSince67 »

cornish pixie wrote:ive tried three times now to post a report but everytime i press submit i end up being sent back to the log in page !!! what am i doing wrong just want to give something back to guys after reading all your posts etc :cry:
have you logged in and then started typing?

have you spent a long time typing before hitting submit?

have you typed something in and then gone away from the computer for awhile and then hit submit?

the system will log you out automatically after a period of time

try typing the report in word or notepad or some word-processing software package and then when it is finished, copy-and-paste in the report window when logged-in and then hit submit
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

Taking to too long is probably the problem to be honest. I not a quick at typing to be honest. Will try the copy n paste method. Is it jus like you do for the pictures ? If so have done a couple of tests like boner suggested and worked ok. Thanks for your help mate
"If you can, then do "
Boner

Post by Boner »

Yeah the forum automatically times you out after a period of no activety (I know you're typing but it doesn't recognise that), if you want to type it directly on the forum just press preview every 5 or so mins.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

Thanks boner. Something so simple hay. Should of known better really !!!!
"If you can, then do "
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Yeah man its happened to the best of us :lol: i use a word document now
-
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

I spent ages writing up my 1st trip , came very close to to punching my screen when I got the timed out msg :lol: :lol:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

I didn't get no time out message just sent back to login page !!! I just gave up and thought I'd get some help before I try for a fourth time. Will try again soon cheers all for the advice.
"If you can, then do "
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

this has happened to all of us at some point before we learnt better! I wonder if it's not worth putting a sticky or a notice at the top of the travelogues forum. this prob can be very frustrating, we could lose out on some good trip reports because of it.
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/