What's your favorite instrument?

Tunes, bands and gigs.

Moderators: Balou, 2rollingstoned

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: What's your favorite instrument?

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OK, how many more posts from new lost musician Janet till the spam link?

Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

@Fat_old_dwarf - You're probably right but let's give new posters the benefit of the doubt shall we?
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

My favorite instrument is the Hammond B3 with Lesley Cabinet 8)
But I play air bass :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

technics 1210 8) 8)

i also play guitar hero :lol:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Specifically, this:

Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Strats, Teles and Analogue synths...
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Thu 26th Jul 2018 11:56 am Strats, Teles and Analogue synths...
Nice choice are those your toys and do you still have the cover “ash tray” for the telly :?: :mrgreen: 8)
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Thu 26th Jul 2018 11:56 am Strats, Teles and Analogue synths...
nice set up mate...dabbled with d n b production back in the day but shit got in the way..

people say you can get it all on computer but you cannot beat analogue synths...man the rhodes was the core of many a banger

love the strats too...not a gibson man ?
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

All mine own instruments, yeah, the tele is a Squier from the dodgy end of the 80s, and so not only has no ash tray, but is a top loading bridge instead of through strung, and is plywood to boot. Ace neck though, almost shreddy for a Tele.
All the Gibsons I like, 335s etc are crazy money, and Gibsons in general are too much 'furniture' guitars, Strat design has never really been beaten, certainly not aesthetically, which is why my one is a composite 50s model from their Classic range; Leo Fender design, clean lines, nothing extraneous.
AgripinaEmano

Post by AgripinaEmano »

Piano was my first love in childhood but honestly, I was bad at playing the piano. I am also a great fan of flute and violin but the only thing that I can play is the guitar. In this quarantine, our group of friends made videos with our instruments and shared with each other. However, to improve my performance with guitar, I am considering to get an overdrive pedal from here ( https://www.sound-beat.com/bass-pedals- ... overdrive/ ) to copy the sound of tube amplifier when it comes to high volume. I am considering MXR M89 Bass Overdrive as a good option. Let's see it fits in my budget or not. Even I would like to go with any secondhand option as well.

By the way, for a tube amp, I am thinking to go with a reasonable option. According to friends who are expert in playing electric guitars are suggesting me to use small tube amp like this ( https://www.happynewguitarday.com/best-small-tube-amp/ ) as a beginner and after having some grip on guitar, pedals and sound effects, I can go with a big tube amplifier. I am little confused between Fender Hot Rod Blues Junior III and Orange Amplifiers Rocker 15 for my Fender guitar. :?