Boxing

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

sam

Re: Boxing

Post by sam »

USBONGLORD wrote:boxing rocks...mma two dudes rolling round on a mat hugging each other?..lol...i fight..they hug..lol...mma...hehehe
I think you have mma confused with wrestling.

USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

I'm never confused :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

lol... ya...

boxers throw 300-400 punches with heavily padded gloves

no one gets hurt

no one gets knocked out (you have a better chance of winning lotto)

its boring as fuck.... its like watching paint dry.

the ppv numbers tell the whole story.

mma is destroying boxing
weedhog

Post by weedhog »

As a former golden gloves champ I gotta chime in here, dude until you have been in that ring trading blows you will never understand period.
I also am into MMA and have studies jiu jitsu for many years and actually prefer to watch MMA now much more than boxing. This mainly is due to the fact that theres only 2-3 weight classes worth watching right now....heavyweight division is a joke...at least proffesionaly.

BTW the Pacqio fight. I guess the roids did help ol' Marquez power enough this time, but tbh they both are rumored to use AAS. Either way great knock out!
sam

Post by sam »

weedhog wrote:As a former golden gloves champ I gotta chime in here, dude until you have been in that ring trading blows you will never understand period.
I also am into MMA and have studies jiu jitsu for many years and actually prefer to watch MMA now much more than boxing. This mainly is due to the fact that theres only 2-3 weight classes worth watching right now....heavyweight division is a joke...at least proffesionaly.

BTW the Pacqio fight. I guess the roids did help ol' Marquez power enough this time, but tbh they both are rumored to use AAS. Either way great knock out!
What kind of golden gloves champ were you? State, Regional, or National.
I never made it to nationals but when I was much younger I had state titles. 1984 Silver Gloves(147), 1985 USA/ABF(156), 1986 Golden Gloves and Junior Olympics(165). I found boxing really fun to do but boring to watch. MMA is way more fun to watch, they just need to get rid of most of the pussy ass rules.
I have been out of fighting for a long time. What is AAS? Trust me they will pay for the steroid use when they get older.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Pm me who you are please...I was fighting all over the country in the early and mid 80s...would sure like to catch up on the old times with someone who remembers...and weed hog..you too..just curious :mrgreen: I was floating between cruiser and heavyweight back then 8)
rockin into the night
sam

Post by sam »

USBONGLORD wrote:Pm me who you are please...I was fighting all over the country in the early and mid 80s...would sure like to catch up on the old times with someone who remembers...and weed hog..you too..just curious :mrgreen: I was floating between cruiser and heavyweight back then 8)
PM sent
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Boxing is a great sport, and it is just one aspect of an mma fighter's arsenal.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
sam

Post by sam »

Hey Bong here is the trophy I PMed you about where I said I liked to fight the most.
I was days from turning 16 and fought at 156 then.
It was the only sactioned open weight tournement I ever fought in. After PMing you and remembering all the good times, I had to drive out to my storage shed and get it to show off. LOL I still have all the Medals from my titles, but most of the trophies from regular fights have gotten broken or lost in the last 20+ years.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Lol..nice..ex wife burned most of my shit...storage sheds..ll..we had giant barns here...never went to Iowa ...there cows and sheep and stuff there :mrgreen: open weight fights here always had some 400 pound goon that ya had to climb to hit...good times
rockin into the night
weedhog

Post by weedhog »

sam wrote:
weedhog wrote:As a former golden gloves champ I gotta chime in here, dude until you have been in that ring trading blows you will never understand period.

I never made it to nationals but when I was much younger I had state titles. 1984 Silver Gloves(147), 1985 USA/ABF(156), 1986 Golden Gloves and Junior Olympics(165). I found boxing really fun to do but boring to watch. MMA is way more fun to watch, they just need to get rid of most of the pussy ass rules.
I have been out of fighting for a long time. What is AAS? Trust me they will pay for the steroid use when they get older.
Hey guys, I was a Indiana and a Kentucky state Golden Gloves champ (201+), I was a protege of the late and great Greg Page from Louisville...I was active 1991-1997.
I got so many of those trophies and a bunch of 6 footers and 2 belts (was PKC heavyweight champ).
I earned a living for about 5 years as a prize fighter earning most of my cash through old school toughman competetions...Nothing like getting hammered for 500 bucks lol! Goodtimes
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

dconstrukt wrote:we ALL saw what happened when we took a boxer vs an MMA fighter... (coulture dominated him)

nuff said.
In all fairness, they didn't fight bare-knuckle or with no rules, so it doesn't really apply. They did it under UFC rules.

Couture himself said that he would've been a fool to accept to fight in a boxing match against a boxer...

And FWIW, I much prefer MMA myself.
sam

Post by sam »

weedhog wrote:
sam wrote:

Hey guys, I was a Indiana and a Kentucky state Golden Gloves champ (201+), I was a protege of the late and great Greg Page from Louisville...I was active 1991-1997.
I got so many of those trophies and a bunch of 6 footers and 2 belts (was PKC heavyweight champ).
I earned a living for about 5 years as a prize fighter earning most of my cash through old school toughman competetions...Nothing like getting hammered for 500 bucks lol! Goodtimes
Yes the old toughman contest were great. You would get to beat the hell out of a bunch of guys that did not have a clue how to fight in a ring and make a few hundred $ for a $10-$20 entry fee.
The little trophie pictured is the one I am most proud of. The SDSP stands for South Dakota State Penitentiary, they had a boxing team for a few years till one of them used the ring ropes to escape.LOL At 15 I beat the F*ck out of grown men that outweighted me buy 50-150 lbs. that had nothing better to do than train all day every day. It was great to fight inside the penitentiary walls because that crowd appreciated a good fight.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Okay Beside this Match of Tim Sylvia vs Mercer!!

Nobody in the Boxing world could stand up too a MMA fighter!! < MIx Martial ART = ALL SORTS OF SKILLS!<< INCLUDING BOXING!!

Look at this PURE TKO!! YOU WONT see this type of Knock out in boxing!!

Fedor Had one of the hardest punches in MMA !!

―nobody can out box Fedor just a lucky punch can knock him out and took 10 years of dominating the sport b4 that happened!! now name me someone in boxing that dominated for 10year whit out getting TKOED?? ;) Exemple that Boxing aint Near the lvl of MMA Kimbo the street fighter proved that Boxers in MMA SUCKS!!
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

fedor (in his prime) was awesome.

wonder why he was too scared to go to UFC and fight the best.

anderson silva?