Heyo Anderson Silva....

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

TwoCanucks

Heyo Anderson Silva....

Post by TwoCanucks »

Karmas a bitch bro...next time be a man not a moron...Chris Weidman was great!

Amsterdam dreaming.............
geekymonkey

Re: Heyo Anderson Silva....

Post by geekymonkey »

I'm excited that there is a new middleweight champ. Weidman totally got into Anderson's head by keeping that really controlled tight distance- I think it was that pressure that made Anderson resort to the clowning. You could see it towards the end of round 1.

That was a great card all around too. I hope now we'll get a GSP - Anderson superfight. Give Weidman Belfort next.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

geekymonkey wrote:I'm excited that there is a new middleweight champ. Weidman totally got into Anderson's head by keeping that really controlled tight distance- I think it was that pressure that made Anderson resort to the clowning. You could see it towards the end of round 1.

That was a great card all around too. I hope now we'll get a GSP - Anderson superfight. Give Weidman Belfort next.
So true a great card...Dana says rematch first before anything regardless of what Silva said post fight. dana also said you can forget about any superfights involving Silva-GSP-Jones...says that Silva was the key ans that opportunity has been lost, along with a lot of money for all three plus the rumored Jones Jr-Silva boxing match is dead.

Pretty sure a Silva-Weidman rematch will be much different and Silva the fav again.
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

I'm not sure a rematch will be different- Silva couldn't seem to stay outside on Weidman, seemed to not like what he felt in the clinch (so didn't throw any knees etc, just quickly disengaged) and is genuinely intimidated by Weidman's shot. But to me that "clowning" on Silvas part read as frustration rather than disrespect. Also, I don't think Silva has much desire to continue to hold the belt.

I don't understand why the superfights and the boxing match would be off- those fights weren't going to be for the belt anyway so are they really less interesting now that Silva doesn't have it? Because Dana's mad that he doesn't thin Silva tried hard enough?
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Silva's game is to try and get you off your game with the antics, and i agree with you, he did so much of it because of frustration...but make no mistake, Silva is the greatest MMA fighter in history. The rematch cant help but be different.

As fir the super fights, Weidman-Silva 2 is expected to be the 2nd biggest ppv in UFC history, behond only UFC 100, likely to be held Super Bowl weekend in 2014....so Dana is in no hurry for a superfight...too many good matchups and rematches now...not like a year or two ago when the three divisions seemed barren.
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

That's all true (including Anderson inevitably evolving a strategy for that tight distance that made him so uncomfortable.) I think he was expecting Weidman to fight a little further outside, expecting him to need more momentum for his shot. That first takedown (where Weidman basically shot from arms length) didn't seem like what Anderson had been preparing for.

Weidman's also the real deal though and I think he's one of the first fighters whose strength is a real problem for Anderson- I'm 50/50 on who takes the rematch.
markymark

Post by markymark »

I've watched the fight a couple of times since seeing it live and I am convinced that Silva could have finished it at point he wanted in the 2nd round. The speed advantage was massive imo. What I saw last Saturday night was a uninderested Silva who played around for too long. Props to Weidman, he went in and did the business. (And won me some money in the process).
Personally I didn't enjoy watching Anderson lose, even though you could argue that he deserved to what with his antics and all.
Fat Dro

Post by Fat Dro »

Royce Gracie was the best fighter in MMA history IMO. Fought multiple fights in one night when there was no weight class.

Silva the greatest fighter? Puh-leeze!
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

aaaahhhhh..... not really.

i love royce, he dominated for sure, but it was a different time.

fighters then had no skills compared to todays guys.

bjj was unknown.... ground game was foregin to everyone but them.

these days its a different story.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

I'm with you dcon, it's not about multiple fights in one night anymore...the sport has evolved....ita about the best man on one night in one fight.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

no disrespect to royce.... hes hall of fame and one of the best.... probably the best from his era for sure.

but again.... BJJ was UNKOWN to his opponents.

they had ZERO ground game.

that was HIS forte.

thats why he won.

Took them to the ground and submitted all of them.

These days its a totally different story.