F1 2014

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

Bifton

Re: F1 2014

Post by Bifton »

Lemming wrote:Chin up Bifton, wherever you are. There's always next year with Honda. Sad to see McLaren at such a low but maybe there are glimmers of hope there somewhere.

Roll on Monaco. My favourite too.
Dude we will be back you can count on it. We have probably already shipped one of the merc engines to Japan so they can have a real good look at it. Never wanted a German engine anyway, especially as they bombed pearl harbour.

yeah Monaco rocks, shit racing but great for thrills and spills. The drivers don't get a break on the straight like at other circuits and fingers crossed it will rain on race day :twisted: :mrgreen:

Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Well that was an interesting quali session. Who else is looking forward to the Hamilton Rosberg drag race up to the 1st corner? Still Rosberg did a better job of it than Schumacher did in 2006 :evil:
It was good to see vettle smiling again and a Mclaren in the top ten was a welcome surprise.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Another entertaining race. Rosberg's win keeps the championship nice and close although I have no doubt that Hamilton will beat him in most of the remaining races.

Shame Button couldn't get past Hulkenberg but a better result for McLaren anyway.

I still find it interesting that, if Mercedes' biggest advantage is their engine, how come teams with the other two engines appear to be second and third fastest ahead of the Mercedes customer teams? Does that mean that the Renault and Ferrari engines are not so bad after all, that the Mercedes chassis and/or integration of the engine is brilliant or that the engines supplied to customer teams are de-tuned in some way?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

In all fairness to Mercedes, the Force India has improved year on year, and the Williams is looking stronger than it has for several seasons now... Unfortunately, Mclaren have been doing the opposite in recent years and probably would be even further down the points table without the Mercedes power unit... It was more than likely the Mercedes engine that gave Mclaren the decent showing they had in the first race, but since then all others have improved their aerodynamics and Mclaren have continued their downward spiral despite Ron being in the driving seat.

Was an ok race i suppose... Thought Lewis was overreacting constantly throughout the weekend, and his "something in my eye" excuse is something familiar to me in my weekly Mario Kart competitions... I was starting to think he was bi-polar given his reactions in the past, but now i see he's just a sore loser; which is fine for an F1 driver, it makes them who they are, but come on... Silent treatment? Comments on (him and Nico)not being friends? ...Stop being a baby, suck it up and put your f-ing foot down... We know you can!
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

haha!! go home England your drunk and learn to pplay footy!!hahah
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

All Williams front row! Who saw that coming?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Kinda feel sorry for Massa after that awesome job in qualifying...

...Looking like Rosberg's sailing smoothly towards the title this year...

...I think that's a good thing!?!
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Gone bloody quiet in here... :?

The last couple of races were pretty good, me thinks... Hamiltons bad luck only seems to increase his value, imo... That last race was epic!

...So much going on; Hamilton/Rosberg, Bottas/Massa, Alonso still dragging that Fiat around as if he's peddling the thing, Raikkonen driving like a rookie, Ricciardo showing a certain 4 time champ that it might just have been Adrian Neweys input that made him so unbeatable, And Mclaren, well... Mclaren are there too.

Four week break now, so nothing to do but wait for Alonso to say something negative about Ferrari, and Vettel to say something with the word "shit" in it.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Place your bets on Lewis Hamilton - Murray Walker says Nico Rosberg will win the Championship! :lol:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Just waiting for Qualy... Practice 3 was a little damp so the times may be deceptive, but as is, the Williams and the Ferraris are looking strong this weekend...

Onto the twiglet--------------------> Bottas for the win!!
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

I'm so bloody annoyed.... :evil:

.....and yet, so f'ing excited!!! :twisted:

What the hell is going on?

If this shit continues, could we see Ricciardo take the title?

Personally, i believe Nico knows full well that a pissed off Hamilton is an unlucky Hamilton... If he has to be the bad guy, so be it.
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Good for Nico, this is getting to Hamilton, and he knows it, no more mr nice guy for Nico. He has been told if you want this championship you have to up your game and be more aggressive, stand up to Hamilton and see if he crumbles.

The next race will be really interesting to see the dynamics between the 2 of them.

The team managers at Mercedes may be right to let them race, but at the moment, the drivers seem to be dictating what they do. Would Ross Brawn of put up with this behaviour .......well I think not.

Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Drugsbunny wrote:Good for Nico, this is getting to Hamilton, and he knows it, no more mr nice guy for Nico. He has been told if you want this championship you have to up your game and be more aggressive, stand up to Hamilton and see if he crumbles.

The next race will be really interesting to see the dynamics between the 2 of them.

The team managers at Mercedes may be right to let them race, but at the moment, the drivers seem to be dictating what they do. Would Ross Brawn of put up with this behaviour .......well I think not.

Db

Totally agree... I'm thinking Hamilton might even quit F1 if this season get's any worse... You know he'll not be able to make peace with losing to Nico, even if Nico is probably one of the best drivers on the grid.

With Button's future in doubt, maybe a return to Mclaren is on the cards?
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

Indeed, Contract talks with Hamilton have been postponed until the end of the year. Mercedes is having to think very carefully how they handle this situation especially as Hamilton has stated he might quit the team and go elsewhere unless are sorted out to his satisfaction....... no doubt.

Button looks to be retiring at th end of this year unless another team picks him up, Mclaren seem to be after the young drivers that do not cost as much or anything if they are a pay driver, to fullfil there driver line up for the coming years.

Not sure where Hamilton could goo if he does leave Mercedes perhaps if Alonso goes to Mclaren
Hamilton could go to Ferrari or even Lotus

We have to wait to see how things pan out.

loving the season so far :)

Db
Herb!
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

This from http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/09/02/ ... o-reports/

"Amid reports that Honda and McLaren are making a major bid to secure the services of Fernando Alonso for 2015, it is believed veteran Jenson Button is the man most likely to make way for the Spaniard, but the Briton is not worried.

“I don’t believe in reports,” Spanish reports quote Button as saying during a promotional event with footballer Cristiano Ronaldo.

“I have great respect for Alonso,” he added when asked if he would mind being teammate to the double F1 world champion. “I’ve known him since karting and I really like how he works. He is very fast, complete and very strong mentally.”

Meanwhile Honda have revealed that they will be ready to test the new Honda power unit during the first test of 2015 at Jerez, as the Japanese marque returns to the Formula 1 track after a six-year absence in the form of McLaren’s new works engine supplier.

But it remains to be seen who will be at the wheel of the new Honda-powered McLaren, as the partnership are reportedly making an audacious $32 million per year bid to woo Fernando Alonso from his Ferrari contract, which may contain a performance exit clause that was triggered on 1 September. (GMM)"

Db
Herb!