That smell

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Fat_old_dwarf

That smell

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I like the smell of cannabis. Independent of the effect, good hash is pleasantly spicy; weed, the more pungent the better, smells of life itself.

I'd always assumed that people who complained about the smell were non-smokers, people who didn't like cannabis for whatever reason and allowed that to influence their judgement.

But more recently I've met smokers who say they don't really like it, which does my head in. (Obviously, I'm not talking about in situations where the fragrance is likely to attract unwanted attention. That's the only time I devoutly wish it had no odour.)

I thought that the name 'skunk' was a joke, but some people have said real skunks really do smell like that. That can't be true, can it?

So what do you all think?

Willjay

Re: That smell

Post by Willjay »

Hello fod and yes skunk does smell like skunk :) not up close like when your dog gets sprayed :lol: but more the sent of them :shock:

On the other hand I do enjoy the aroma of weed :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell

Is this the smell you're talking about? :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Not as such, but I was hoping someone would pick it up...
macky

Post by macky »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Wed 3rd Jan 2018 05:28 pm Not as such, but I was hoping someone would pick it up...
Will jay,s bang on ,at certain distance from spray it can smell like very good Ganga.
The weed grown twenty years back was more skunkey then today’s hybrids.
BC bud was always known for it,s skunk smell in the bag ,opened vac-pac in friends parents basement .
His mother came and asked us an hour later if we smelled skunk ,fuck we howled :D
Didn,t know your island did not have skunks? Heard something about snakes ,which is wierd since I find snakes live every where :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Apart from Ireland.

Skunks are exclusively North American, I think.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Wed 3rd Jan 2018 06:31 pm
Skunks are exclusively North American, I think.
Not Quite So, there's the Southern spotted skunk. The southern spotted skunk is native to Central America where its range includes Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Belize.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Willjay wrote: Wed 3rd Jan 2018 04:30 pm Hello fod and yes skunk does smell like skunk :) not up close like when your dog gets sprayed :lol: but more the sent of them :shock:

On the other hand I do enjoy the aroma of weed :mrgreen:
haha... my dog got sprayed by a skunk while i was at work. came home and the house just reeked of skunk. like it had sprayed itself all over the living room. there's the wife, sitting on the sofa, chonging a spliff. she doesn't know what a real skunk smells like. there are no skunks where she grew up. she smoked a lot of skunk strains though, but didnt know or didnt realize the dog got sprayed. was weeks before we got the smell out of the house. but a fun memory none the less.

on topic... there's nothing like the smell of a good strong coffee bean Kush stench to make the nostrils smile
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

This is what I don't understand. Bill Bryson said that getting sprayed by a skunk was the worst thing in the world that could happen to you that didn't physically hurt. So how can that smell be similar to something that makes one's nostrils smile? (Nicking that.)

I think I'd like the smell even if I didn't associate it with the effects, though it's impossible to be sure. Does anyone know non-smokers, presumably of the unjudgemental kind, who enjoy the aroma?
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 4th Jan 2018 05:47 am This is what I don't understand. Bill Bryson said that getting sprayed by a skunk was the worst thing in the world that could happen to you that didn't physically hurt. So how can that smell be similar to something that makes one's nostrils smile? (Nicking that.)

I think I'd like the smell even if I didn't associate it with the effects, though it's impossible to be sure. Does anyone know non-smokers, presumably of the unjudgemental kind, who enjoy the aroma?
:lol: I remember when skunk first started in this area decades ago if it wasn’t such a strong strain it would of not been so popular :mrgreen: and was hard to hide the aroma :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
macky

Post by macky »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Thu 4th Jan 2018 05:47 am This is what I don't understand. Bill Bryson said that getting sprayed by a skunk was the worst thing in the world that could happen to you that didn't physically hurt. So how can that smell be similar to something that makes one's nostrils smile? (Nicking that.)

No if you get sprayed directly ,it,s like tear gas your eyes water ,hard to breath need to bath in tomato juice to get smell off you or your dog.
Now let’s talk porcupines and dogs now thats when thing get tricky :D
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Actually, I meant non-smokers who enjoyed the smell of cannabis, not odiferous wildlife...