Summer Smoking Spots

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
private_press

Summer Smoking Spots

Post by private_press »

Summer is here! I'm wondering if anyone has any decent outdoor smoking spots to share?

I'm heading to A'dam soon, and hoping the weather is gonna be really good to me! However, apart from Vondelpark which can be pretty busy, I'm really lacking on nice smoking spots to set up camp and have a smokey picnic. If the weather is good, I really don't fancy being shut inside dingy coffeeshops and smoking rooms. I'm very wary of disturbing people, and wish to be as respectful as possible to others, so finding a secluded area away from Politie and kids. I'm wondering if anyone has any semi secluded and picturesque outdoor smoking spots to enjoy the sunshine? Especially ones relatively near to the centrum?

What's it like smoking canal side? Watching people buzz about on boats makes great stoned real life TV :D

Guessing Amsterdam Bos would be pretty lush to have a stroll and a biffterr, has anyone smoked here before? Is it secluded enough in the Summer?

FlyByNite

Re: Summer Smoking Spots

Post by FlyByNite »

The beach at Zandvoort is only a 20 minute train ride away.

Could even stop and visit Haarlem on the way to or from.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

When it's hot and sticky in town, I like to head over to Nord, grab a free ferry behind Central Station, bring your bike and explore. Plenty of great spots to lie around and relax plus Pllek, Norderlicht and De Ceuvel are all excellent for foods and drinks. 'njoy 😎

P.S. f**k you Jesscass.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

The Botanic gardens are a favourite of mine albeit you must pay to enter. Beatrix park is lovely and a quieter alternative to Vondel that I discovered on my most recent trip. Would like to get out to Zandvoort some time to check out Yanks.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

If you are ever in Leiden, there is a small park on the outskirts, but near the station, called the Heempark, which is my regular park, and well nice.
private_press

Post by private_press »

Thanks for the ideas guys! I like the idea of visiting Nord especially, who doesn't love a mini ferry trip :D Beatrix park is definitely on the list to check out too as that's not somewhere I've been to before. Cheers everyone!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great question! I have a few favorite spots:

1. Any canalside bench with the Westerkerk in view. Just enjoy watching the boats putter along. If you are lucky, you will encounter a cluster f%ck of paddle boats that jam up the canal with mass confusion and enjoyment.

2. Intersection of Groenburgwal and 's-Gravelandse Veer. Great collection of benches to watch boats travel down the Amstel.

3. Collection of benches at Oudezijds Achterburgwal just when you turn onto it from Grimburgwal.

4. Any bench along Brouwersgracht, Egelantiersgracht, Bloemgracht. I usually rent a houseboat or apartment in the Jordaan, and this area is a great little area for a peaceful respite.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

De Bos

a simple bike ride from the centrum. It is huge and has EVERYTHING! A great idea for a summer's day

http://www.amsterdamsebos.nl
GP_Smoker

Post by GP_Smoker »

The big park over by Katsu (sarphatipark) oude pijp is a great place to hang out. Lots of shops near by and plenty of room to spread out.
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

I don't want to disturb anyone either and find some cozy spots instead, thanks for the help! Just one question: As it is not officially allowed it probably can't be officially forbidden either... But how is it in practice in public? Do they rather want it to stay in the coffeeshops, or is it OK and accepted to smoke outside too?
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Smoking in the open is a bit of a feeling it out thing. Though if you're not properly patronizing a given business/establishment and you're in the center of Amsterdam, it will go down with out any repercussions.
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

I love going to the beach at Het Twiske. Lots of place to chill and smoke, it's quite a huge park that is like ~15 km north of Amsterdam.