Coffeeshop Betty Boop verplaatst naar Nieuw-West (Coffeeshop Betty Boop moved to New West)

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Thomasbandit

Coffeeshop Betty Boop verplaatst naar Nieuw-West (Coffeeshop Betty Boop moved to New West)

Post by Thomasbandit »

Google translated from: https://www.parool.nl/amsterdam/coffees ... ~a4601552/

The coffee shop was previously located at the Nieuwezijds Kolk in Centrum. In 2015, Betty Boop received a letter from the municipality to look for another location.

It is not surprising that the coffee shop is settled in New West. The municipality prefers to move a number of coffee shops to the districts North, Southeast and New West.

Street trade
With the choice for Betty Boop in New West, the municipality hopes to tackle street trade in this district. For example, the 'street drugs' are often unreliable and there are many minors among the customers of this illegal sale.

Betty Boop, like the other coffee shops, was not allowed to open in a residential area and must remain at a distance from schools. The coffee shop will be tested by the municipality for two years. In two years it will be decided whether the coffee shop can stay on this spot.

How it is with the plans for a real Cannabis Experience is unknown.
Apparently it's not opened yet, not sure when but quite excited for a new shop in nieuw west, particularly around Sloterdijk so not too far for me! :D Location on street view looks industrial + big so curious how it will be. New boerenjongens is opening in a similar area anytime too but that looks buy and fly.

Also here: http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/184402/coff ... -verhuizen

madmaxxx

Re: Coffeeshop Betty Boop verplaatst naar Nieuw-West (Coffeeshop Betty Boop moved to New West)

Post by madmaxxx »

at least i got a cs near the park and ride.
Nuggz

Re: Coffeeshop Betty Boop verplaatst naar Nieuw-West (Coffeeshop Betty Boop moved to New West)

Post by Nuggz »

madmaxxx wrote: Tue 31st Jul 2018 01:32 pm at least i got a cs near the park and ride.
This is actually Boerenjongens new 'flagship' coffeeshop. And one better it has a parking-lot for guests to use, and being as far out as it is shouldn't be too crowded for finding a spot!
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 31st Jul 2018 02:21 pm
This is actually Boerenjongens new 'flagship' coffeeshop. And one better it has a parking-lot for guests to use, and being as far out as it is shouldn't be too crowded for finding a spot!
So curious to know your thoughts on the ongoing consolidations! We have the Boerenjongens chain, the Barney chain, and pairs like the two (2) 420 Cafe's. What's going to happen to the un-affiliated, like La Tertulia, Mr. K's, etc. Also curious about the impact of municipal cannabis gardens. It's been five (5) years for me since the last visit and a gap that I hope to close in 2018.

Things sure are changing. Next thing I know you will be telling be me that Homegrown Fantasy, AnyDay, and Abraxas Too are gone!

Also curious as to what is happening with Betty Two. A friendly place I visited back in the day.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I think a big problem is that the coffeeshop owners don´t know what will happen... many shops had to close in the past... nobody knows what the government plans to do with the coffee shops in the next years (if they plan something :lol: ). If you are unlucky as a owner they will introduce a stupid new rule and booom you have to close your shop... so I could imagine that there are owners that sell their license to others to get some money before they got nothing... and the chains are mostly the buyer of the licenses.

The big players are still in the game and Boere for example is expanding like crazy in the last years not only in Amsterdam... I could imagine that there are much more owners who think of selling their license atm because they are afraid of the future... maybe Boere is trying to use the moment to get the #1 in cannabis trade or something like the biggest wholesale supplier of cannabis products in nl.

There are some coffeeshop chains in Amsterdam atm like:

Boerejongens
Prix d’Ami/el Guapo/Noon
Greenhouse
Barneys
Hugo
Kroon
Warda
Hunters
and more...

but Boere is for me the only chain that expand expand expand... if you only think how much weed/hash they need to supply their around 10 coffeeshops (or partners) :shock:

I am not a big fan of chains... I like diversity :D but there are also advantages... it would be so nice for example when Boere would open a shop in the south of Holland like Limburg... they would bring the quality standards with them and the other shops had to improve their wares :D
notsofasteddie wrote: Wed 1st Aug 2018 12:55 am Also curious as to what is happening with Betty Two. A friendly place I visited back in the day.
Betty two changed two years ago or so their menu... from this point they had a lot stuff from Amsterdam Genetics like AK-OG, Blue Amnesia on the menu and sold their seeds... but after a short time the Amsterdam Genetics stuff disappeared from the menu... I don´t know why maybe they stopped the collaboration :?: but now it seems like they still work together... I like Betty Two and it´s different than Boere... well they had/have their wares but the shop is not like a new Boere Shop or something.