Sim City

Things to play.

Moderator: Balou

toker31

Sim City

Post by toker31 »

If anyone else is playing they already know the launch has been filled with problems...
As of this morning seems to be running quite a bit smoother...

Would be nice to create a cannabis friendly community if anyone else is playing :mrgreen:

Rekots is my origin tag.

billyriz

Re: Sim City

Post by billyriz »

I'm going to wait until all issues or most at least get resolved, i understand about the always on DRM but they could have at least looked at past All ways online games mistakes and launched it right

Its a shame cause the game looks awesome, only downside would be the city limit size
toker31

Post by toker31 »

DRM is a fickled pig, honestly I am not really sure where I stand on it overall.

From my understanding the majority of the issues is with lack of servers. EA are clowns, like the rest of humanity, financially driven, I can only assume this is why the did not have more server space available at launch. Day 2 there was an apology letter saying they increased their server space 120% :shock:
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

Considering how big the game is you would of they would have a rough estimate of how many servers they would need especially with all the preorders they had

You have to keep your saves on there servers and can you imagine if you sat there for hours building your city and your internet cuts off and you didn't save all those hours off work? that puts me off cause no one's internet is perfect and will cut off at some point, im with virgin media in the UK and they regularly cuts off at some point in the day albeit only for a minute but that's all it takes and you city is lost like Atlantis
toker31

Post by toker31 »

billyriz wrote: You have to keep your saves on there servers and can you imagine if you sat there for hours building your city and your internet cuts off and you didn't save all those hours off work? that puts me off cause no one's internet is perfect and will cut off at some point, im with virgin media in the UK and they regularly cuts off at some point in the day albeit only for a minute but that's all it takes and you city is lost like Atlantis
I also had these fears, and have been disconnected DOZENS & DOZENS of times already, they are still having major issues. Thankful it is near up to the minute auto-saved so I have not once noticed any loss in what I had previously built/edited/etc...
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

I loved the older Sim City versions (2000 - SC4). Not gonna bother with the new one. I hate it when games require internet connection without actually being multiplayer. The map sizes are another no-go for me. Server problems... wtf :evil:
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

hopefully by the end of the month when i can get it everything will be sorted out :D
toker31

Post by toker31 »

Quazer wrote:I loved the older Sim City versions (2000 - SC4). Not gonna bother with the new one. I hate it when games require internet connection without actually being multiplayer. The map sizes are another no-go for me. Server problems... wtf :evil:
Hey Quazer. You actually have the choice of being multiplayer or private. So the choice is up to you, the constant internet connection is more for Digital Rights Media.

... & technically the map-sizes have increased in size and numbers. Now you choose "regions" depending on the region there is, so far, anywhere between 1 and 16 cities in a region. Also a "sandbox/God mode" where you create your own regions/minerals/terrain/etc...

http://www.ign.com had a pretty good review up for the game and also all the problems surrounding the release if you are interested.

Ok back to mom's basement with my red bull, pot pies, and doodie pan....
jennifergreen

Post by jennifergreen »

How many time I've spent playing this game! It's awesome, but I have to remove this one from my PC :D
JakeDunne

Post by JakeDunne »

Quazer wrote: Sun 10th Mar 2013 08:46 pm I loved the older Sim City versions (2000 - SC4). Not gonna bother with that new one. I hate it when games require internet connection without actually being multiplayer. The map sizes are another no-go for me. Server problems... wtf :evil:
That's why I'm not playing it anymore.
Jones

Post by Jones »

I like it))