Bob Holness.

Moderators: Balou, cattales1960

artymac

Bob Holness.

Post by artymac »

Looks like "God" needed a 'B' "Bob" :shock: :roll: :( :( .... "Bob Holness" has died at the age of 83. The man who fronted the much loved (me encluded!!) "Blockbusters" at teatime, five night a week, giving me something to look forward to each day after school :? :? :lol: :lol:
Loads of kids my age from all sorts of backgrounds up against each other, great format and DECENT PRIZES!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .....no pencil cases or a book, serious holidays in places you'd want to go to!!!
Girl from the school I went to won the fifth "Gold Run" and got a fantastic long holiday to the US.
.....not sure if she got to utter the immortal "I need a 'P' "Bob"!" or the, "I want U "Bob"!", that would frequently have the audience, mostly kids of 16-18 with their teachers hooting with laughter, whilst Kindly headmaster "Bob" tried to keep it all under control.
Those of a younger disposition, or possibly from some exotic place around the world might ask why a man who only fronted a kids gameshow is due a mention as a dear departed?!?!
This is "Bob Holness" we're talking about! The man who made the saxophone sing all along "Baker Street", by the wonderful "Gerry Rafferty", played lead guitar on "Layla" and put "Elvis" off during "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The legend lives on!!!..........

Boner

Re: Bob Holness.

Post by Boner »

I'll have an RIP please Bob.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
artymac

Post by artymac »

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tdw121270

Post by tdw121270 »

I thought he died years ago. I'll have a J please bob.
Next trip 1st August 2015. 2 weeks camping/putting my feet up.
Strawberries

Post by Strawberries »

Can I have a P please Bob (old joke from the show)