Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...

Moderators: Balou, cattales1960

geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Yes I too would like to see evidence of this. Credible doesn't have to be main stream media, just credible.

I've enjoyed the Harry Potter series, and my 8 yr old stepson has seen them all. I'm more of a Lord of The Rings fan myself, but I think the violence is a little too much for kids.

In fact I've played a very basic version of D & D with my wife and stepson. I find it a great family game. Much better than sitting around watching the tube.

skars

Post by skars »

Great to hear Geoffk, there seem to be more and more great games coming out to play with your family.
STR 14
DEX 12
CON 15
INT 8
WIS 10
CHA 9
Alaskan Biker

Post by Alaskan Biker »

OK for the ones on here who still can not read ENGLISH I have provided the following quote from my previous post suggesting that you get the evidence from either your local law enforcement the victim or a witness to the event that was to much in fear for their own life to do anything but go along ...... I never said to just take my word for it and I think straight from the source is the very best evidence do you actually think most of these people want to get up on a stage it is hard enough for them to speak in private.
Alaskan Biker wrote:
If you all have lived such sheltered lives that you really have no idea what I am talking about I suggest you just start looking around your own communities and if you do not know what to look for to find the right people to ask then I suggest your next step be to talk with some of your local law enforcement the larger communities especially and you will find a long list of victims and crimes to choose from and then find some of them and if you can get them to talk with you and hear the truth from their own mouths then after that then see if you can continue to call it all harmless fun but I guess no one really cares to take the time to learn about any of this until it tragically touches their life in some way and it may be someone you care for.

As for me calling him My God he is My God because of the personal relationship I have with him that anyone who believes in him can have.
So for the little miss trouble maker who is so filled with hate I am sure you will have a new reply to this statement or should I more accurately say a new lie.
******* World Wide Legal *******
skars

Post by skars »

I can read English, and what I am reading from you is a myriad insults, assumptions, urban legends, anecdotal BS, and conspiracy theory. You won't accept any reference from health agencies in the USA and Canada yet somehow law enforcement (the ones with the guns) are credible. You won't point us to any reference from said law enforcement agencies and urge us to go find something that doesn't really exist it in our communities. That is where the assumptions start rolling in on how much of an impact we have had on our own communities as if somehow you claiming that you have done a damn thing is proof of your own merit and somehow supports whatever anecdotal argument you are trying to make. Not only did that have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion (or thread for that matter), you jump to conclusions yet again and push some mystery scholar (likely from Bob Jones University :roll:) that supposedly proofread your post. Well, apparently they were not monitoring the content of your post and just the punctuation and grammar as none of your statements are sound. You can take whatever leap of faith and believe whatever wild supernatural fantasy you want, but don't troll through threads looking to proselytize and spew libelous claims about my fantasy media and games. Thanks for trolling, please drive through.
STR 14
DEX 12
CON 15
INT 8
WIS 10
CHA 9
bluelaru

Post by bluelaru »

Once again......very well put

No need for me to reply
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Saw the movie last nite. I liked it. It's nice the author has developed the character so well. I think I'll have to watch them all together for conceptual continuity.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

ImageImageImage
rockin into the night
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

rockin into the night
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

axeman9

Post by axeman9 »

Alaskan Biker wrote
I actually did not intend to reply to this anymore but I am just so amazed that I have not read one single reply to my post that has anything to do with what I said it is obvious that each one of you from your own words imagined something completely different than what I wrote in plain English I even had my post checked by one person with a long list degrees just to make sure I am not imagining how so many could so misread something so clearly worded.
That is possibly the longest sentence i have ever read in my life :D What happened to the commas?

Anyway back on track. Ive not seen it but i will say that i saw the "Philosiphers Stone" last week for the first time, Not my style of film at all, and a bit long. But i found it to be quite enjoyable and entertaining i must admit. :arrow: 8)
Flash Gordon approaching........
axeman9

Post by axeman9 »

About the above statement. /\/\ - No it isnt :!: , theres this one .......

Alaskan Biker wrote
If you all have lived such sheltered lives that you really have no idea what I am talking about I suggest you just start looking around your own communities and if you do not know what to look for to find the right people to ask then I suggest your next step be to talk with some of your local law enforcement the larger communities especially and you will find a long list of victims and crimes to choose from and then find some of them and if you can get them to talk with you and hear the truth from their own mouths then after that then see if you can continue to call it all harmless fun but I guess no one really cares to take the time to learn about any of this until it tragically touches their life in some way and it may be someone you care for.
Proofread by someone who has degrees eh? shame he doesnt do punctuation or grammar :oops: you having a laugh? :lol:
Flash Gordon approaching........
user54321

Post by user54321 »

This thread is an asbolute stoater :lol:

cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

WOW.. Go away for a few days and Wham, the bible comes out and starts sprewing. AB, first of all, I am so disappointed in you. No I dont hate you, I dont hate anyone. This post ask for fans of the movies and books to post, not bible thumping about it. I have heard the rumors you are suggesting in the name of GOD. My God must meet yourGod one day. My God tells me to live a good life. He doesnt tell me what to watch and read. I am not a bible thumper so I wont go on about this part of all these posts. I do however have some comments to say since this was my thread.

Its not the books Of JK Rowling that cause people to violent things, its society. I was turned onto these books by my friends kids when they were under14. They told me they are awesome books so I said, "I thought they were books for kids". She responded " they are but mom likes them and they are so cool." Oh did I mentioned this girl just graduated from a prestiges college with honors in graphic design.

I do want to point out that even though the movies are totally fictious, they do deal with the battle of good Vs evil. So in a way, they do teach out children that Bad things are never good.

I do appreciate all the people who came to the aid of Harry Potter. The books are wonderful and the movies are fun.. They do encourage kids to read. They in no way PROMOTE evil. They FIGHT it.

Also, I see you getting upset AB because not alot of people are not backing you up on this. Dont start on about the pot and getting stoned. After all, you are on a site about amsterdam and getting stoned. Oh by the way did I mention alot of people I know do get high and hold very good jobs and alot of them go to church. SO DONT ever use the stoned thing when your getting upset about someones difference of opinion then yours. I do not like the holier then thou attitude when people who live in glass houses throw stones.

I know this is out of context for me people, and I apologize. I just wanted to post with other fans of the Harry Potter movies and books. Peace and I will probably go out to see the movies this week. Let the crowds die down a bit.
I need a miracle everyday
user54321

Post by user54321 »

cattales1960 wrote:Let the crowds die down a bit.
It's always best to do that.

I remember when the 1st LOTR film came out, I was with my girl in London on New Year's Day, we thought we would go see it then (it came out in December 2001 if I recall rightly), Odeon West End had about 20 different queues leading out the door and into the square, yet they had dedicated 20 different screens to showing the one film :shock: :x

Yep, it's best to avoid crowds... I normally never go see a movie in it's 1st month, let alone 1st week :lol:

PS. We never got to see LOTR that day hahahaha, instead I found an Irish pub and got chatting to a couple of Glaswegians and one Irish lad - at that point I decided I had been away from home too long and I absolutely had to move back to Glasgow, best decision ever - one I might not have made had I spent 3 hours with numb asscheeks watching LOTR :lol:
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Neldo wrote:
cattales1960 wrote:Let the crowds die down a bit.
It's always best to do that.

I remember when the 1st LOTR film came out, I was with my girl in London on New Year's Day, we thought we would go see it then (it came out in December 2001 if I recall rightly), Odeon West End had about 20 different queues leading out the door and into the square, yet they had dedicated 20 different screens to showing the one film :shock: :x

Yep, it's best to avoid crowds... I normally never go see a movie in it's 1st month, let alone 1st week :lol:

PS. We never got to see LOTR that day hahahaha, instead I found an Irish pub and got chatting to a couple of Glaswegians and one Irish lad - at that point I decided I had been away from home too long and I absolutely had to move back to Glasgow, best decision ever - one I might not have made had I spent 3 hours with numb asscheeks watching LOTR :lol:
But now that they are out on DVD you have seen them I hope. LOTRs are great movies and books. I recommend them to all.
I need a miracle everyday