A couple of new words

Dutch language.
claudandus

Post by claudandus »

Firefly315 wrote:Hoi Claud,

Dank je wel*bedankt voor jouw correcties. Ze me altijds hulp. *ze helpen mij altijd
Thank you for your corrections. They always help me.

Ik weet niet waarom dacht ik dat moet ik “vertellen te doen” bij de eind*bij het einde van deze zin te zetten.

I don’t know why I thought that I must put “vertellen te doen” at the end of this sentence.

“Bij een tijd, dacht ik dat het was niet in nederlands *de samen weg*hetzelfde dat het is in engels vertellen te doen.”

Is deze versie van de zin beter? *jawel het gaat steeds beter :) gemarkeerd

Is this version of the sentence better? *yes it's improving all the way :)
Bij een tijd, dacht ik dat het was niet in nederlands de samen weg dat het is in engels.
At one time, I thought that it was not the same way in Dutch that it is in English.

Ook, zijn de worden in dit zin in de posities goed? *
Also, are the words in these sentences in good positions? *keeps getting better

"*i have a hard time reading this"

Mij ook. Ik weet dat het was moeilijk want ik juiste keek bij het nog. Oops sorry.
I know that it was difficult because I just looked at it again.

P.S. Ik zoek een joinje.
Ik vond een joinje
Ik wond een joinje twisted?
Ik rookte een joinje.
:lol:

greetz,
Cathleen
i i've made some improvements for you :)

and i will be glad to keep on helping you

groetjes van claud

P.S. wie dit kan lezen is slim :wink:

Owner of Karina IRC-Bot and #Coffeeshop@P2P-NET
Firefly315

bedankt en ook een beetje ding dat vandaag schrijf ik :)

Post by Firefly315 »

Hoi Claud,

Bedankt voor jouw correcties. Ze zijn leuk!
Thanks for your corrections. They’re nice. (literally, but I think it can mean really cool, or something like that?)
Ik heb deze maand effe (ff) meer in nederlands geschrijvend.
I have been writing in Dutch even more this month.

Hier is een iets dat heb ik vandaag over het restaurant en een hotel geschrijvend.
Here is something that I have written today about a restaurant and a hotel.

This is loosly based on my experience in Harlaam and Amsterdam. I had lunch with a friend in Harlaam, and then we went shopping.

Het is tijd voor mij te wakker maken. Ik wilt het ontbijt. Wat zal hebben ik? Ik hou van cereal, of wil ik brood met jam? Ik bell voor room service maar wil ik in bed nog zijn wanneer eet ik want het is mijn vakantie. Ook, heb ik oranje sap want het is zo goed! Ik voor heet koffie met room en suiker vragen. Na ontblijt, koop ik een fles water en loop in de stad voor drie uurs. Ik zie een vriend zo wij praten, en nu het is tijd voor lunch. Wij eten bij een cafe. Ik vraag eerste de ober voor een voorgerechtje en dan voor een sandwich met ham en een glas water. Zij vraag de ober voor een sandwich met steak een glas water ook. Wij samendrinken een beetje fles rode wijn, en de andere wijn dat nacht gedronkken. Na wij hebben onze eten af, wij geven de ober een fooi, na hij onze de rekening gebringen. Wij denken dat zou wij graag kopen iets waar je iets te kopen. Ik zie een kliene radio blauw, en zij ziet een radio zwart. Wij hun met onze creditcards kopen. Wij zitten na dat in de hotel en hun luisteren. Ik uit voor een minute in de hotel te gaan, en vind dat heb ik mijn sleutel in de enkele kamer te afsluiten. Het is nu verliest. Ik moet een mensen bij de dingen waar je moet maakt een reservering te maken te vragen om zij kan mij te helpen. Zie doet, en mijn week is goed.

It is time for me to wake up. I want breakfast. Wat will I have? I like cereal or do I want bread and jam? I call voor room service (even though we stayed in a hostel in Amsterdam) but will I be in bed still when I eat because it is my vacation? Also, I have orange juice because it is so good! I ask for hot coffee with cream and sugar. After breakfast, I buy a bottle of water (Spa water with Monkeys on the bottle --- I saved the bottle because it was still half full when I got on the plane in Amsterdam.) and walk in the city for three hours. I see a friend, so we talk, and now, it is lunch time (time for lunch.) We eat at a cafe. First, I ask the waiter for an appetizer, and then for a ham sandwich and a glass of water also/too. Together we drink a bottle of red wine, and the rest of the wine we drink that night. After we have finished eating, we give (or did I write we gave?) the water a tip, after he brought us the bill. We think that we would like to buy something where you can buy stuff (What’s the word for store?) I see a little blue radio and she sees a little black radio. We buy them with our credit cards. After, we sit in the hotel and listen to them. I go out for a minute in the hotel and find that I have lost (not lose) my key in the single room. (I really thought that I lost my key at one of the hostels, and found it at the 2nd one that we stayed at, but I had already paid 5 euros because I lost it, but we were not near it anymore.) I must ask the person (What is the singular of mensen?) at the thing where you must make a reservation (the hotel desk/) if she can help me. She does, and (the rest of ) my week is good.

P.s. wie dit kan lezen is slim
he he

groetjes,
Cathleen
CityLiver

Post by CityLiver »

"Give me back my bicycle."
-- do the Dutch still say this to Germans?

"Give me back my bicycle," the orange-clad Dutch fans sang in the stadium at Hamburg, an unanswerable riposte to the Nazi habit of requisitioning Dutch bikes.
Are we having beer yet?
-- Zoopy, Zippy's drunk brother
Firefly315

mijn post

Post by Firefly315 »

Hoi Claud,

Ik weet dat mijn laaste post was een beetje langer dan mijn anderes.
I know that my last post was a little longer than my others.

Zo, als het was weg langer dan heb je het tijd voor, juiste zeg mij alsjebleift in wat groot wegen problemen ik hadden. (I think this sentence is messed up.)
So, if it was way longer than you have time for, just tell me in what big ways I had problems please.

Dat zou zijn ook ok, maar als heb je het tijd zou je mij de locatie van elke ding dat was niet in goede nederlands te zeggen. :)
That would also be ok, but if you have time, would you tell the location of each thing that was not said in good Dutch. :)

Ik was veel blij de dag dat schreef ik dat post want ik had juiste een groote lijst van de nederlandse worden te leren. :D
I was very happy the day that I wrote that post because I had just learned a big list of Dutch words. :D

groetjes,
Cathleen
claudandus

Re: mijn post

Post by claudandus »

Firefly315 wrote:Hoi Claud,

Ik weet dat mijn laaste post was een beetje langer dan mijn anderes.
I know that my last post was a little longer than my others.

Dus, als het veel langer was dan je er het tijd voor hebt zeg mij alsjeblieft in grote lijnen welke problemen ik heb. (I think this sentence is messed up.)*ive corrected this sentence a little so its easyer to read :)
So, if it was way longer than you have time for, just tell me in what big ways I had problems please.

Dat zou ook goed zijn , maar als je tijd hebt zou je mij de locatie van elk ding dat dat niet goed staat in goed nederlands te zeggen. :) *i'm trying it
That would also be ok, but if you have time, would you tell the location of each thing that was not said in good Dutch. :)*i'm trying to find some help for you online because it's a little hard to explain :s

Ik was zeer blij op de dag dat ik die post schreef want ik had zojuist een grote lijst nederlandse woordjes geleerd. :D
I was very happy the day that I wrote that post because I had just learned a big list of Dutch words. :D

groetjes,
Cathleen
hi cathleen as you can see i've edited the sentences a little bit :)

hoi cathleen zoals je kan zien heb ik de zinnen een klein beetje aangepast :)

ik hoop dat je het nog steeds kan lezen :)

i hope that you can still read it :)
Owner of Karina IRC-Bot and #Coffeeshop@P2P-NET
Firefly315

mijn laaste bericht

Post by Firefly315 »

Hoi Claud,
Dank je wel. Ik begreep jouw correcties. Ik denk dat de online explanaties of jouw explanaties, of allbei over de zinnen in mijn laaste bericht geode zullen zijn.
groetjes,
Cathleen

Hi Claud,
Thanks a lot. I understood your corrections. I think that the online explanations or your explanations, or both about the sentences in my last post will be good.
Cathleen
Firefly315

iets dat heb ik geschreven

Post by Firefly315 »

Hoi Claud,
Hoe gaat het met jou? Ik heb iets nieuw in nederlands geschreven:

27-4-06 --- Ik heb iets gezellig zeggen. Ik heb vandaag nederlandse pronunciatie beter geleerd. Ik schrijf nu twee verslagen voor mijn klassen omdat de schooljaar bijna af is. Wanneer had ik een beetje break, las ik nederlands. Ik zei "Ik heb," en wanneer zei ik dat, de woorden hadden een weg meer nederlands pronunciatie. Het was dat snel. Het was vandaag zo goed dat doen. Ik ben zo blij! :lol:

I have something really great/cool/(I know there isn’t an exact translation for gezellig.) Today, I have learned (gotten is what I really wanted to say) better Dutch pronunciation. I am writing two papers now for my classes because the school year is almost done. When I had little break, I read Dutch. I said, “I have,” and when I said that, the words had a way more Dutch pronunciation. It was that fast. It was so good to do today. I am so happy. :lol:

10-5-06 --- Ik heb een jaar van graduate school eindigen. Ik ben blij, maar moet ik zes meer klassen hebben. [Wat is de woord voor “to take” (een klass) in nederlands?]
Ik ben nu een beetje slaprig. Ik moet slapen omdat ik in twee dagen nog niet heb gehad. Ik wacht voor mijn “grades” (Hoe zeg je “grades” in nederlands?). Ze op de school website vandaag zal zijn, denk ik.

I have on year of graduate school to finish. I am happy, but I must have [What is the word for “to take (a class”) in Dutch?] Now, I am a little bit tired. I must sleep because I have not had any sleep yet in two days. I am waiting for my grades. (How do you say grades in Dutch?) They will be on the website today, I think.

12-5-06 --- Ik ben nu op zomer vakantie. Ik ben blij omdat ik heel veel werk voor graduate school had gehad. Een paar weken voordien nu, (Hoe zeg je “ago” in nederlands?) leert ik hoe beter nederlandse te spreken. Mijn pronunciatie is meer de weg dat nederlands woorden zijn. Voor bijna viertien manden, heb ik nederlands leren. Het is niet zo moeilijk leren en schrijven. 8)

I am on summer vacation now. I am happy because I had had too much work for graduate school. A few weeks before now, (How do you say “ago” in Dutch?) I learned how to speak better Dutch. My pronunciation is more the way that Dutch words are. For almost fourteen months, I have been learning Dutch. It is not so difficult to read and write. 8)

Groetjes,
Cathleen
Janne

Post by Janne »

Cathleen and Claud; dank je wel! Haven't read everything you've posted on this thread yet, but I will when time allows it. Good luck on your dutch, Cathleen, seems to me like it's coming along very well :)
"I'd like to stop thinking of the present like some minor insignificant preamble to something else"
gapie

Re: A couple of new words

Post by gapie »

some funny words but food
example

Joden koeken - Jew Cooks

or

Neger Zoenen - Nigger Kisses
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

"Eikel" means acorn but also means dick head. Use it on the police. Hoi eikel, jou ben en klotzak. Hi dickhead you are a scrotum sack.
MecHaZoiD

Post by MecHaZoiD »

My 3 most used dutch words when playing bf3 on xbox against my dutch friends.

godverdomme
jongen
kanker
9th Trip To Amsterdam 18th April -20th April 2015.
medal

Post by medal »

milehigh wrote:"Eikel" means acorn but also means dick head. Use it on the police. Hoi eikel, jou ben en klotzak. Hi dickhead you are a scrotum sack.
Hoi eikel, jij bent een klotzak.

jou means it belongs to someone, is this your back? is dit jou tas.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke