Coffeeshop Kruidentuin, Nijmegen

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate kruidentuin

I like kruidentuin
100%
I don't like kruidentuin
No votes

Total votes: 2

kingbee

Coffeeshop Kruidentuin, Nijmegen

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesscass

Re: Coffeeshop Kruidentuin, Nijmegen

Post by Jesscass »

Cheers for the review, Kingbee! Good timing as on average they're closed during Ramadan.

Personally I won't post here as every reporting would be the same like 'I went to the mighty K and got some good shit' ad infinitum. Anyway, this is my only review then until something essentially changes there.
Have been numerous times and they also never let me down. Always wondering myself what makes this place so unique(personal top 5 here)and came to the conclusion it's their marvelous selection of moroccan hashish(didn't see that coming, right?). If you're into that you'll find something. Tried almost everything from their menu and can confirm it's reasonably priced, even their Twisla(7€/g).
Cheaper ones on the menu are Huismerk and Top Polm, maybe another one; prices start from 5€/g, haven't tried yet.
Can't understand they also carry one border Afghan(5€/g)though, never tried it but must at least be a good example; if this is possible with that crappy gear(to me it's soapbar from Afghanistan) :lol: .

Also like the Paki(8€/g)and Manali(8€/g)myself which are on since about ten years while their menu is changing rarely, if at all. During this time only Caramel(now 10€/g)and Chocolate(now 9€/g)switched in prices after renovations(which I just find okish but I see why they've done this). Noga was 15€/g some years back but then quality was also better, so no bullshit and you most probably get what you pay for.
Because of refurbishing prices for their beverages went up though, which I don't appreciate especially their moroccan style mint tea is now 2,5€. Also their ok enough weed by 1€(some months back if memory serves me right) but don't care about that one as long as they don't touch the prices for hashish. Grass is from 8 to 11€/g now, same strains since a decade: Santa Maria, Shiva, Turbo K and Haze.
By the way even though get recognised myself there moroccan family tends to be not that talkative but is very professional, honest and never rip you off which I appreciate a lot. They're very proud of their wares! Also weigh generously if you're a regular. Atmosphere is okay but prefer hanging at Kronkel(zeer gezellig).

However, if you're looking for all those high grade moroccans with foreign genetics coming up since about six to seven years massively you're at the wrong place there then(even though with Manali and Paki grown in Morocco they have some on, even before the hype). Talking about such stuff like the best from say Original Dampkring, Tweede Kamer or De Graal in Amsterdam being even more special. Also major difference is you can get all of the gear in say Amsterdam but you have to go to a couple of coffeeshops and perphaps pay about one to two euros more while Kruidentuin has a wide selection.
Best for moroccan hashish in Geldernland and one of the best throughout the Netherlands, for sure! Other moroccan joints in town like Labda Labda, Ketama and Headshop you'll find the usual classic moroccans for 9€ maximum and in some cases perhaps even better priced but the gear here is special in its own way. Depends on what you're looking for of course. Needless to say would be my local if I'd live there. By the way they're aware of this fine site here I noticed(Greetings! :lol: )

@Kingbee

Funny you're into the Noga as you will find a lot of people prefering their Caramel. Same with me. I'd lick my lips if I could get Noga at home though and even buy it often myself too but the effect of the Caramel is more to my taste while Noga is typically more of a subtile, clear high with those type of moroccans. Of course it's high quality! By the way there is no gear, weed- or hashwise, not making you tired at some point as has to do with thing in itsself(and no, I don't want to start a discussion about where to find better gear than here or elsewhere as all informations can be found on here. So boring!)Each to their own! Enjoy!

That's it!
Xplore

Post by Xplore »

I live near Nijmegen and this is my hash-shop for many years.

I have to admit I don't like their paki and manali. Just not my cup of tea. So I don't buy those strains anymore. The Chocolat, Caramel and Noga are always great to me. Always. I never have to check the products out, I know what I am going to get. Thats a great thing in times where batches might change now and then. They are very consistent. Like many locals, I mainly buy the Caramello. Great allround hash. When I like a little bit more indica, I get the Chocolat, when I prefer a little bit more sativa, I go for the Noga. Friendly tenders, what you see is what you get, prices are fair. If you like moroccan hash and passing Nijmegen, this is a great place to check out.
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

Manali was very soft and creamy in september 2016.
Nice stoned and smooth smoke.

Would buy this again.

Tried the Paki also.
Did not like it - was a very hard lump - not impressed effects wise - no high no stoned feeling..
Herrring

Post by Herrring »

Have been here for the first time, bt was not very friendly, bought noga and caramel, both very nice hash, if im town ill be back.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

First visit here after months:

Caramel (10€/g) - Nearly same batch as the last batch I got. Oily creamy stuff. Awesome that consistent quality! :D

Nouga (12,50€/g) - Looks pretty similar to the last batch I got months before but it´s oilier and for me tastier than before. Also the high is pretty long lasting to me. In the past I prefered the Caramel a little bit but more this time the Nouga is exactly to my taste.
Xplore

Post by Xplore »

I agree on the new Nouga batch. Oilier and tastier than the last time i bought it. No knive needed to take off a piece and put it in the bag, the way the the Caramel always is. Budtender was also very generous with the amount served, but I might be a more regular customer. If you love moroccan hash, don't hesitate and visit this place if you are somewhere around the Nijmegen area. The only shop I can compare hashwise in this part of the country is THC in Arnhem, but to me Kruidentuin is more consistent and the quality of the tophashes is better.
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

Our first stop when you arrive in the Netherlands for a few years. We have tried several batches of Noga, top quality morocco from mexican sativa plants, some times exceptional and sometimes just discreet. Saturday I'm sorry but it was just ok, very much better in June. Price 12.5 € / g :roll: :mrgreen:
Marok21

Re: Kruidentuin (Nijmegen)

Post by Marok21 »

Nouga (12,50€/g) - Pretty fresh and soft blonde hash only light pressed that smells quite strong with a natural blonde hash smell yammi :mrgreen: I am not sure but possibly still made from mexican genetics like TransApenninesCouple wrote. Because it gave me mostly of a sativa high with only a bit effect on the body (but there was a noticeable effect on the body). The hash bubbles strong when touched by the flame and the taste is also to my liking.
Overall I was happy to get some soft smelly blonde hash like that :D especially with the problems on the hash market atm. I liked to smoke that as my first smoke of the day :D with it´s more uplifting effect.

I also tried their Caramel and Chocolat hash but sadly I could´t remember anymore which was which :? :lol: One of them was more dark and more crumbly and the other one was more blonde and softer.

Darker Moroccan (10€/g) - A bit harder darker crumbly hash that gets softer with handwarmth. Possibly made with foreign genetics like Pakistan/Indian or a mix because the something in the smell/taste reminds me of that kind of hashes. The hash bubbles nicely when touched by the flame and is pretty tasty stuff and I like that foreign hash flavour :mrgreen: Smooth relaxing effect while it seems to me to be the "weakest" hash of the three to me but I damn like that taste yammmi :mrgreen: and it was strong enough :D

Blonde Moroccan (10€/g) - Blonde classic import hash. It´s soft but not as soft as the Nouga but you only need a little bit of handwarmth to get it very flexible. It has a nice natural classic hash smell while the smell isn´t overly strong but very pleasent to my nose :D It bubbles good when touched by the flame and gave me a nice mostly indica effect. Again nice moroccan hash natural quality :D

They also had some high priced hash on the menu called Beldia (16€/g) like you see at many coffeeshops at the moment... I asked the budtender to see it and it looked not really special to me... I decide to try "Coffeeshop Headshops" moroccan hash for 15€/g instead because I saw a video of it on their instagram account and that looked more interesting to me than the Beldia from Kruidentuin.

Overall Coffeeshop Kruidentuin did not disappoint :D All pretty natural stuff with a pleasent smell/taste... the Nouga was a kind of hash I didn´t saw since longer time and was happy to smoke that :mrgreen:
Marok21

Re: Kruidentuin (Nijmegen)

Post by Marok21 »

Manali hash (around 9€/g) - I asked the budtender for some nice oily hash and he suggested me the Manali. Very soft oily dark nearly black hash. I asked them once in the past where their Manali came from and they told me that its made in morocco so not handrubbed hash... I think that's true because the effect is much stronger to me than from most "real" black hashes :lol: The smell of the Manali isn´t easy to describe for me but pretty natural and a bit sweet. The hash bubbles nice when touched by the flame and no black smoke or any sign of contamination. Very smooth to smoke and it gave me a very relaxed stoned effect :mrgreen:

Overall really good dark oily hash. At first I thought the effect will be more on the sativa side but it was surprisingly the complete different effect on me and stronger than I thought :lol: Well it isn´t ultra strong but with around 9€/g (sorry I cant remember :roll: ) it´s very well priced and gave me a good effect :mrgreen: I also got the Nouga (12,50€/g) again which is still good :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Nothing changed here. While they didn´t close on Ramadan anymore and luckily that Corona restrictions are gone :D So you can sit and have a smoke again like it should be for a coffeeshop in my opinion :mrgreen:

Beldia hash (13€/g) - The budtender was proud of this hash and indeed it looked much more to my liking than a year ago when they sold "Beldia" for 16€/g. Very creamy blonde moroccan hash looked damn nice yammiii :mrgreen: it need a little bit of handwarmth to get it soft. It had a pretty high oil content and bubbles strong when touched by the flame. Also the very pleasant smell was very natural and strong oldschool moroccan style. Good effect as well :mrgreen: stronger than other high priced hashes that called "Beldia", "Tidghine"... that I tried over the last months but still more of a relaxing happy high/stoned.

Overall high quality moroccan goodness :mrgreen:

Caramel hash (10€/g) - Pretty creamy soft blonde piece of hash. It also has a pretty high oil content and bubbles strong when touched by the flame. It had a nice natural smell of the used genetics while it seems to me more like foreign genetics like kush or something like that. Good strong more stony effect to me.

Overall good quality newschool hash. Stronger than most other newschool hashes that I tried in the border area and with 10€ good priced I liked it 8)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Beldia hash (13,50€/g) - Different batch than last time but still quality traditional moroccan hash :mrgreen: Blonde coloured hash which needs a bit of handwarmth to get soft. Good oil content which let it gets much darker and creamier after a short time. Tasty smoke with a smooth relaxing high to me.

Dry Shift hash (12€/g) - Pretty dark nearly black sticky hash while it´s still easy to get it out of the baggy and there are almost no leftovers stuck to the baggy. The shiny surface of the hash has a beautiful color and looks very tempting :D
Sadly it didn´t taste so nice as it looks... well it wasn´t bad but taste lacked a bit and effects were strong enough but nothing special to me and I expected a bit more.
A year back or so I had a pretty similar hash from Coffeeshop De Muze in Tilburg which was also called Dry Shift and had the same price. Also Coffeeshop Willi Wortel in Haarlem has it on the menu and from pics it looks pretty similar, too.