The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Nuggz

Re: Coffeeshop The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by Nuggz »

WLow wrote: Thu 24th May 2018 08:20 pm DNL buying 35€ gram bud is impressive too :mrgreen:
Hey what's that supposed to mean, huh?! 😂😒👿

WLow

Post by WLow »

Just impressed someone local would put so much on a gram

During HTcup in nov 2016 i purchased Johnny Blaze for 18€/gr and some people from here were thinking am crazy.

soooooo how is 35gr bud ?
monster420

Post by monster420 »

buying 35 euro grams is just stupid
not even a laugh worth ....
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

(this message has been removed by the user)
Last edited by Nuggz on Fri 25th May 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

WLow wrote: Thu 24th May 2018 11:33 pm Just impressed someone local would put so much on a gram

During HTcup in nov 2016 i purchased Johnny Blaze for 18€/gr and some people from here were thinking am crazy.

Impulse buy, it's nice only vaped one bowl thus far - so need to try more to proffer a better assessment.

Anyway I'll just count the 1.5g as of Key Lime I was gifted as 'store credit' so basically paid 35 for 2.5g of weed. These kind of mental gymnastics ease the blow
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

So popped some Zkittlez into the vapcap for my selfish druggie wake and bake. On second assessment the flavor quite full-bodied and loud (of all the Cali I've been puffing these past 2 weeks only the Dos-i-dos has as full-bodied and richness of depth in flavor).

Worth 35€ no way, but Grade-A flower nonetheless.

Edit: just got a shout from one my other 'plugs' who said he'd sort me for a (while still somewhat steep) much, much more agreeable rate for an eighth the same batch of Zkittlez (the 🔌's 🔌 ya digg?!), so I will probably jump on that.

Stay crispy on this fine Friday-Highday all! :mrgreen: :twisted: 8)
WLow

Post by WLow »

Thanks for the review Nugs,

i still don't get the Cali hype, when i first smoked Kosher Kush it was grown what ever and tasty as fuck, now new people to the scene care about were it is from it's so stupid and easy to make money on it, if you want to taste california bud get a plane ticket, it's legal for you to get jungleboy's hydro and blaze it on santa monica pier :mrgreen:

I would love to hear that the price is so steep that it's for the grower that worked hard for it! but wait :D
kalima

Post by kalima »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 25th May 2018 07:56 am
WLow wrote: Thu 24th May 2018 11:33 pm Just impressed someone local would put so much on a gram

Impulse buy, it's nice only vaped one bowl thus far - so need to try more to proffer a better assessment.

Anyway I'll just count the 1.5g as of Key Lime I was gifted as 'store credit' so basically paid 35 for 2.5g of weed. These kind of mental gymnastics ease the blow
be really interested in what you think of the cali weed, compared to the others on the menu
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

kalima wrote: Fri 25th May 2018 04:12 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 25th May 2018 07:56 am

be really interested in what you think of the cali weed, compared to the others on the menu
Hey Kalima,

Good question - I've only personally tried the Zkittelz and I can say it is quite nice in the dynavap (vape) and has excellent richness and depth of flavor - sour fizzy notes, but notes of sweet assorted fruits galore too ("taste the rainbow"), for the money it's a bit of a bend-over, piss-take - what have you but it is some quite nice weed, though as a fuck-combuster (vaper) I can't comment on flush (#whiteashgang bruv) unfortunately.

I've thus far been satisfied with their European weed, I haven't actually even bothered to sniff or look at anything under 15 per g, because I'm an employed wanker now, so I like to stick my nose up and if I want cheaper weed then I won't go to a CS seeking it in the first place.

But regarding their 15-16 EUR/g strains they've all been pretty on the money (especially in comparison with a lot of other shops), and I would say no other shop comes even close to that kind of top-shelf EU-grown selection of flower they're currently rocking.

My favorites thus far: Key Lime Pie, ODV3 and El Chapo OG (I think all were 15 per g; and the EU-grown side of the menu caps at 16 which given the current state of affairs here, isn't too bad to be honest).

In short I'm much more fond of their standard flowers, and think they're much more fairly priced in comparison to the Cali but again comparing the market competitors (other coffeeshops) 30-35 per g isn't too bad, I don't know if anywhere sells "as low" (let's all LOL at this for a sec) as 30 per g, for what they "advertise" as being " premium Cali-import" and have definitely seen piss-take rates north of 50 EUR per g; so given their competition they're doing alright on the Cali price benchmark, but I hope they can open better supply lines and make it cheaper.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Looking forward to visiting this place, trying to fit a day trip in as soon as possible, that menu is mouthwatering,

Will bring the Cali with me though,£7 a gram all day :wink: :lol:

Any news on that keylime pie making a re appearance, could easily speed up my plans. :mrgreen:
free_phil_spector

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by free_phil_spector »

Can't comment on the menu itself as I didn't look at anything, but as for the refurbishment.......such a shame. It's lost that special little something that made it unique and it's now just A.N. Other coffeeshop. Sad really. It's like going down to your local family-run village pub to discover it's been turned into a Wetherspoons.

RIP Utopia :(
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

It's certainly different.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Is the music policy still the domain of whoever is serving? Or are we now subject to a blanket policy of auto-tune RnBullshit & mumbleweed-rap?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

I don't know, I really can't see why/how anybody thought Utopia's decor was anything to write home about.

De Graal - maybe; YoYo - maybe ...but Utopia *yawn* NEXT!
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Judging solely by our good friend Stan's Infobroadcasts, ( which are amazing ! ), sadly I feel that Utopia may have lost all of it's "Charm" :(

.. have a closer look in Sept.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen: