Bij

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bij

I like Bij
90%
I don't like Bij
10%

Total votes: 31

elasticband

Re: Bij

Post by elasticband »

i thought the menu was pretty boring when i was there at the start of the week. apart from the raspberry nothing tickles my fancy. saying that kronocaine does spike my interest slightly, is it worth the cycle though..... I should really think about stocking up on some supplies for the weekend anyway.

edit: oh orle YGM

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
kushy

Post by kushy »

The Raspberry is lush, thanks EB. Casey-like indeed, with a sweet-fruit thing when vaped. Looked at SS x G13, Amnesia and Amaze, all looked nice enough, but this seemed a bit more individual...
kushy

Post by kushy »

Allegria was back on the indica menu today, also G15 and Critical Mass - all 8.50e/g.

Went for the CM as I've never tried it, looks nice, curious smell...
orle

Post by orle »

Got some OG-Banana Kush, Skywalker, Super Silver Haze and White Choco Block yesterday. I liked the SSH, typical sweet boerejongens smell and flavor, clean, and was dry enough. Skywalker was wet and had a planty green smell, tried to dry it overnight but it's weirdly spongy, I vaporized some but thought it was gross. Banana Kush was nicer, it seemed okay value for 9 p/g but was spongy too. Choco block is made from White Choco grown in morocco, thought it was pretty flavorful and with good body fx, 8.5 per gram.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

orle wrote:Got some OG-Banana Kush, Skywalker, Super Silver Haze and White Choco Block yesterday. I liked the SSH, typical sweet boerejongens smell and flavor, clean, and was dry enough. Skywalker was wet and had a planty green smell, tried to dry it overnight but it's weirdly spongy, I vaporized some but thought it was gross. Banana Kush was nicer, it seemed okay value for 9 p/g but was spongy too. Choco block is made from White Choco grown in morocco, thought it was pretty flavorful and with good body fx, 8.5 per gram.

wow a real review.... there is life in this forum yet! how much was the SSH?
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Post by orle »

Sponginess is rife, sadly. No chance of rolling a pure joint with that OG-Banana Kush. And with this humid weather it's just a hassle to try to dry it out after purchasing.
orle

Post by orle »

9.5 for the SSH. I didn't see new sativas here but there may be some at boerejongens.
orle

Post by orle »

Finished my bit of white choco block hash, def grabbing more of that. Super smooth even on large hits, polm-like flavor but different, the first hits of the bowls came in tasting excellent. Stony slowed buzz compared to the polm i'm smoking usually.
kushy

Post by kushy »

Had the first gram (8.50) from a new batch of Strawberry Kush today, nicely cured, can smell the OG in it, had me checking for my phone and keys a couple of times 8)

Also tried the economy Kabouter Amnesia, earlier this week (6.50), quite surprised for that money! Definitely an all Amnesia bag, not much in the way of sticks and leaves, no need for grinding, straight in the vape, works a treat, hardly any bag appeal but still delivered a great high for that money.
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

Anyone been here recently??
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

Its basically same as boerenjongens , if you are going to west BJ and they are out of stock , is good to check them .
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Also of note, the staff at both establishments have both confirmed that Bij typically will carry a few extra budget kushes/indicas (i.e. in the 8-10 range) that are for the price and Amsterdam relatively exotic and refreshing break from the sea of cheeses, amnesias and white widows and overpriced kushes to add to that list as well hehe. Secondly the line is typically a little bit shorter here, but both the locals and tourists are starting to catch on, so that will likely start to change.
kushy

Post by kushy »

Banana Glue Haze 11ep\g

Glad I pick this up today. Not much left so was hard to see how good it is. On closer inspection, very grapey, lots of crystals, twisted high, borderline brutal. 8)
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

Bana Glue Haze is very nice :D I got it yesterday at DNA ...also not much left :(
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Recent pick-ups:

Choco Cookies - 12 per gram.

I think this is the same one I posted about picking up from West location, earlier in the summer (ca. June) - that batch was more purple but other than that same. Nice distinct bouquet with an acrid chemy profile akin to bug-spray or something else atypical to that scent-profile, updated: a bit of grape/blueberry cough-syrup, subtle but there. Beautiful elongated buds, with nice frost and calyx development. Only vaped thus far, potency is there, taste transfer is satisfactory albeit a little "lite" or "smooth", I remember not liking this one in the joint last time, so I'll probably just vape 'er the rest of the way through; update- grapey flavor comes through, with some subtle floral hints in there as well.. Verdict: gorgeous bud aesthetically with a very unique bouquet and flavor that comparatively lets down, still for the CS the price-tag it commands is fair - though I preferred the Sour AK described below. Update: good smell, beautiful, nice flavor not overpowering, but sweet and pleasant nonetheless. Potency is solid, but not overwhelming - a good daytime semi-functional smoke, with some exotic look/smell/taste to boot!

Sour Anamone Kush - 13 per gram

So as soon as my nostrils assessed the tub, I was quite sure this was the "Ambrosia-cut" of Headband that's been going around, under the guise of a typical whacky AMS-genetics name (I later ran into some of those lads at Batavia and they confirmed that it was indeed the one they had previously on their menu). Pungent rubbery, gassy chem just tickle my nostrils, like an orgasm for the olfactory. Vague blue hues, and just gorgeous swollen calyxes and generous frosting of trichs galore! Smell is just spot-on here, taste transfer in the joint was nice as remembered, although I think I'm just more in a vape-heavy mood these days, so I'll give her a proper run in the vape. Nonetheless, the price is fair for CS (on the black-market it was 10 per g, but no longer around, at 1e Hulp it was 15 per gram. This is good shit so from the CS it's certainly merits the price-tag). Will try to report back about how she vapes! Update: god this is some of the most beautiful and sexy smelling bud I've procured in 'Dam. It's definitely what the Ambrosia boys had as Headband for a while, and while it's more expensive then their version, this one is from a CS, and certainly wouldn't be found for less than 15 per g anywhere else... I won't buy a shitload because the price-tag is still high for my frugal tastes (I usually hit Boerejongens-chain for their 9-11 per gram buds), but I seriously hope this "Headband" stays on the menu for a while because it will be a go to weekly splurge/treat.
Last edited by Nuggz on Mon 10th Oct 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.