Tweede Kamer

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Tweede Kamer

I like Tweede Kamer
96%
I don't like Tweede Kamer
4%

Total votes: 151

kushy

Re: Tweede Kamer

Post by kushy »

I wrap the hash in a small piece of unbleached coffee filter, making a parcel with enough space so that it doesn't burst when squished. Then baking paper and I use a bench vice for added pressure with the straighteners on the lowest setting. 10 second press and then two more with new baking paper each time.

For the time being I've stopped using bud as the yields are a bit hit and miss, although I'd still like to locate a reasonable priced strain that yields well. I don't own a scale unfortunately but today I divided the KH into two identical chunks so I could compare the final rosin lump and it's definitely more than half the size.

Curious if anyone has any further advice, or knows any high-yeilding strains?

K

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

kushy wrote: Mon 6th Feb 2017 10:06 pm I wrap the hash in a small piece of unbleached coffee filter, making a parcel with enough space so that it doesn't burst when squished. Then baking paper and I use a bench vice for added pressure with the straighteners on the lowest setting. 10 second press and then two more with new baking paper each time.

For the time being I've stopped using bud as the yields are a bit hit and miss, although I'd still like to locate a reasonable priced strain that yields well. I don't own a scale unfortunately but today I divided the KH into two identical chunks so I could compare the final rosin lump and it's definitely more than half the size.

Curious if anyone has any further advice, or knows any high-yeilding strains?

K
I find OG's and Hazes yield best - I'm currently smoking some DJ Shorts Flo x The White flowers and pressing out 26 - 27% yields consistently. I've seen decent import hash yield well over 50%, Bubble hash often 60% and above.

Strains that don't tend to yield well are Blueberry's and Orangey strains such as Tangies and some Diesel crosses.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 5th Feb 2017 05:40 pm King Hassan (6€/g) - New batch... it pretty looks like a very high quality moroccan hash it reminds me of the white choco block hash from Boerejongens but darker and oiler... also the texture is superb.
I smoked some of the King Hassan in the last few days and I am pretty happy with it :D worth every penny... but it reminded me in a way of the "C3 Pioneer Bloc" hash... the King Hassan isn´t that super oily but when I bought it and looked at it it was so unbeliveable fresh sticky and with a very intense smell like from top quality hashes :shock: but after a few hours in my pocket it looked more and more like a "usual hash". Still darker and oily but it didn´t smelled so super intense as before... also the texture looks more like a usual hash now (a few hours later)... also the C3 Pioneer Bloc I got one time had when bought a super intense smell but that smell was more like alcohol or something(the King Hassan smelled more like hash)... but after a while the crazy smell dissapears and it smelled like usual hash then...
Maybe the King Hassan was really super super fresh when I bought it like fresh made or it´s made with a concentrate or something or... who knows exactly :lol:
Anyway I liked it pretty much. The smell is very nice and pretty natural to me. It also burns good and no signs of contaminations but this batch reminded me more of a bloc hash than usual.
John Daniel

Post by John Daniel »

la2019 wrote: Thu 5th Jan 2017 03:52 pm
Refurb is finished and i really think the charme de tweede kamer always had is pretty much gone.
Ugh...I was afraid to hear that. Any details? What's it look like now?
+1
I am happy that the product is still as good as it always was. But do we have photos or a cainedspaniard style description of the refurb? How it's changed etc
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

It didn't seem to be entirely finished. Tables looked more modern and uglier, if I remember rightly, but I didn't stay for a smoke. KH was indeed better than it has been recently - think I've given it a miss the last couple of times.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

John Daniel wrote: Tue 14th Feb 2017 05:04 pm I am happy that the product is still as good as it always was. But do we have photos or a cainedspaniard style description of the refurb? How it's changed etc
I try to give a small description of the refurb... but I was there only for a fast smoke and with a mate so I didn´t really had the time to take a closer look of the refurb.
Overall it´s brighter now. They painted the walls in white and they changed the seats near the windows... because of that the view outside the windows is much better now. There are also much more really comfy seats now but modern. The furniture made out of wood has gone... the staff is the same but there are also budtenders from Dampkring#2 now from time to time.

But in my opinion it´s different now but there is still some of the old spirit left :lol: not as bad as I thought...

They still play nice fancy music and have a Roor Bong to borrow :D

By the way they still had no pictures or something on the walls... so maybe they aren´t finished yet. There was also a light smell from the renovations in the air :roll: but that will disappear.
WLow

Post by WLow »

Was there during the refurb in december, workers were there while shopping, everything was down except the counter. They were talking about the air con and the new ventilation.

Must be new standards in dutch law for bars and café, new security norm, they needed to change.

had the pineapple bud for 9e, was really dreamy daytime high, good budget sativa.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The picture in this picture must be somewhere...

John Daniel

Post by John Daniel »

Wow thanks FOD, Marok + Wlow. It doesn't seem that bad now and will check it out for myself the next time I am over. I have only sat in there a couple of times and although I enjoyed its character and especially the hash that the BT advised me to get instead of the Noor2000 (or something like that) I was going to buy, it did feel a bit close in there. So maybe the refurb will turn out to be a good thing; especially if they have opened up the window seats a bit more.
Clientele were mostly local when I visited which I found unusual for a centrally located shop, and the BT (an average sized blonde fella) was very informative and surprisingly honest about the product he was selling. Anyway thanks again ACDers :mrgreen:
Baker

Post by Baker »

Great coffeeshop in Amsterdam! one of the best.... small with friendly staff and great ambiance... quality of the weed and has is very good and so are the prices... will definitely be back soon! :D
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Just to make it clear - the picture is from before the renovation, for the sake of nostalgia. I doubt I'll prefer the new look when it's finished, but I don't think it's unbearable.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

It looks better now it's nearly finished. A screen on the wall showing the menu, or sometimes pictures, and the windows look nearly finished. It's taken a long time because, like the British government they wanted to stay open while the work was going on. The aircon is up and running, and the walls are white now, so it's a bit brighter. Will look good when it's all done, the builders were still there on Friday when I went in.
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

Wake and bake now with the King Hassan.
My preferred day smoke.

This batch is a little less oily and pliable as the last batch I think.
Allways on my shopping list when in Amsterdam.

The new interior is inviting enough - almost all seats taken.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

King Hassan (6€/g) as always :lol: again that daker creamy batch. Smell was also still nice but not so super strong as the last time when I had that new batch for the first time... I think when I got it it was super super fresh made and beacuse of that it smelled so super strong.
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

also bought some hassan again and some laila wich was also nice !
Searching for the best weed !