Tweede Kamer

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Tweede Kamer

I like Tweede Kamer
96%
I don't like Tweede Kamer
4%

Total votes: 151

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Tweede Kamer

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

M'jellos Marok21, we had the Laila at least three different times from Tweede during the 420 week, the only thing we went back for that much, and wrote quite a bit about it,ctgink you will like it, very nice piece of classic hash that!! :)

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 3rd May 2017 05:27 am M'jellos Marok21, we had the Laila at least three different times from Tweede during the 420 week, the only thing we went back for that much, and wrote quite a bit about it,ctgink you will like it, very nice piece of classic hash that!!
Indeed nice piece of classic hash :mrgreen: why I didn´t scored more of it :? :lol: After smoking so many new school hashes in the last time... it´s nice to have one more classic quality hash available.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

From another thread:
Marok21 wrote: Wed 3rd May 2017 10:13 pmI saw many hashes of this type in the last 2 months... it seems to me that many of the new hashes are not so dark and super sticky anymore... the new ones look more like a usual moroccan hash. Pretty blonde dry made and usually with very nice odours :mrgreen: Sticky hashes could be pretty tasty, too but different to the taste of "dry" hash... so many different "lekker" flavours :mrgreen:
Yes, I noticed this. Bought some Pineapplechocokushbloc hash, which is not to be confused with the Pineapple Kush Block, I think, from Dampkring II. Which I did in fact do, but that one is in fact dark and sticky, and is €14 a g. It was the only wax paper and freezer hash I bought this time, and Tastes a bit like Birdy's jelly, with strength to match.

So -- why? All the budtenders will ever tell you is that it's a little different this time. Makes a mockery out of quality control, though.
WLow

Post by WLow »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Fri 5th May 2017 05:40 am
So -- why? All the budtenders will ever tell you is that it's a little different this time. Makes a mockery out of quality control, though.
In March i was at Boerjongens centrum and asked the budtender the difference between the White choco block and the "Virgin" choco block. I was told that the virgin version was the new harvest.
So i assume that it's a moroccan (or spanish) winter crop that is less resinous, it could explain that some of the freshest batches are more crumbly and powdery, just an idea not sure so.
CopenhagenCouple

Hmmm, guess you got stiffed somewhat on that explanation, except off course in the case that having perfectly obvious facts pointed out to you in response to an otherwise reasonable question is your thing. In that case you won, but in any other case I might have given the by a response along the lines of "gee, buddy, did you figure that one out by yourself, or do you have a team of trained monkeys in the back doing your math for you?". I might have gone a little more with the subtle sarcastic approach in order not to get a flying headbutt from the butch 1920's looking mofo pretending to be a cross between a greeter and a bouncer, but would for sure let any smuck who tried to pass me up that way have a little something back. Given that it says new in the freaking name of the product, it is at least a little insulting that the only explanation he offers up when asked (maybe somewhat implicitly, but probably still intelligible for him) what the difference between this new one and the old one is, tada, that it is new, what a muppet....

Maybe season does have a lot to do with block hashes seemingly varying a lot with respect to consistency and texture, but we would propose a few alternative or maybe complementary explanations:

Genetics for sure has a great impact as shown by the difference between the classic Moroccan hash types beldia and gardella (or however you choose to spell it). Here it seems evident that the influence of foreign genetics, namely Asian genetics, has created a product category that is generally a lot more sticky than products based on original Moroccan land race genetics. This also seems evident with the Asian hashes that are not hand rubbed but still on average much more sticky than a classic Moroccan "polm". Even though the "new virgin press" WCB is supposed to be "pure WCB based", there is a very high likelihood of cross contamination and -polination from other strains. IIRC pollen from one plant can travel many, many miles from it's origin before landing on, and "contaminating" another crop.

The process of pressing the hash may (rather will!) also have a lot of influence on the consistency and texture of the final products. The application, or lack thereof, of an external source of heat, as well as the pressure (which in turn creates heat on its own due to, among other things, internal friction in the material being compressed) while the keif is pressed into bricks / slabs /blocks has a profound influence on not just the consistency, but also other parameters such as flavor profile.

Very interesting stuff peeps, let's keep it going! :)

Taste wise we seemed to catch a few more "Asian" or maybe kushy notes in the new WCB, whereas the old version always seemed very stringent and "tight" n the flavor profile, very heavy on the chocolate and associated notes, and practically nothing on other notes besides a little hashy IIRC, almost monochromatic if such a term can be applied to a flavor, without that necessarily being a bad thing...

Share your thoughts our cannageeky brethren! :) :D
WLow

Post by WLow »

lol CC :lol:

At that moment it was a good enough response for me, he shoved me both after that. English is not my
first language so it's hard sometimes to talk with some budtenders when your high :mrgreen:
when you say virgin in french you think more of "untouched" then new haha

thanks for clarification.

i took some of that virgin it had some harshness so didnt report back
CopenhagenCouple

Well, yeah, virgin should probably in this case be understood as "untouched", with respect to the source product that is, much like "virgin olive oil", implying that is a first "press" or in this case more accurately a first round sieve of the source WC weed.*

What I was referring to was the fact that the menu actually said "New Virgin" WCB when we bought it three weeks ago and I suspect that it also did when you bought it, so it was more than redundant, and a bit of a toss off, for the budtender to simply tell you that the difference was that this new one was in fact "new", but hey, English prolly wasn't his first language neither (nor mine BTW)... ;)

*The fact that Boer / Ams gene chooses to call this new block "virgin" raises a few questions regarding either the "first sieve" interpretation of said term or the previous statements by Ams Genetics that the block hashes are (all?) first sieve runs of what ever strains the blocks are made from (as per the whole 1 g of block hash per 150 g of flower debacle)... :roll:
WLow

Post by WLow »

Not sure what the exact name was in march you could be right, but yeah not sure it really means something
regarding the "first sieve" they probably just wanted to say its a new delivery from the farm :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Fri 5th May 2017 02:17 pm Hmmm, guess you got stiffed somewhat on that explanation, except off course in the case that having perfectly obvious facts pointed out to you in response to an otherwise reasonable question is your thing. In that case you won, but in any other case I might have given the by a response along the lines of "gee, buddy, did you figure that one out by yourself, or do you have a team of trained monkeys in the back doing your math for you?". I might have gone a little more with the subtle sarcastic approach in order not to get a flying headbutt from the butch 1920's looking mofo pretending to be a cross between a greeter and a bouncer, but would for sure let any smuck who tried to pass me up that way have a little something back. Given that it says new in the freaking name of the product, it is at least a little insulting that the only explanation he offers up when asked (maybe somewhat implicitly, but probably still intelligible for him) what the difference between this new one and the old one is, tada, that it is new, what a muppet....
+1 what a muppet. Things like that happen more and more in coffeeshops over the last years. Maybe it´s because so many shops closed down and there are simply to many people in the shops.. so some dealers are stressed and
give that stupid answers :? but it´s a shame. Where is the love for their offered products? Hopefully that is not the attitude of the coffeeshop owners.. everybody can have a bad day but some guys seems to have everyday a bad day :lol:

Very nice thoughts CopenhagenCouple and I agree with you... the genetics, the process of pressing
and/or the harvest will be the key for the secret (probably) why "new" block hashes are different
than before.

The most people I spoke to (also while the block testing from Boerejongens) said the new block
hashes are so sticky because of the genetics... the buds are so full of resin that the result is
that sticky stuff. Furthermore as I understand it they said that every block hash is made of the
1st sieving.

The block hashes changed over the time... the first batches I had were mostly pretty crumbly and
smelled pretty like the used strain... effect was also ok but for me as a mainly hash smoker
something was missing.

Around this time they had also Amnesia block on the menu. That was different than the other block
hashes I smoked before... very dark nearly black sticky stuff wich smelled extreme like the strain
it´s made from. If I remember right it said on the menu: "warm pressed" hash made from Amnesia...
but also here something was missing in terms of the effect for me.

Last year they got some new batches of blocks (Bluedream Block and AK Choco Bloc for example) wich
were also very dark sticky hashes... you could still smell/taste the new genetics but also something that
reminds me more of hash. Especially the effect was more hash like than the first bloc batches... some of
these batches were so crazy gooey and sticky.

In the last weeks and months I saw a lot of "new" blocks on the menus. It´s very very crumbly blonde looking
hash with an awesome smell of the used strain. It reminds me of skuff or dry sift hash. So damn nice flavours
from that technique yammmy. Furthermore it´s very light pressed and falls apart very easy.

The first hash I found like that was the OG Roccan from the orig. Dampkring (13€/g)...they also had it
a year ago on the menu for 15€/g... but it was not the same stuff... it was dark sticky stuff like many
blocks at that time... Ron (orig. Dampkring manager) told me like said before it´s so sticky because of
the genetics... he said that he also saw a lot of not so good hashes with that new genetics...
year by year the plants will getting more stable... maybe that is another point why the new batches are
different.

There are many opportunities... maybe the producers or coffeeshops were not 100% happy witht the product and they now try out what is best for the market... or it depends on in what time of the year
you harvest that new genetics over there maybe there is a difference.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

just forgot :lol:

Last week:

Rifman Laila (10€/g) - Still nice as before

Pineapplechocokush Weed (8,50€/g) - Really nice weed for the price! For me the taste has something of shoreline in the back + ? . Shoreline isn´t my favorite tastewise :lol: but it burnt very white! and for 8,50€ it´s a very good deal. By the way it wasn´t on the menu of Dampkring#2... only at Tweede.
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

bought some laila still looks very nice
also some tbizla on bt recommendation
Searching for the best weed !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

they had a new hash on the menu:

Blueberry Double Block (9€/g) - Described as a creamy pollen... looked pretty dark and sticky. I asked the dealer if it´s not super sticky
and he said no it´s got only sticky when heated... so I tried it. And damn it´s super sticky :? one of the stickiest hashes I had... like the C3 Pioneer in the past. To sticky for me... looks like Rosin or something in the baggy.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I think that might be the same hash I got from Dampkring II. Yep, to be kept in the fridge/freezer, but lovely stuff.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Sat 10th Jun 2017 11:12 am Yep, to be kept in the fridge/freezer, but lovely stuff.
Indeed looks nice but I am still careful with that ultra sticky hashes... furthermore usually I like more the not so sticky hashes but
exceptions prove the rule :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Malika (14€/g) - Now it´s listet on the usual hash menu not as a Rifman hash... it is also complete different to the last batches I had from "Rifman" Malika. Very crumbly pretty blonde hash... I saw many hashes like that in the last time... like skuff. I didn´t tried it yet but it seems to be very tasty like most of the hashes of this type. Smells hashy but also weed like I will report more when I tried it.

King Hassan (6€/g) - Now again more blonde and very crumbly but after a little pressing with the hands it was easy to built a hash ball that stick together. Tastewise I like it more than the last more darker batches... by the way batches change a lot here but it´s usually at least worth the money.

24k Hash (10€/g) - Not so crumbly then the last batch I had. Smells really like the strain and 10€ is a good price.