Paradox

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Paradox

I like Paradox
97%
I don't like Paradox
3%

Total votes: 170

LLMReb

Re: Paradox

Post by LLMReb »

Visited over March 25th through March 29th of 2016.

Great, great coffeeshop. It is always a must visit for me. And as another poster said, you might as well hit up 1er Hulp while you are in the area. They are about 4 or 5 blocks apart.

OK, back to Paradox. Best space cake (which is a slice of lemon pound cake). I don't always eat space cakes, but when I do, I prefer it from Paradox. I don't get an incredible high off of any space cake, but the ones at Paradox do more for me than anywhere else.

Paradox has great card and board games. It is a great place to sit and chill. If you have 6 people, they have a table for 6. Most places can barely fit 4 people at a table, but not at Paradox. You can hang out as a solo traveler, or a group of up to 6.

The Budtender is a nice guy. Very helpful and can provide good insight to your purchase.

Great coffee.

The downside - it's popular now. I can recall just 3 years ago when I would walk over and the BT was standing outside like an advertising bulletin. Not no more! Now, you cannot find a seat. I found 1 place to sit at 10:15 on Monday morning. Hell. I went by that place 6 times and couldn't get a seat. When did everyone discover Paradox? Word gets out, I suppose. Great ambiance, great BT, great weed, great vibe, great location, great memories.

RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

idk why people rave over those spacecakes lol
you can swallow the cake without struggles which shows it's lackin strenght xD
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

menu 03/28/2016

RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

I still prefer the old decor.

Moby Dick is a decent example of the strain, which is one I like. Don't really go here for the menu but I love that they sell €5 bags.
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

I never normally buy pre rolls when in the great city, but last time round with my missus I didn't have enough time to roll the amount of doorbs I felt I needed to smoke so would roll when I could and pick up pre rolls to fill the gaps. Over 4 days I'd say I purchased them from about 7or8 different coffee shops and the ones from Paradox were the strongest for me. I had the 'wash' hash pre rolls which was the top hash on the menu and they were very tasty. Some from other coffee shops I couldn't even smoke because it was just like pure tobacco :lol: Bought four bits of pound cake and enjoyed them too!

Next trip I'm vowing to spend some time here as it was a buy and fly this time and will take a few grams of the wash to give it a true test.

The Alaskan ice was sold out too btw. That and the pound cake was the two reasons I went :( but next time!
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Hello everyone,

has someone tried their Afghan ? I will be in Dam next month and would like to get some great Afghan.

Also has anyone tried their wash ?
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Menu from 20/9/16
Last edited by avfc-herbalist on Sun 26th Nov 2017 09:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
kalima

Post by kalima »

Going over i December and i see they have Turkish hash n the menu, anyone had any?, i was looking for turkish hash for many years, and had some of the turkish delight from Barneys, has to be said very expensive but absolutely lovely, so i was wondering what paradox's was like or any other recommendations of other coffee shops, that stock this :D
kalima

Post by kalima »

Billyjoe wrote:Hello everyone,

has someone tried their Afghan ? I will be in Dam next month and would like to get some great Afghan.

no i haven't but was also interested, as the Afghan is pretty expensive compared to most coffeeshops
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Just noticed that their latest menu features Chemdawg (which I've never tried) and Dr Grinspoon, both for the amazing price of €12 a g. Has anyone tried them?
wietzakje

Post by wietzakje »

i did not try chemdawg at paradox
but if it is good grown it is a really nice strain !!
Searching for the best weed !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:Just noticed that their latest menu features Chemdawg (which I've never tried) and Dr Grinspoon, both for the amazing price of €12 a g. Has anyone tried them?
aVeryOldLady wrote: Next stop: Paradox for a filler; 1,6g Bio at 10€. (thanks for the recommendations on here :D ) Unfortunately, the bigger bag was sold out so only went for the 1,6g version. I know I could have gotten several of those bags, but I just didn't think of that :roll: . We also got Chemdawg at 5€ for 0,4g which had little taste and no immediate effect that was able to cut through the earlier smokes, but later it turned into a clear relaxed Stone.
monster420

Post by monster420 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:Just noticed that their latest menu both for the amazing price of €12 a g.
Amazing price :roll: :yawn:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Have now tried the DrG. It packs a punch, but smells and tastes slightly mouldy, although it doesn't look it, at least to my naked and deteriorating eyes. So now I'm fretting about whether it's safe or not.
kalima

Post by kalima »

Billyjoe wrote:Hello everyone,

did you go back and try this Billyjoe ?