Baba (formerly Barentsz)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Baba (formerly Barentsz)

I like Baba
82%
I don't like Baba
18%

Total votes: 11

Marok21

Re: Baba (formerly Barentsz)

Post by Marok21 »

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Baba/Menus/Baba.html

I saw that they have Martian mean Green on the menu... I never found a good batch of it :? the last one was from Anyday (RIP) and it was only okish but I heard so many good things about the strain and I am sure that it can be much much better. Anyone tried it from here? I don´t saw many reviews of that "new" location... what´s about the quality here in general? Thx :mrgreen:

nathan420stoner

Post by nathan420stoner »

Marok21 wrote:http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Baba/Menus/Baba.html

I saw that they have Martian mean Green on the menu... I never found a good batch of it :? the last one was from Anyday (RIP) and it was only okish but I heard so many good things about the strain and I am sure that it can be much much better. Anyone tried it from here? I don´t saw many reviews of that "new" location... what´s about the quality here in general? Thx :mrgreen:
MMG gone from menu now, replaced by 91 krypt seen a more up to date menu , never been to this shop hoping to pop by next week when im over
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I bought the MMG here back in October - lovely lime, apples, hash and hazey notes with a skunky finish.
I wasn't a fan of the quality at the old location (mind you I only ever bought one bag - but it was bad enough that I never went back) so was pleasantly surprised that all three bags I bought at the new location were lovely. The MMG and Big Buddha Cheese especially. The Amnesia was nice - just a little too fresh for my tastes.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

nathan420stoner wrote:MMG gone from menu now, replaced by 91 krypt seen a more up to date menu , never been to this shop hoping to pop by next week when im over
damn :? ... I am also looking to make a short trip there next week.
OneHighMofo wrote:I bought the MMG here back in October - lovely lime, apples, hash and hazey notes with a skunky finish.I wasn't a fan of the quality at the old location (mind you I only ever bought one bag - but it was bad enough that I never went back) so was pleasantly surprised that all three bags I bought at the new location were lovely. The MMG and Big Buddha Cheese especially. The Amnesia was nice - just a little too fresh for my tastes.
Nice to hear that the quality went up :mrgreen: I think it´s because of the new location... now there are not so many tourists and they have to look more on the quality then before...

thanks for the replies :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I wanted to check out Baba at their new location since longer time but never made it there... well I wasn´t at their old shop, too because they wasn´t really known for their quality in the past... finally I visited the new Baba shop last week :D

I think I never was in that part of town before... a nice and quiet area off the beaten path 8) the place was pretty packed but had still a nice warm atmosphere.

I went for their Kosher Kush hash (11€/g). A darker sticky but not super sticky hash... good taste and smooth to smoke through the bong without any harshness :D one of my favorite darker sticky hashes I had in the last months and with 11€/g cheaper than compareable hashes from the centrum. It could be a little stronger maybe but overall a nice hash and fair priced.

Furthermore I asked the friendly dealer if I could use one of their bongs and he said no problem but only for weed and no hash :? :?: well I didn´t get that but overall a nice shop and I will come back again.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Baba dated April 20. 2018. Thanks to OneHighMofo.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Has anyone sampled either their Temple Ball or Manali Cream lately? It's the sort of thing I'd think worth trekking out there for if it's worth it, but at 8€ the former looks too good to be true, or at least genuine, and the latter may or may not merit the price.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Indeed @ FOD, we've tried the Manali cream and highly recommend it, among the top 3 hashes of our 420 trip. Went back for more, twice. Sweet, floral and a bit spicy, nice potency too but the taste is what really sells it!

Maroc Supreme also a good hash for the money...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Like most here, I imagine, I was never a fan of the old Baba, and didn't see why they should up their game when taking over a notoriously unfriendly-to-tourists shop. But a recommendation of CC is not to be sneered at. Besides, one gets into a rut, but Utopia was closed, the weather was good, and it's about half an hour's walk from the station, one way or the other. So I went.

There can be too much of a good thing, and 28 degrees is a bit hot. Add some travel time if you walk along the wrong side of Houtmanskade, when the GPS on your phone is telling you that you're on the right side, because you'll have to go to end to get across Westerkanal. Of course, I could have noticed it myself, being quite good on telling left from right, at least when my brain isn't fried by heat and Amsterdam's finest.

I went for a g of the Manali Cream, though I knew that I wouldn't be able to sample it till I got home and put it in the freezer. Decided to go back along the Westerdok, which is about the same length as the Harlemmerstraat route. But as I reached the ferry terminal, and saw the shadeless blazing hot mile or so stretch to the station, I realised I could take the ferry to the NDSM wharf, then the other one to Centraal Station, so long as I wasn't in a hurry, and I wasn't. So a pleasant journey to the north enjoying the breeze, a pipe as I waited for the second ferry, and I arrived refreshed rather than near death.

And the Manali Cream? It's difficult to use -- a window of opportunity of about five seconds when out of the freezer -- but quite strong, and certainly different enough from conventional products to warrant the trip. Oddly, I don't get much of a taste from it, but that might just be me. I'll probably go back at some point, to sample other things and explore the area a bit more when the weather makes walking less of an ordeal. It's ideal for those on bikes, of course.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Baba dated May 16, 2018. Thanks Dreaminjection.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was here for a recent T&T and have to say I'm a fan of the place, nice layout, pair of verdampers for customer use, had the cheese. The only slightly upsetting thing was the budtender didn't smoke weed :lol:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
WLow

Post by WLow »

When you see the structure of the bud you now it's the good cut, the jewgold, nothing to do with what easygoing is selling
props to baba to getting it back.
Snacke

Post by Snacke »

Is there still Testing Tuesday?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Snacke wrote: Sun 19th Jan 2020 10:44 am Is there still Testing Tuesday?
As far as I know yes :D on their IG account they show pics of the current testing tuesday strains... so I am pretty sure there is still "Testing Tuesday" but didn´t tried it myself yet :D
Snacke

Post by Snacke »

:roll:
Marok21 wrote: Sun 19th Jan 2020 04:38 pm
Snacke wrote: Sun 19th Jan 2020 10:44 am Is there still Testing Tuesday?
As far as I know yes :D on their IG account they show pics of the current testing tuesday strains... so I am pretty sure there is still "Testing Tuesday" but didn´t tried it myself yet :D
Thanks Marok21, checked and yes there is 😁