Crush

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

what did you think of crush?

loved it
52%
hated it
4%
it was alright
44%

Total votes: 25

matty223

Post by matty223 »

i love the Crush , the shop isnt well known

Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

Crush is tucked away on Marnixstraat in a basement next door to the Cafe De Koe. I first went in there in 2006 after it had just re-opened on my way back to my hotel (just across the road). Everything on the menu was very reasonably priced.

Very much a last smoke of the evening stop off as it is so close to my Hotel but didn't go in there on my last 2009 trip as I wanted to avoid another '10 minutes trying to open hotel room door' scenario.

As has been said previously reasonable prices and good coffee. Worth a visit
toolsheddaddy

Post by toolsheddaddy »

I like this place ......... not too crowded ........ Nice enough people ........ AND a block away from my FAV. Amsterdam Restaurant (Eat at Joes) .... their gear was OK I will probably go back someday
Always dreaming of the "Motherland"
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

LOVE this shop... found it a couple of years back and it's the ONLY shop in the Leidesplein worth visiting! Anyway, pretty good menu and, like it's been reported, good vibes. Besides, half the time we have the place pretty much to ourselves. I think we caught a world cup game here last June and it wasn't really packed (not a Dutch game, of course). Anyway, here's a menu shot from June...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... CN0946.jpg

-HD
its bouquet sweet & pungent, its bite will roast
DreamWarrior67

Re: Crush

Post by DreamWarrior67 »

I loved it it was across the street from hotel de paris First and last place i stoped everyday They would let me bring in left overs if I bought something to drink. They are a group of great guys there. met 3 great people from england they were trippppppppppen. I was there april 5-10 2011 :mrgreen:
Have A Dank Day!
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Went in here and ordered 3 coffees, to which the budtender asked if I was buying weed, I said no we planned to smoke what we had already..
To which we were basically shown the door!! Very rude BT and I for one won't be back
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
DjOracle

Post by DjOracle »

Smokey McPot wrote:Went in here and ordered 3 coffees, to which the budtender asked if I was buying weed, I said no we planned to smoke what we had already..
To which we were basically shown the door!! Very rude BT and I for one won't be back
pretty much the same thing happened to my friend and i.
When we arrived in amsterdam we went straight.to the crush since it was a block from our hotel.
We went in and bought.2 grams each and sat down and smokef and it was fine. We went back the next day ordered drinks and a pipe from a different guy behind the counter and said that we can only smoke what we bought that day. I explained that we had just bought 4 grams the day before from the shop and he didnt believe us so we had to leave. We were in amsterdam for 10 days and spent a lot of time and money in the coffee shops but i will never go back here.
BigDanHaze

Post by BigDanHaze »

Visited Feb16, 2012
The inside of the shopwas bright and clean with a walled a few tables to sit at. Not sure on the particulars as this was a buy n fly.
Budtender was a older guy who didn't speak English well and was a little standoffish may have been due to the language barrier though.

Secret Kush: 13 e.g.
This is really nice herb. Nice kushy/fuely smell. I beleive it to be a Sour Kush cross. Tastes good and kushy also. Strong herb, 2nd best Kush so far after the Kosher Kush at Voyagers. 8.5/10

Chocolope: 12e.g.
Usually dont buy this stuff as I found it very weak when I had it before. This was a grade A example and while not as strong a buzz as the Kush it was still quite strong. Nice sweet taste and smell, very nicely crystalized. 8.5/10

Iceolator: 15e p.g.
Dark hash in paper thin sheets that break up and powder easily. First Icealator I've had in the dam and it was just ok...too expensive, doesn't hold candle to Trans Himalayin.....7.5/10
Panog

Post by Panog »

Was there on Saturday with friends. Blueberry was shit, white widow was utter shit. Amnesia was average at best and the shark shock was okay. Caramello was quite nice. Shitty music, won't go back
baked.com

Post by baked.com »

Got stuck in amsterdam during the ash cloud for 12 nights
Found crush had great weed for really good prices especially in bulk.
Was back for first time in years.its gone shite.weed was rubbish.must of changed ownership
jayjayseya

Post by jayjayseya »

Near to my favourite hotel crush is a good coffeeshop , White Russian is one of my favourite strains from there I think it's about 8,9 euros a g had some nice lemon haze when I went there a few months ago Hash from there was ok nothing special I don't think lol most of the staff are pretty friendly and tell me how the strains are honestly chill there a fair bit it's pretty quite most of the time and the toilets are big enough to use which is good to find in dam lol drinks are 2 euro so normal prices there
hilian

Crush

Post by hilian »

Any recent reviews on this place ?
The ones on the directory are a couple of years out of date
if you enjoy it pass it on
Anadin

Post by Anadin »

Here at the weekend and its still a little gem... out of the way from most, which I guess is why not many reviews, but I have been going here for past 4-5 years regularly and although it can be hit and miss with the bud (This weekend the best Lemon Haze I have ever smoked was purchased here). bt's are not enthusiastic, but ask and they will chat freely and let you smell and see all bud before purchase, no pressure, happily smoke whatever you have with you for the price of a drink, the smoking area is small but a great mix of people, luckily not fall of ned's thank god, but great age range, music pleasant enough, no real style..... the closest I have found to the great "HGF" coffee bar which we lost. All ways a stream of locals getting weed, a plus for me. Wasn't going to review this as happy the way it is and the less people that know the better.... Toilets needs sorting :wink:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Noticed Shoreline Cream(15€/g) over at coffeeshopmenus.org so thanks again to FlyByNite and Crush Seed Bank.
Can't remember when I have been to this moroccan shop in the past if at all. Dark shop in a basement but I liked it as seats were sort of comfy.
Quiet but polite moroccan tender in his fourties let me have a look at their Kristal(Caramellow)(moroccan,10€/g)which looked quite nice and the one I was coming for.

In opposite to Shoreline Block some time back at Boerejongens which smelt like the strain it was supposed to be made from this one here was a black moroccan of a type I haven't seen so often lately.

Smell is special and again hard to put my finger on ; not fruity but dark if that makes sense.
As said texture and all made me smile and thinking one of those hashes people would have raved about some years back but market changed so much this isn't so special anymore(yes, it's a shame hashish is getting better and better it seems :lol: ). Definetly still a cream.
Smell was transfered good to the taste and effects were more a mix of stoned and high.
All in all a nice piece of resin apart from not being from the original strain probably.
Will be back at some time.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Crush dated June 1, 2018. Thanks to Crush Seed Bank.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Crush/Menus/Crush.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite