Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Marok21

Re: Solo

Post by Marok21 »

Billyjoe wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 10:50 pm I think you have mistakenly called it a black hash
Indeed not the best description for a hash like that. When I speak about black hashes I usually mean hand rubbed stuff like Nepal Temple Balls and Charas... well also a black Afghan hash is a black hash for me even if it´s made with a different method.
Marok21 wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 03:13 pm and well it is rarely a "black" hash that has a effect on me
I would have written better that it is rarely a asian hash that has a effect on me... my mistake :roll:

TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

We did not find the Italian budtender, too bad! Straberry banana € 15 / g good look, but I forgot it, maybe because of the dab to the batcave! Khasmir pollen € 14 / g is a real paki but too expensive. Platinum valley weed € 16 / g expensive but tasty. :wink: :mrgreen:
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

GoatCheese wrote: Mon 29th Oct 2018 06:26 pm
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 29th Oct 2018 01:35 pm
Billyjoe wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 10:50 pm A black haschich from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Népal, was at first a pollen same as Moroccan hash, just that it was worked out with water, tea or even oil and pressed by heat, which gives another smell, taste and even effect, and of course that dark color.
We’re sorry Billyjoe, but we have to disagree with you on this one. At least when it comes to "classic black hashes".

At the very least it is a bit of a misunderstanding to call all black hashes “water pressed” or something to that nature. Most of the “classic black hashes”, e.g. Nepal Temple Balls or Indian Charras, are hand rubbed hash, not water pressed. Although it is true, that it is parts of the process that causes the appearance of these hashes to be very dark brown or black, it is in these cases due to the production method (i.e. hand rubbed as opposed to sieved or water extracted hashes) and not the finish (i.e. how the hash is pressed).

There are examples, such as Afghan Water Pressed hash (and others) that could reasonably be called a “traditional” black hash and heat pressing sieved hashes do indeed produce a darker hash (sometimes so dark brown that it is almost black), but we would claim that the majority of the hashes people talk about when they are e.g. posting about “black hashes” here are hand rubbed.

CC
Hi.
Black hash from Afghanistan and Pakistan is not hand rubbed from alive plants as they do in North India. It's dry sieved like in Morocco. They actually "cook" the hash on a pan and they pour hot water into the hash to make it softer so they can work it easier. You can find videos of this method on YouTube.

Yes exactly!
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 29th Oct 2018 01:35 pm
Billyjoe wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 10:50 pm A black haschich from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Népal, was at first a pollen same as Moroccan hash, just that it was worked out with water, tea or even oil and pressed by heat, which gives another smell, taste and even effect, and of course that dark color.
We’re sorry Billyjoe, but we have to disagree with you on this one. At least when it comes to "classic black hashes".

At the very least it is a bit of a misunderstanding to call all black hashes “water pressed” or something to that nature. Most of the “classic black hashes”, e.g. Nepal Temple Balls or Indian Charras, are hand rubbed hash, not water pressed. Although it is true, that it is parts of the process that causes the appearance of these hashes to be very dark brown or black, it is in these cases due to the production method (i.e. hand rubbed as opposed to sieved or water extracted hashes) and not the finish (i.e. how the hash is pressed).

There are examples, such as Afghan Water Pressed hash (and others) that could reasonably be called a “traditional” black hash and heat pressing sieved hashes do indeed produce a darker hash (sometimes so dark brown that it is almost black), but we would claim that the majority of the hashes people talk about when they are e.g. posting about “black hashes” here are hand rubbed.

CC

Hello couple from Copenhag,

don’t be sorry, it’s fine, but actually hand rubbed hash makes mostly the same result because the plants are still fresh (wet) and also the sweat of palm hands, 20 years ago I met a Dutch guy that was selling to coffeeshop only black hash from India/Nepal and told me that the biggest problem with these hash is the moisture, when not properly stored it gets easily mold, so I guess pressing by hand (warm) and wet, brakes the terpenes and oxidized it in a similiar way as the Afghan/pakistanese do it.
Just try it at home with a blond Moroccan hash by adding some water and pressing it in your palm, the hash will bubble more, darken a lot and even the smell, taste and effect will be different.
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Marok21 wrote: Mon 29th Oct 2018 10:55 pm
Billyjoe wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 10:50 pm I think you have mistakenly called it a black hash
Indeed not the best description for a hash like that. When I speak about black hashes I usually mean hand rubbed stuff like Nepal Temple Balls and Charas... well also a black Afghan hash is a black hash for me even if it´s made with a different method.
Marok21 wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 03:13 pm and well it is rarely a "black" hash that has a effect on me
I would have written better that it is rarely a asian hash that has a effect on me... my mistake :roll:

Hello Marok21,

yes I understood you meant asian hash instead, a couple of months ago I purchased Afghan pollen in Bluebird which was very blond, had a slightly different taste (greener if I might say) and harsher as marocan hash.
tinky

Post by tinky »

Visited Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday served by different people each time. All happy to show you the tubs. Triple X clone only indica €13.50 really nice frosty good taste heavy stone loved it bought more on way out.

Black Domina€10. Still to taste.

Kashmir Pollen €14. Still to taste. May have bought another indica here ......

Blood orange Sativa €11.50. Meahhhh bad buy not much going for it.

SLH. €13. Only ok should have got the Amnesia at €10

Worthwhile note theyhappy to let you buy just €5 to try a strain. Many people were doing this. Budtender offered it to me also if I wanted to try other strains.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Billyjoe wrote: Tue 30th Oct 2018 03:18 pm Hello Marok21,

yes I understood you meant asian hash instead, a couple of months ago I purchased Afghan pollen in Bluebird which was very blond, had a slightly different taste (greener if I might say) and harsher as marocan hash.
I tried Afghan Pollen from Barneys a few years back and it was a very blonde one, too. I like that type of hash more than the usual black afghan hash... but one or two times I also had pretty superb black afghan hash but that is very rarely and most black hashes (for me afghan, nepal, indian black hashes) had a very light to no effect on me :lol: Probably it´s simply very hard to get good stuff much harder than good moroccan :roll: By the way I noticed that original Dampkring has also two higher priced Afghan hashes on their menu since a few months...one of them for 18€/g. One time I tried a Afghan Polm from them that was also not bad... not blonde more darker but it had a noticeable effect on me :lol:
I also smoked 2 or 3 times sieved hashes from Nepal like so called"Nepal Polm"... also darker but that hashes had also nearly no effect on me :|
Over the last years I smoked primary moroccan hashes... but the topic makes me hungry to try again some more hashes from other parts of the world :lol: On my next trips I will try to find also one or two nice examples of not moroccan hashes :D just to see how the quality has developed :D
tinky wrote: Thu 1st Nov 2018 04:18 pm Visited Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday served by different people each time. All happy to show you the tubs. Triple X clone only indica €13.50 really nice frosty good taste heavy stone loved it bought more on way out.

Worthwhile note theyhappy to let you buy just €5 to try a strain. Many people were doing this. Budtender offered it to me also if I wanted to try other strains.
I also saw that Blood orange Sativa on the menu. Sad to hear :? Let me know after trying what you think of the Kashmir and the Domina hash... well the Kashmir was more sativa to me
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Solo dated Novenber 1, 2018. Thanks to Gregory.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Solo/Menus/Solo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

After all the mouthwatering reviews, I've resolved to cross this one off the 'shops not visited that sound worth a visit' list next time I'm over. Very much hope to try the Black Domina, which isn't a sentence that should be taken out of context.
tinky

Post by tinky »

FODSmith wrote: Tue 6th Nov 2018 05:11 pm After all the mouthwatering reviews, I've resolved to cross this one off the 'shops not visited that sound worth a visit' list next time I'm over. Very much hope to try the Black Domina, which isn't a sentence that should be taken out of context.

Coffeeshop menu page has it as opening from 12:00. Can confirm last week I was in the each day at 10am and believe they now open 8/9am.
kalima

Post by kalima »

tinky wrote: Thu 1st Nov 2018 04:18 pm Visited Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday served by different people each time. All happy to show you the tubs. Triple X clone only indica €13.50 really nice frosty good taste heavy stone loved it bought more on way out.

Have you had a chance to try the Kashmiri and black Domina yet? over in a couple of weeks and I am sure to drop in here :).
shame about the blood orange , and SLH , it does seem hard to find good sativas in CS
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Solo just stuck some pics on their instagram of some really black Indian charas. I'm not familiar with charas so couldn't say much about the quality but I must say I'm intrigued.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Junglist Movement wrote: Fri 16th Nov 2018 08:39 pm Solo just stuck some pics on their instagram of some really black Indian charas. I'm not familiar with charas so couldn't say much about the quality but I must say I'm intrigued.
Two days after I was there. Story of my life.

Finally got to this shop, and tried the Black Domina. Budtender not chatty, so I wondered by myself whether I should try other strains as well. In the end I didn't, but it's certainly a reasonable place to smoke in the centre, and God knows we need them. Will come back and try more.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Ah shite Buzz there man. Gonna be sampling a few from their hash menu in two weeks so I'll report back. Hopefully the charas is still on the menu.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Strawberry Banana hash, sticky dark brown, almost black on outside with nice creamy brown inside. Smokes well and quite tasty / effective, deffo worth a try...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: