Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Bilbo Baggins

Re: Solo

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Visited here a couple of weeks ago in the morning and was the only one in the shop with a nice friendly 30 something lady budtender talking away with a dutch guy ( gawd she can talk by the way, the poor guy could hardly get a word in edgeways ) got a nice feeling as soon as I walked in here, like some other poster mentioned somewhere its like walking into someones living room, I had lots of weed backed up from other shops , so to be polite I bought some Nepal temple Ball hash at 10E a gram, it was decent not the best Ive smoked but for the money a nice buy

The vibe in here is really just right up my street, as I got nice and baked, nice mellow jazz flowed from the speakers, something from miles Davis' Kind Of Blue--then we had Donovan and good Lord John Martyn, whoever puts the tunes on here knows their stuff-------I think I enjoyed my couple of hours here better than anything else on my trip--and it from now on goes on my favourites list

Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

I feel the same, just the most friendly, chilled out place to be in Amsterdam

This time next week I'll be in there enjoying the cheese and the BTs stories :D
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Was closed when i was down that way! KD.
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

Tried to check it out with the missus a couple days ago, but there was a power outage, so no scales, and therefore no sales :P

Had a preroll but our heart wasn't into it so to speak... hash prerolls always have WAY too much tobacco for our taste, esp. since "quitting smoking".

Will report further as events unfold

(once typed, this feels like a non-post... oh well)
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Following on from some of the comments above,I rate this place in a very positive way,friendly staff and it is a quite relaxing environment,slightly off the beaten track,but still close enough to the action,the Dutch term "Gezellig" sums this place up for me,plus the staff will actually spend time talking about their menu with you.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
Fred

Post by Fred »

Solo menu from last week-end 08/17/12 !

FBN, feel free to upload it on the menu website...

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Has anyone tried the Citral or Superpolm hash?
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Thanks for that fred
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Seifenblase

Post by Seifenblase »

a very nice and calm place, perfect after hustling hours and hours through amsterdam. big windows in front which can make you stay there forever while watching the streets and "grachts".

got some cheese haze haze there, which was okay. not a head banger but worth its money.

i recommend going there if you just like to chill on your own.
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Still up there as one of the favourites,good prices,good product and a nice place to chill,the white widow reminded me of the times in the 90s in Manchester where you rolled up a joint and watched everybody turn to jelly.
Last edited by A Leprechaun on Thu 4th Apr 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Seifenblase wrote:a very nice and calm place, perfect after hustling hours and hours through amsterdam. big windows in front which can make you stay there forever while watching the streets and "grachts".

got some cheese haze haze there, which was okay. not a head banger but worth its money.

i recommend going there if you just like to chill on your own.

The days of chilling there on your own are probably slipping away,seems to be very popular with the locals,my tip to be a place like Basjoes of the old days :mrgreen:
Lamont

Post by Lamont »

Visited this shop on a Wednesday night on my ride home from work. Solid locals vibe with the bud tender and a couple folks playing dominoes with verve. Beautiful afternoon light in the shop. Quality view as usual.

Went for "Ocean's Haze" at 13.50 Euro (i think). He rated it as one of his better sativas at the moment. Very nice smoke and a strong but not overpowering high. I'd give it an 8/10.
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

Very cozy shop with a great, older budtendress from Austria.
Weed looked nice.

Bought some Super Skunk and it was strong as hell. Even experienced strange visuals with colored patterns on the wall. Sadly, it induced some heavy paranoia for ~20mins (never had that before in my life)

Besides that sideeffect I really liked this local charm.
orle

Post by orle »

Almost 15 euro per gram for Super Silver Haze?! Is there something special about this SSH or is it just regular inflation + greed?
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

orle wrote:Almost 15 euro per gram for Super Silver Haze?! Is there something special about this SSH or is it just regular inflation + greed?
yea at central its 7euro , and its as good as it gets
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke