Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Marok21

Re: Solo

Post by Marok21 »

I saw on Instagram that their current menu has many weed/hash strains on it that Coffeeshop Baghera has, too... so I decide to check if they started a collaboration or something :mrgreen:

Super frienldy older budtender lady welcomed me... first of all there was a great quiet atmosphere inside... a real neighborhood coffeeshop :mrgreen: I enjoyed that a lot especially because there was gay pride on that day in Amsterdam and this place was like a "quiet haven" for me :D
Like I said before they also sell strains from accelerator seeds like Coffeeshop Baghera do... so I asked the budlady if they work together or something and she told me that they don´t work together... furthermore she told me that my favorite budtender from Baghera work at Coffeeshop Solo now. He is a really friendly helpful guy and know what he is talking about :thumbup: and I don´t know exactly but he seems to be one of the persons who runs Accelerator Seeds.

On their menu they had still some of Coffeeshop Solos "usual" strains like Royal Solo, Solo Kush but also others like Baghera has: Platinum Valley, Rollex OG, Strawberry Banana hash, 24k Gold hash.
They also have a Platinum Valley Ice O Lator (60€/g) which won the 3rd price on the High Times Cup last month. It was the best Ice I saw since ages (from look... didn´t tried) from a coffeeshop. 60€/g is still pretty high but much better looking compared to other ice hashes I saw in that price range and even higher...

I went for their Strawberry Banana hash (15€/g)... didn´t tried it yet but it looked pretty similar to Baghera version which is clean and tasty :mrgreen: well if you ask me it could be 1€ or 2€ cheaper but also 1e Hulps version goes for 15€/g.

Furthermore they have nice clean bongs to use now and like I said before it´s simply a great spot away from the fast centrum. That could get one of my favorite Coffeeshops :mrgreen:

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Kashmir Pollen (14€/g) - I didn´t smoked hash from that region for a long time and I am not the biggest fan of the asian hashes (because it´s not so easy to find a good one) but I wanted to try that stuff especially because I had some awesome hash called "Kashmir Maroc" from Willi Wortel in Haarlem maybe 10 years back and I am still hoping to find that kind of stuff again :lol: ... furthermore since Coffeeshop Solo has another new supplier (but many old strains are also still on the menu) with nice hashes to offer it´s a nice place for quality hash :D

The "Kashmir Pollen" is a dark brown hash but like the name "Pollen" said it´s not that usual black hand rubbed hash... that hash smells just awesome to me! :mrgreen: kind of spicy, minty but not overpowered or something... the hash is pretty oily and sticky and bubbles nicely when touched by the flame. Most black hashes I tried in the past had no real effect to me :lol: but this one gaves me a nice high that is more uplifting to me and overall a much better effect than most other asian hashes I smoked before.

Overall it seems to be a very natural product with a great smell so yammmy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: in the end the effect could be still a bit heavier to me (compared to moroccan hashes) but it gaves me nice high feeling that was at least strong enough and 10 times better than 98% of the other black hashes I smoked so far...

24K Gold Bar hash (13€/g) - That dry made hash is a real "wiet hasj" :lol: very intense taste and the effect is pretty strong, too :mrgreen: seems like its the same batch as Baghera offers. One of the best 24k hashes if not the best I found so far. Nice work.

Kashmir Pollen:

24K Gold Bar hash:

WLow

Post by WLow »

the kashmir is sole hash :mrgreen:

old lady budtender still on duty i see, hope they keep accelerator products they have great flowers.
thanks for the update marok

an acd member really loved that shop, think it was Lamont, he made a travelogue with a great description
of the early smoke here with the KromBoomsloot canal view :love:
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Wow very nice indeed! Looking forward to giving this place a visit in the future!
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Grandpa's OG €15 - Very well finished, great flavour and effects. True GDP flavours coming through with an obvious OG finish. Potentially best bud of the trip.

Everything and I mean every tub in this whole place looked spot on (yes even the bottom of the menu stuff).
I see they are using the humidity packs in the tubs too.

Thanks to OHMF on the suggestion of shop, will be checking this out again.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Kenshiro wrote: Mon 10th Sep 2018 06:00 pm
Everything and I mean every tub in this whole place looked spot on (yes even the bottom of the menu stuff).
I see they are using the humidity packs in the tubs too.
+1

They also have a dutch grown Gelato (15€/g) on their menu atm
WLow wrote: Wed 5th Sep 2018 01:16 am old lady budtender still on duty i see, hope they keep accelerator products they have great flowers.
thanks for the update marok
Yeah she is a nice and relaxed person :thumbup: and like that is the atmosphere of the whole shop... completly different to most other shops... well there is mostly a queue, too but you never feel pushed or something... everything is relaxed and she really take the time to give you a good advice 8) . Also the italian budtender is a great knowledgeable super friendly person. Atm one of my favorite shops in Amsterdam.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Grandpa OG (15€/g) - Like Kenshiro wrote pretty nice one :mrgreen: When I opened the bud to examine it a bit more I knew immediately
that I got something good :D well I didn´t smoked GDP so far so I don´t know how it smell/taste but I could def. smell some nice OG scents in there :mrgreen: with something different that was a bit like the smell of some Scotts OG I had a few trips ago.
Also the effect was very nice smooth and gave me a relaxing feeling 8) Smell transfered also pretty good to the taste :D
Really nice batch! I had a few OG batches of other sources that tasted a bit stronger to me but very very rarely and that were the best weed I could find so far in coffeeshops... so overall very nice and rarely one of the 15€/g+ weed in Amsterdam which one you don´t disappoint :thumbup:

Black Domina hash (10€/g) - That hash looks great :mrgreen: very blonde fresh superb smelling hash... had a nice oil content that let it getting darker and it sticks to the baggy after a short while :mrgreen: It looks/smells so damn nice that you want to eat it directly :lol: Didn´t smoked much of it yet but it gaves me a strong uplifting effect with stoned effects too but overall more uplifting... till now I am really happy with that nice piece of hash and for 10€/g it´s just great but I had to try more to make a final judgment.

Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Thanks to the recent reviews this place is at the top of my go to coffeeshops for my visit in December. Cheers very much marok?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

last week: Black Domina hash (10€/g) is still nice :thumbup: damn sometimes it´s crazy to see how fresh that stuff comes the long way from morocco to Amsterdam :shock: :mrgreen:
kalima

Post by kalima »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 21st Oct 2018 02:08 pm last week: Black Domina hash (10€/g) is still nice :thumbup: damn sometimes it´s crazy to see how fresh that stuff comes the long way from morocco to Amsterdam :shock: :mrgreen:
how would you rate this against the Kashmiri pollen ? will be definitely visiting here in December, and that Kashmiri looked lovely :)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Both are nice for their own :D

The Kashmir Pollen is a real more classical "import" hash. That kind of hashes are not so easy to find atm beacuse of all that newschool stuff... for me it´s kind of a rare treat :mrgreen: and well it is rarely a "black" hash that has a effect on me :lol: Maybe I would prefer the Kashmir Pollen for Joints... I mostly smoke bong/pipe but that classic flavors are very nice when smoked in a joint :mrgreen:
Effect to me was more Sativa but also with some light indica effects.

The Black Domina is super fresh and reminds more of a newschool hash... personaly I damn like the texture, smell when burned overall that one is pretty much to my personal taste. It gaves me surprisingly more of sativa high (even if the black domina plant is an indica) like Jesscass reported about other Black Domina hash varieties from other shops he tried before... personally I prefer to smoke that one in the bong than in a joint in terms of taste... a plus for the Black Domina hash is that it´s 4€ cheaper than the Kashmir.

Overall I would try both. The Kashmir Pollen could maybe be one or two € cheaper but like said before it´s pretty rare and so the price is ok.
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Hello Marok21,

thanks for your endless posts, I do always appreciate and I do follow closely.

If I may I would ask you more about the Kashmir pollen, I think you have mistakenly called it a black hash, if you would allow me to say so, because what makes a haschich a black hasch is not much where it comes from but the way it has been processed.

A black haschich from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Népal, was at first a pollen same as Moroccan hash, just that it was worked out with water, tea or even oil and pressed by heat, which gives another smell, taste and even effect, and of course that dark color.

Any Moroccan producer would be able to make “black hash” as well if they wanted.

Actually as anyone, if you have pollen and a press such as a screw press that is on the market for nothing, humidify your pollen with water then work it out until it gets black and smooth, then press it within hot gear, and there you got black hash!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Billyjoe wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 10:50 pm A black haschich from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Népal, was at first a pollen same as Moroccan hash, just that it was worked out with water, tea or even oil and pressed by heat, which gives another smell, taste and even effect, and of course that dark color.
We’re sorry Billyjoe, but we have to disagree with you on this one. At least when it comes to "classic black hashes".

At the very least it is a bit of a misunderstanding to call all black hashes “water pressed” or something to that nature. Most of the “classic black hashes”, e.g. Nepal Temple Balls or Indian Charras, are hand rubbed hash, not water pressed. Although it is true, that it is parts of the process that causes the appearance of these hashes to be very dark brown or black, it is in these cases due to the production method (i.e. hand rubbed as opposed to sieved or water extracted hashes) and not the finish (i.e. how the hash is pressed).

There are examples, such as Afghan Water Pressed hash (and others) that could reasonably be called a “traditional” black hash and heat pressing sieved hashes do indeed produce a darker hash (sometimes so dark brown that it is almost black), but we would claim that the majority of the hashes people talk about when they are e.g. posting about “black hashes” here are hand rubbed.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 29th Oct 2018 01:35 pm
Billyjoe wrote: Sun 28th Oct 2018 10:50 pm A black haschich from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Népal, was at first a pollen same as Moroccan hash, just that it was worked out with water, tea or even oil and pressed by heat, which gives another smell, taste and even effect, and of course that dark color.
We’re sorry Billyjoe, but we have to disagree with you on this one. At least when it comes to "classic black hashes".

At the very least it is a bit of a misunderstanding to call all black hashes “water pressed” or something to that nature. Most of the “classic black hashes”, e.g. Nepal Temple Balls or Indian Charras, are hand rubbed hash, not water pressed. Although it is true, that it is parts of the process that causes the appearance of these hashes to be very dark brown or black, it is in these cases due to the production method (i.e. hand rubbed as opposed to sieved or water extracted hashes) and not the finish (i.e. how the hash is pressed).

There are examples, such as Afghan Water Pressed hash (and others) that could reasonably be called a “traditional” black hash and heat pressing sieved hashes do indeed produce a darker hash (sometimes so dark brown that it is almost black), but we would claim that the majority of the hashes people talk about when they are e.g. posting about “black hashes” here are hand rubbed.

CC
Hi.
Black hash from Afghanistan and Pakistan is not hand rubbed from alive plants as they do in North India. It's dry sieved like in Morocco. They actually "cook" the hash on a pan and they pour hot water into the hash to make it softer so they can work it easier. You can find videos of this method on YouTube.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

GoatCheese wrote: Mon 29th Oct 2018 06:26 pm Black hash from Afghanistan and Pakistan is not hand rubbed from alive plants as they do in North India. It's dry sieved like in Morocco.
Indeed (at least for most of the products from those two places), as with the WPA mentioned in our post.

The WPA (and especially a good version of it) is legendary among ACD forum members, but very, very rare to get a hold of. The same goes for high quality Pakistani, which is even rarer in the 'dam.

High quality Indian and Nepalese hash, even though rarer now than it used to be and significantly more expensive relatively speaking for the top shelf ones, are available from quite a few places in Mokum on a reasonably regular basis. So keeping that in mind we would still claim that
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 29th Oct 2018 01:35 pm the majority of the hashes people talk about when they are e.g. posting about “black hashes” here are hand rubbed.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: