Yo-Yo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Yo-Yo

I like Yo-Yo
88%
I don't like Yo-Yo
12%

Total votes: 50

ZBeebs

Re: Yo-Yo

Post by ZBeebs »

Here now. You walk into the small smoking room, which is exactly a described above. Then through a curtain to a much larger room. Coffee bar on the left, smoke on the right. I got €5 of amnesia haze and a cappuccino. Asked for a piece of apple cake and was told she could no longer make homemade cakes because she could put weed in it, and the police have already warned her to stop. She will have to buy it from a bakery in the future if she wants to serve cake again. What an odd rule. You can sell space cake, you can sell cake, but you can't sell homemade cake in a coffeeshop.

I was also asked to smoke in the front room, which seems odd. The room through The curtain is easily 3x the size of the smoking room. Didn't seem like a great use of the space.

So odd you can have a children's playground directly in front of the shop but all those shops closed because of schools nearby. Also, why put a table outside if you can't smoke there?

The haze amnesia is average. Its a very quiet coffeeshop, and I could see sitting here for a couple hours on the couch, reading a book. Not today though, going to finally check out the Heineken experience.
Last edited by ZBeebs on Mon 27th Mar 2017 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Don't get it. Other shops sell edibles. So are they worried that she'll sneak weed into something sold as ordinary cake and not tell people about it? Yeah, right. But assuming coffeeshops enjoy giving cannabis to unsuspecting customers, couldn't they do that with drinks?
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

That's exactly what she said. She does a monthly dinner for older people who need help, and that's when the police came. She had 2 cheesecakes to serve, but you cannot have non cannabis baked goods, unless they are sourced from elsewhere. I guess to cut down on confusion or something. Definitely stupid but not worth risking a coffeeshop license over.

I'm sure there was something lost in translation. Shops can brew coffee, sell tosties, all that. Just not homemade cakes without cannabis?
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@ZBeebs / Fat_old_dwarf

Cheers. That's again dutch pragmatism at it's best :lolno:!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Great spot for old school strains and outdoor/greenhouse gear which can be a nice change.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Got some Cheese and some Frisian Cheese last week. They don't have the Blue Cheese anymore so wasn't able to get the full cheese board :D

Both nice smokes, I'm a fan of cheeses. I don't recall the price, but the usual reasonable YoYo prices. Not the strongest stuff you'll get in Amsterdam, but lovely clean morning stuff or perhaps very good for the lighter smokers who find a lot of the newer strains a bit much.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Yoyo dated April 21, 2018. Kudos to Ken.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I was on a Amnesia Mission, we don't get it back home around my end no more and although I ain't a huge fan I had a need for it or a nice ssh, the one here was a lot better flavour wise compared to the centrum that all have the same flavourless version. Very underrated shop IMO.
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

A place to go to if you want a nice conversation and stay a while - I was there quite early, no other customers, and the staff enjoyed a talk with me. Very pleasant location, light, welcoming. I did not quite get if people really come for it's a gallery too, and the opening hours seem strange to me (only daytime but not early either). I got the 0,7 haze for 5€, tried it later, was okay but nothing exeptional.
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Yoyo dated September 12, 2018. Thank Bob.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

mmm should really give this place a visit soon
outdoor weed kicks ass over here
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

very nicely cured Hindu Kush atm .
Not the same as the killer hindu from clubmedia a few years ago , but definitly nice !
And probably organic too ! atleast it tasted and looked like it ! 10eu 1.2/1.3 .

Also asked for a tenner of outdoor , got recommended Sweet Lily .
Smelled good , but flavorwise wasnt there yet . Think put it in bags while it actually still needs burping .
Last edited by RvanSteensel on Tue 26th Mar 2019 03:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

sweetlily was only looks and smell
Laygord

Post by Laygord »

I've read multiple times before that Yo-Yo was the place to go for when looking for clean and classic outdoor strains, which I am very much keen to try (my tolerance is low so the presumed lack of potency will not be an issue), but since I am quite naive to the mass scale production techniques employed in the cannabis market I've been asking myself the question that I want to throw into the room here:

Is all or most of this "outdoor" weed imported or is it nederwiet?
If it is nederwiet, wouldn't early april be a terrible time to try these strains?
I know that you can cure and store ganja for a very long time with proper care, but it seems to me that someone wanting to source these classic, clean outdoor grows would be best advised to look for this in late fall, when the harvest and the cure is done.

If all of this stuff is imported from spain or whereever anyways, my question is kind of moot. I guess what I am mainly looking for is something that is organic and properly grown without paying out of my ass for it :roll:
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Laygord wrote: Mon 25th Mar 2019 10:18 pm I've read multiple times before that Yo-Yo was the place to go for when looking for clean and classic outdoor strains, which I am very much keen to try (my tolerance is low so the presumed lack of potency will not be an issue), but since I am quite naive to the mass scale production techniques employed in the cannabis market I've been asking myself the question that I want to throw into the room here:

Is all or most of this "outdoor" weed imported or is it nederwiet?
If it is nederwiet, wouldn't early april be a terrible time to try these strains?
I know that you can cure and store ganja for a very long time with proper care, but it seems to me that someone wanting to source these classic, clean outdoor grows would be best advised to look for this in late fall, when the harvest and the cure is done.

If all of this stuff is imported from spain or whereever anyways, my question is kind of moot. I guess what I am mainly looking for is something that is organic and properly grown without paying out of my ass for it :roll:
its nederwiet
dont worry ;) ive smoked outdoorweed here every season and it was always good
except for the sweetlily last time xD