Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Vote for your 3 favourites

Abraxas
1%
Abraxas Too (Chocolata)
0%
Amnesia
3%
Anyday
1%
Het Ballonnetje
2%
Barney's Coffeeshop
3%
Barney's Lounge
1%
Basjoe
0%
Betty Boop
1%
Bij
1%
Bluebird
2%
Boerejongens
3%
Central
0%
Dampkring
4%
Dampkring 2 (Pink Floyd)
2%
Dolphins
1%
Graal
3%
Green Place
4%
Greenhouse Centrum
1%
Greenhouse Effect
1%
Greenhouse Lounge (Blue Velvet)
1%
Greenhouse Namaste
1%
Greenhouse Tolstraat
0%
Grey Area
8%
Hill Street at the Market
1%
Hill Street Blues
1%
Homegrown Fantasy
1%
1e Hulp
6%
Hunters 24
0%
Hunters 37 (Coin)
0%
Kadinsky
1%
Kadinsky (Cum Laude)
0%
Kadinsky (Front Page)
0%
Katsu
3%
420/de Kuil
4%
Club Media
3%
Mellow Yellow
1%
The Noon
0%
Paradox
5%
Picasso
0%
Prix D'Ami
1%
Resin
0%
Rookies
1%
Rusland
1%
Siberie
2%
La Tertulia
1%
Tweede Kamer
2%
Utopia
8%
Voyagers
15%
Yo-Yo
1%

Total votes: 1262

hi-420tours

Re: Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

Post by hi-420tours »

Coffee shop Voyagers. Best Kosher Place.Good Weed.Good Staff. of Course. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coffee shop utopia. Good RooR Bong 35cm or 40cm. :P :P :P

Coffee shop 1e Hulp Big Shop.Good weed. :D :D :D

Amsterdaaam
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

I went with Hill Street Blues (now Hill Street Booze) Green Place and Voyagers. HSB was the first CS I ever visited. Being more of a drinker in my early visits I tended to go to places where I could have a few drinks and a few jibs, preferred the atmosphere and still do. Although I don't drink that much nowadays I still love the vibe in here and the coffee and hot choc so if they would just let you smoke in the bar this place would be hopping again.

Found the Green Place in 2010 I think and Headband was one of my first purchases, sent me to swanlakeland :) The Twizzla was great that trip so since then it has been the first place I go to when I arrive. Always great variety on their menu. The 7 euro strains are good if you enjoy them early and smoke like Lemon OG and Shoreline are consistently good. Outside of one horrible BT I have little bad to say about this place.

First came across Voyagers in 2002, some girl trying to flog us a room. Brought us over and they were full. Kinda typical of the place at that time. As I usually stay on Warmoesstraat I passed by this place many times and it always looked more like an opium den to me than a coffee shop. It has only been the last year or 2 that I have ventured in there and the Notorious OG was the reason it made it on to the list. Good location, much better vibe in there now, last BT that served me was a girl and she was great plus good weed pushed Voyagers onto the list ahead of Amnesia, Paradox, 1e Hulp and the Grey Area (love their Casey Jones). Still so many places I haven't been to, Bij, De Graal and Funkey Monkey to name a few, even places like Barneys and Greenhouse I've never passed through. Plenty to see over the coming months I suppose :D

Giddy Up!
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

I gave it some thought and I'm amending my vote - Utopia and Voyagers stay because they just can't be denied for me.

The change is from 1e Hulp to Anyday. On my last trip, the product and service from 1e really wasn't any better than pretty much anywhere else I went (despite it still probably being my favourite coffeeshop to hang out in because of layout/decor). On the other hand, the service at Anyday was super friendly and personal every time I went in, which kept bringing me back, and I couldn't pick fault at all with the product bar the fact that it had centrum prices. The space upstairs with the verdampers was so lovely and the other customers in there were always friendly and made conversation!
Off is the new on
Papi

Post by Papi »

banshee beat wrote:I gave it some thought and I'm amending my vote - Utopia and Voyagers stay because they just can't be denied for me.

The change is from 1e Hulp to Anyday. On my last trip, the product and service from 1e really wasn't any better than pretty much anywhere else I went (despite it still probably being my favourite coffeeshop to hang out in because of layout/decor). On the other hand, the service at Anyday was super friendly and personal every time I went in, which kept bringing me back, and I couldn't pick fault at all with the product bar the fact that it had centrum prices. The space upstairs with the verdampers was so lovely and the other customers in there were always friendly and made conversation!

+1

Nothing to add, sir:) That's why i love Anyday since my first visit in Amsterdam
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
dasvinci

Post by dasvinci »

1e hulp
voyagers
grey area
:)
Pack up your bowls!Prepare your nails!

https://www.facebook.com/HerbUtopia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KrazeUK

Post by KrazeUK »

1st - Paradox
2nd - 1e Hulp
3rd - Voyagers

:)
“Everything is better with a bag of weed.”

Stewie Griffin
jonnydongle

Post by jonnydongle »

1=Sheeba....excellent weed/prices very welcoming place and the best hot chocolate in Dam...

2=Jolly joker....very freindly guy behing bar good chilling place...

3=New times....good weed/prices the young lad that served us could not do enough for us...this is one of those cs that the hours just fly by because its so relaxed...
Knowledge is power....
whisx

Post by whisx »

These are bound to chance after every visit. I don't like to rate places i've been to only 1nce, but lets say

1. Amnesia - I haven't been over in several years, but it used to be awesome at least. Pink Floyd used to be awesome too, but now it's ruined (Dampkring 2).
2. Bluebird - Location & menu & sofas
3. HSB or Greenhouse Central

There are way many shops I haven't yet been to.
Trips to Dam since 2005: 11 8)
MK Ultra

Post by MK Ultra »

I'd probably go with Amnesia at one, primarily for it's pre-Barney's takeover/makeover days. Back then it always seemed to have to coolest strains and the quality was ace. I think the main bud tender was called Cissy? It's still a very decent shop, still always start my trip there. Was there last spring, sat outside (amazing location!) smoking a very nice bit of temple ball and sour diesel. Service was great and while I preferred the older, slightly lower key decor, it's a nice, clean coffeeshop.

In terms of just pure quality of smoke, I'd have to include the Grey Area. From the first visit I made to Amsterdam in 1997 and every time since, this place has consistently provided shit hot quality, amazing strains and unusual varieties of flavours. I've never, ever stayed there and smoked, but I reckon I've smoked about 30 or 40 of their strains over the years. Amazing weed! Always the second place I call in to score, still.

Thirdly I'd say Voyagers. Thanks to this forum, I checked it out when I started visiting Amsterdam again last year. Just a great coffeeshop. A relatively short menu of the the highest quality smoke, lots of interesting varieties and stuff you just don't see on other menus. The staff clearly have great pride and enthusiasm in what they do. A nice, chilled vibe in the shop. Very decent tunes, mostly (and I am a fussy motherfucker when it comes to that!) and the coffee's passable. If you like good smoke and new strains, this place is a must.

Others I really rate: Utopia (great weed, great staff), Dampkring (for the smoke alone), Anyday (never bought a bad smoke from that place), 420 Cafe (or as I like to call it, De Kuil - see below) and because I like to buy hash: Greenhouse and occasionally Kadinsky.

Looking forward to checking out The Green Place and 1e Hulp next time.

Ones I miss: Rokerij at the top of Singel (Christmas Pollen in the heated terrace looking out across the canal. Bliss!), De Kuil (when it was still called that, had beer and a pool table), Pink Floyd (early morning Ummagumma on Haarlemerstraat), the old Sensi Seeds Coffeeshop (stopped selling weed 98/99, I think?) right on the edge of the RLD? Had massive windows on the corner of the street. Amazing place to get bazinga-ed watching the madness outside. Really nice upstairs bit, too.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

MK Ultra wrote:I'd probably go with Amnesia at one, primarily for it's pre-Barney's takeover/makeover days. Back then it always seemed to have to coolest strains and the quality was ace. I think the main bud tender was called Cissy? It's still a very decent shop, still always start my trip there. Was there last spring, sat outside (amazing location!) smoking a very nice bit of temple ball and sour diesel. Service was great and while I preferred the older, slightly lower key decor, it's a nice, clean coffeeshop.

In terms of just pure quality of smoke, I'd have to include the Grey Area. From the first visit I made to Amsterdam in 1997 and every time since, this place has consistently provided shit hot quality, amazing strains and unusual varieties of flavours. I've never, ever stayed there and smoked, but I reckon I've smoked about 30 or 40 of their strains over the years. Amazing weed! Always the second place I call in to score, still.

Thirdly I'd say Voyagers. Thanks to this forum, I checked it out when I started visiting Amsterdam again last year. Just a great coffeeshop. A relatively short menu of the the highest quality smoke, lots of interesting varieties and stuff you just don't see on other menus. The staff clearly have great pride and enthusiasm in what they do. A nice, chilled vibe in the shop. Very decent tunes, mostly (and I am a fussy motherfucker when it comes to that!) and the coffee's passable. If you like good smoke and new strains, this place is a must.

Others I really rate: Utopia (great weed, great staff), Dampkring (for the smoke alone), Anyday (never bought a bad smoke from that place), 420 Cafe (or as I like to call it, De Kuil - see below) and because I like to buy hash: Greenhouse and occasionally Kadinsky.

Looking forward to checking out The Green Place and 1e Hulp next time.

Ones I miss: Rokerij at the top of Singel (Christmas Pollen in the heated terrace looking out across the canal. Bliss!), De Kuil (when it was still called that, had beer and a pool table), Pink Floyd (early morning Ummagumma on Haarlemerstraat), the old Sensi Seeds Coffeeshop (stopped selling weed 98/99, I think?) right on the edge of the RLD? Had massive windows on the corner of the street. Amazing place to get bazinga-ed watching the madness outside. Really nice upstairs bit, too.
Yeah Amnesia was great back in the day! Loved the old decor too!! Cissy was the owner.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@Mk-Ultra

German Sissy, owner of Amnesia, is married to Derry, owner of the Barneys chain as far as I know.

Since then Amnesia's menu is pretty similar to Barneys.
RedeyeJedi

Post by RedeyeJedi »

I just came back from Amsterdam yesterday :)

1. Prix D'Ami - Weed OK, Food & Service Amazing, Comfort 10/10 if you don't mind waiting for a day-bed in the 3D cinema room. No cons :)

2. Green Place - Weed Amazing (Rolex OG), Music 10/10. Cons: Very busy most of the day.

3. Katsu - Weed OK (Very Cheap), Traditional Amsterdam Coffeeshop in a great location near heineken brewery away from all the hustle and bustle of central Amsterdam. Cons: Bike rental
Damamhigh.....
dridri78

Post by dridri78 »

I go in Amsterdam next week and I don't have 18 years old and I would to Know if in all coffee shops they ask idendity card ?????

PS : I Will have 18 years old in november

Thank you
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

yes, they are very strict, you will not be allowed in without ID. Sorry mate. Wait till November.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

dridri78 wrote:I go in Amsterdam next week and I don't have 18 years old and I would to Know if in all coffee shops they ask idendity card ?????

PS : I Will have 18 years old in november

Thank you
you are carded in almost every place if you are young, Did you know that the coffeeshop would lose their license if they are caught selling to someone underage? That's kind of selfish on your part - don't ya think?