The Plug XXX (formerly Rusland)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rusland

I like Rusland
84%
I don't like Rusland
16%

Total votes: 63

T MON€Y

The Plug XXX (formerly Rusland)

Post by T MON€Y »

ACD Page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Rusland.html

Ok,

I've never been to Rusland, but am really interested in checking it out, and hadn't found anything on the forum about it, like whats the menu like, or if anyone could share their experiences,

Cheers!

commie

Post by commie »

My absolute favorite shop to hang out in.

The weed is a B+, the hash is a little better.

But the feel of the place is really nice. The lights are good, not over the top. Nice tunes mostly.

2 E toasties and 2 E shakes.....love the display case of bongs.

I go there when I want to relax and socialize. Its never too crowded, and it feels more local without alienating the tourists.
"It's right to rebel"----Mao Zedong
Paco

Post by Paco »

Nice location but it seems to be that they have always the same weed.The weed was good/not to bad.The guy behind the counter was quite and very discret.
jim and sonja

RUSLAND

Post by jim and sonja »

This coffeeshop is well worth looking for,located on rusland hence the name. Very chilled out place good decor with staff to match. Went to buy a drink then saw how many different kinds of tea they sell (43 in total) . Try their super polm, best smoke of our last trip will always visit here whenever in the dam.
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

I just love Rusland. It's a little difficult to find, but if you go south from the Sensi Museum Coffeeshop, walking on the Oudezijds Achterburgwal, you will find it on the left, 1-2 streets down, on a street called Rusland.

The tea selection is the best in the city. Mrs. C.J. says the coffee milkshake warrants a 10/10. We smoked the Santa Maria, AK-47 and NLX from Rusland, all in the 6-7 euro range, all fine smoke. And the place is just pleasant.

As an aside, to Americans who watch "Passport to Europe" on The Travel Channel, Rusland is the coffeeshop featured in the 2004 show about Amsterdam (which is replayed regularly).
Orcadian

Post by Orcadian »

Their three euro a gram hash was good value , I went back for more another day .
Hitonda_Obong

Rusland - not very good gear

Post by Hitonda_Obong »

Other reviewers seem to like this place a bit, but mostly on the basis of ambience, drinks, low price, etc. To each their own.
I rate coffee-shops primarily on the gear and the bud-tenders. And, this place just doesn't make the cut. I bought the best hash they had, something called NLIce or similar at 8 euro a gram. From the name I suspected it was made from Northern Lights. I asked the bud-tender whether the hash was from a sativa or an indica or some mix. His comment was "this is hash and indica or sativa is not relevant". B.S.
Anyway, it was the worst hash I ever bought in Amsterdam. Actually not worth smoking given so much better could be found.

Too many far better places to go to...
lidodude

Not bad....really

Post by lidodude »

Coffeeshop: Rusland
Date of visit: 11/19/2006
Rating: It was alright

I really liked the way this Coffeeshop was laid out. This a nice multi-level bar with a very pub like atmosphere. We didn’t stay long here and their cup entry was the worst hash I tried during our whole stay. One note of interest, in the downstairs chill room they had a showcase full of blown glass pieces are were really top notch work. I’d like to go back and give this place a longer visit and try some of their other products.
Weemanio

Post by Weemanio »

it really is a lottery
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

We stayed here for about half an hour, there were no other customers except us.
The dealer and the woman who made the Vaporizer ready for us were both very friendly and helpful. A friend of us tried their Vulcano and he really liked it. I like the fact, that you don`t have to pay to use the Vaporizer, you only have to buy some weed from them to use it. We bought "White Haze" from them for 11€ and it was really worth the money, great smell and a fresh/fruity taste. Our friend who used the vaporizer also bought some "Ice", and after they tried it in a bong in Mellow Yellow they said it was like real ice in your throat, like eating a fishermens friend ;)
Very cool shop, good for bigger groups as well, also took a photo of their menu if you want to see it:
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

On a side note, I tried some White Russian (white widow x AK47) laste nite, not in the Dam but Colorado grown. Really strong stuff if you like an indica with quick punch, but don't plan on doing much after smoking it. I'd consider dropping by Rusland and checking their stock of this strain. If done properly, it might be a nice smoke for hanging out in museums with. But it's not very social weed.
Kenny dope Smoker

Post by Kenny dope Smoker »

I've been in Rusland once, on my last trip, had to try the 9E ic-o-lator, but it was dissapionting, not very strong at all, but the morrocan blonde was quite nice.

The decor and atmos is quite dark, but nice and chilled.
Anyway I bought the weed and went upstairs and sat down to roll one, then i noticed the muchy bar, OMG!!!

I'm going to be content up here I thought, and smoked on for the next 2 hours before proceeding to raid the muchy bar, wicked!

Kenny
for god sakes steer clear of the bulldog & Smokey!
mauiwowee

Rusland 0wns

Post by mauiwowee »

nice vibes, locals. few tourists not too bad either.

got an excellent pre-rolled pure today, as well as a solid inexpensive diesel

prices listed in the travelogue
Last edited by mauiwowee on Sun 7th Feb 2010 02:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Great staff, decent place but i dont rate the weed one bit. I voted yes as its a good venue with good staff.
Worth at least one visit in your lifetime :)
doobydave

Post by doobydave »

Used to like it, but the weed my mate bought there back in june tasted rancid due to fertiliser. Also, the 'NL ice' i bought there was cut.