The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

AzLaker

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by AzLaker »

It's probably been mentioned before, but all I want to do is sit in a nice coffeeshop (I don't care which one), smoke some good cannabis that taste good, burns clean, and doesn't cost me a sh*t load of money to enjoy it. Plenty of good ones left :mrgreen: , you just have to look a little harder now I guess.

AzLaker
8)

If you never do, you'll never know.
macky

Post by macky »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 05:13 pm
WLow wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 05:05 pm Nobody never mention what strain they tried, it's just cali. :D
I tried many states weed like mimosa, gelato or even ghost train haze from rare dankness in colorado, it's
good weed but when you had numerous strains over decades you know that it's all hype.

Having a sealed bag labeled from a shop in the states and buying "Cali" from a coffeshop in amsterdam is a total different thing. If you really think that what the plug sell 35€ comes from us your just naive.
Nah I see reasoning behind your skepticism but I fully trust that 90%+ of what the Plug markets (for all their faults) Cali import is rightfully labeled as such, the crews they work directly with (Cali Connected) definitely are and they wouldn't put their name if affiliation with something that wasn't.
Cali connection is a seed collectove ,now if crocket family farm was behind it I mite believe it.
The fact that Portgage has same or better climate then golden triangle,me thinks trucks from there are brining it in .Very hard to inport large weight of weed
WLow

Post by WLow »

Yeah cali connected, i would not buy that weed but if it's genuine cali then...

What i was willing to try is what comes from the plug seedbank, when they were selling spumoni, i asked i friend to get some but they never had it in stock.

@macky it's not the same people and crocket has nothing to do with swerve

few years ago you could had some real "Cali Connection" Tahoe Og grown by swerve we are doomed :evil: :lol:
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

RoMoney wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 08:09 am This, I agree they are trying to do. As I said before, the old ceiling of 18/g for GSC in Barneys has been raised considerably with the Cali introduction. I'm just amazed at the amount of outraged people who have never actually tried the stuff.
Woot, we have common ground! :D

I remember a few years ago when Nel still worked @ Utopia them getting a little batch of some US import, iirc it was €16/g when the next most expensive thing on the menu was in the €13-€14 range, and that seemed a not-unreasonable markup both for how it smoked and what its origins apparently were. The sort of markup being sought now however, in increasing numbers of shops in the city on what seems like a daily basis, is pretty disturbing imho.

I'd happily bet that most of those offerings have absolutely not been imported from California, just considering the logistics and risk/reward of smuggling large quantities of flower into Holland from the US West Coast (as opposed to elsewhere in mainland Europe if not domestic grown) makes that seem unlikely; for every reputable shop that might actually be selling genuine imported product (of which the Plug could be one, I really don't know and I'm certain the average CS customer won't have a clue), we all should know from long experience in the city that ten more shops will be laughing all the way to the bank as they just relabel their better usual product and sell it for double the price while ensuring their traditional, already-quite-expensive-enough strains are unappealing scraps, or even better for them, just not "in stock" at all.

Ultimately it would all be about individual choice ofc, if someone wants to pay €30/g for weed that shouldn't be any of my business, but where it becomes so is if those choices start limiting or changing my own; at least in the Plug's case on my last visit it did kinda seem that's already happening and I don't really like that at all.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Not_the_monk wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 05:50 pm for every reputable shop that might actually be selling genuine imported product (of which the Plug could be one, I really don't know and I'm certain the average CS customer won't have a clue), we all should know from long experience in the city that ten more shops will be laughing all the way to the bank as they just relabel their better usual product and sell it for double the price while ensuring their traditional, already-quite-expensive-enough strains are unappealing scraps, or even better for them, just not "in stock" at all.
That!

Dunno about the quality or origin of the Plug's products, but other shops are most deffo doing this trick, some even give you a nice clue right on their menu. Remember the shop that offered a free coffee if you returned the glass the "Cali import" you just bought was in?
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Not_the_monk wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 05:50 pm
RoMoney wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 08:09 am This, I agree they are trying to do. As I said before, the old ceiling of 18/g for GSC in Barneys has been raised considerably with the Cali introduction. I'm just amazed at the amount of outraged people who have never actually tried the stuff.
Woot, we have common ground! :D

I remember a few years ago when Nel still worked @ Utopia them getting a little batch of some US import, iirc it was €16/g when the next most expensive thing on the menu was in the €13-€14 range, and that seemed a not-unreasonable markup both for how it smoked and what its origins apparently were. The sort of markup being sought now however, in increasing numbers of shops in the city on what seems like a daily basis, is pretty disturbing imho.

I'd happily bet that most of those offerings have absolutely not been imported from California, just considering the logistics and risk/reward of smuggling large quantities of flower into Holland from the US West Coast (as opposed to elsewhere in mainland Europe if not domestic grown) makes that seem unlikely; for every reputable shop that might actually be selling genuine imported product (of which the Plug could be one, I really don't know and I'm certain the average CS customer won't have a clue), we all should know from long experience in the city that ten more shops will be laughing all the way to the bank as they just relabel their better usual product and sell it for double the price while ensuring their traditional, already-quite-expensive-enough strains are unappealing scraps, or even better for them, just not "in stock" at all.

Ultimately it would all be about individual choice ofc, if someone wants to pay €30/g for weed that shouldn't be any of my business, but where it becomes so is if those choices start limiting or changing my own; at least in the Plug's case on my last visit it did kinda seem that's already happening and I don't really like that at all.
Again pisstake prices or not, I'm quite confident (even as the cynical skeptic I often am) that their's is from Cali.

Sorry others will refute but there's an aesthetic, bud structure and aroma profile that I have not seen successfully replicated by UK, Dutch or Spanish growers. Call it anecdotal call it whatever the fuck you want (and mind you I am not all on the Plug's side in this tiff) but I maintain absolute confidence in my correctness here, thank you very much!!!
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

i've been lucky enough to visit cali - la a good few times over the last 12 years and what i have smoked over the last 2 visits [2015=2016]
was exceptional but so was the price as an englander....but was always worth it

i dont doubt its good in mokum but if anyone thinks in these days of red terror alert they are importing tons a month you are buzzing

coming through lax is like visiting a max security prisoner

its just a shame but maybe soon as other posters have said the ceiling comes down on the prices

i remember nel in 2012 had la white fire and it was the shit 16 a gram as someoneone else stated

still soon it will be canada 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I defo accept (in fact human nature dictates) there will be some Coffeeshops trying to flog non-Cali as Cali, but to Nugs point, the stuff is quite distinctive.

I'm quite surprised though by the general lack of faith in the skills of the international drug cartels and Coffeeshops. They have literally been illegally importing drugs for years from all over the world, it's an integral part of their business model.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
macky

Post by macky »

RoMoney wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 07:24 pm I defo accept (in fact human nature dictates) there will be some Coffeeshops trying to flog non-Cali as Cali, but to Nugs point, the stuff is quite distinctive.

I'm quite surprised though by the general lack of faith in the skills of the international drug cartels and Coffeeshops. They have literally been illegally importing drugs for years from all over the world, it's an integral part of their business model.
cartels do ,but it,s coke less weight bigger margins .
My reason not to be that easy.
If it was that easy then B.C. bud would have come there years ago and I say this will all my 40years of smoking
Amsterdam CS weed is know where close ,terpentenes profile etc.
Every sense Holland cracked down on hydroponic grow equipment the weed is weak soil grown.Sad as they where leaders ,Cali connection is a group of San Fran Bay Area breeders any one can buy seeds including every OG under the sun.
P.S. Cali connection sells mostly fem seeds ,a better Cali breeder TGA seeds ,sub cool .Who on other hand sells seeds witch they would like to be crossed and move breeding forward not copy right seeds :wink:
WLow

Post by WLow »

I will post it again,

cali connection has nothing to do with cali connected.
WLow

Post by WLow »

Swerve is the creator of purple chemdog that is going around amsterdam, he got busted for growing in 2013 because of his girlfriend, he's a weed warrior.

cali connection seeds made many new strains romoney smokes
macky

Post by macky »

WLow wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 10:20 pm Swerve is the creator of purple chemdog that is going around amsterdam, he got busted for growing in 2013 because of his girlfriend, he's a weed warrior.

cali connection seeds made many new strains romoney smokes
swerve has over 50ty Cannibis cup wins with his gentics ,if that means anything ?
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Swerve the haymaker :lol: :lol: Tahoe and black water, will never forget that shite. Has the king of Cali released a bobble head yet? Not a king until you have your own bobble head. :wink: :lol: :lol:

And why is he called swerve, coz the fucker swerves answering why my seeds have hermied and why it tastes like hay. :shock: :? :lol:
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Post by Frankie_cheeseboy ;) »

AzLaker wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 05:32 pm It's probably been mentioned before, but all I want to do is sit in a nice coffeeshop (I don't care which one), smoke some good cannabis that taste good, burns clean, and doesn't cost me a sh*t load of money to enjoy it. Plenty of good ones left :mrgreen: , you just have to look a little harder now I guess.

AzLaker
8)
Same
WLow

Post by WLow »

Kermit wrote: Wed 19th Sep 2018 12:32 am Swerve the haymaker :lol: :lol: Tahoe and black water, will never forget that shite. Has the king of Cali released a bobble head yet? Not a king until you have your own bobble head. :wink: :lol: :lol:

And why is he called swerve, coz the fucker swerves answering why my seeds have hermied and why it tastes like hay. :shock: :? :lol:
You so easy :lol:

mashed cunt like kermit would be hollow.

i have some great san fernado valley, many help me