De Os (Leeuwarden)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate De Os

I like De Os
100%
I don't like De Os
No votes

Total votes: 6

Quazer

Re: De Os (Leeuwarden)

Post by Quazer »

Went to only one shop in Leeuwarden during a road trip in 2003. It was called America or something like that. It was the only one we saw while walking down the center with the canal in the middle. Very weird menu with 4 or 5 different White Widow crosses and a few different hashes back then. We only bought some hash but it wasn't memorable. Good to know that there is decent weed also.

KayaIndica

Post by KayaIndica »

Yup. Relax was the name!
Nothing But Spirit
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Well my trip to Leeuwarden this summer was enhanced by making a visit here, we went in the morning that we were leaving town before we caught the train down to Amsterdam. The shop opens at 11am and we were there a little before so sat on a bench about fifty meters away, a small que started to form with the guy at the front banging on the door (obviously desperate for his morning joint), the staff did not relent to his pressure and opened up bang on 11 o'clock. We made our way over to the shop and joined the back of the que for the people buying the product; when I got to the front I was greeted by a warm smile from the lady bud tender, I bought the top end hash called royal something, my memory fails me, but I remember the product very well. It was a light sand coloured hash that easily broke up in to light a fluffy powder, it had a lovely taste and a nice balanced effect, I wish I could get more hash as good as this for a mere €12 a gram, I should have bought more.

We moved deeper into the shop and bought some coffees from the bar, before going into the smoking room at the back of the shop, we sat down at the end of a large table. As I rolled a joint the table started to fill with locals who sat and chatted amongst themselves, my dutch is not great by it was obvious that they were talking about football and kept coming back to the subject of how shit England were the night before, we kept our mouths closed despite not being the biggest football fans where too were ashamed by how abject the performance was. Over all the atmosphere was warm and welcoming, but our time soon ran short and we headed out to the station.

A great Coffeeshop and an asset to the lovely town of Leeuwarden, I will return for a third visit one day and I sincerely hope that this place will still be going strong.
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

July, 2016:

Of course this was a must see! Bright and airy medium sized place on two levels with about fifty to sixty seats. Ground floor there was a smoking room with just one of these inviting big tables beside the bar area where you are only allowed to smoke pure and buy your wares(also displayed behind glass).
On the first level there is another one beside other options of seats. Sort of arty feel when it comes to decoration and stuff! Spontaneously and hilariously reminded me of coffeeshops Zero Zero(no big fan though)in Arnhem and even Heaven of 69(nice place for hanging out) in Maastricht. Not sure if anyone can relate though :lol: ! Could also get away with being described as a gallery.
Mostly spent our time chatting to the tenders while blazing away our purchases. Only shop we returned to twice this day for good reason, agree a top place!

Menuwise they had six strains of weed, three moroccans, one nepalese, one kashmir(16€?/g)and 'Cream'(16€/g)as 'Manali'(16€/g). Got some moroccan(8,5€) for taste as recommended by the budtendress which was good enough classic gear but their classic 'Hia'(10€/g)was better.
Miami's on the other hand was a touch better in my humble opinion.
Curious about the Cream which I thought was of moroccan descent of an other genepool but all budtenders asked on that day were not sure about it, they were saying 'probably from Nepal'.
Had some arguments in a very funny way there, classy people :) ! Only to find out the next day as a wake and bake taste- and effectwise it's probably(clear as fuck) indeed a damn Nepalese :twisted: :lol: . Remember we even compared it side-by-side on look and smell with their Manali which is excellent high grade too but please still keep them away from me. Could have sworn it was one of these moroccan hashes with nepalese respectively indian background I had from Kadinsky or Original Dampkring(some batches of 'Sensabille' if remembered correctly). Not regret anything though about visiting this fine place, quite the opposite :D !
(from: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31514&p=396556#p396556 )
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

Best coffeeshop ever on my tour through Friesland! I did not have much time but I got AMAZING STUFF here. Durban landrace for I think 4,50€/g and Neville's Haze for... I don't remember, maybe 10€/g. Different of course but both best stuff I ever smoked! Light & inspiring & really high & trippy.

Could anyone of the locals do me a favor and take a picture of the recent stuff they sell? I will be on journeys soon again, would be cool to know what they have at the moment.
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

Hey Kay Noosh,

I don't think you'll find more recent information about CS menus in Leeuwarden than the ones I posted there .

Sadly the instagram account was closed, CS outside of Amsterdam are rarely OK with people taking pictures of the menu so I'm not surprised. If you have some news, please share it! Despite living like 1h30 away by car I haven't visited Leeuwarden yet...
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

Nootram wrote: Fri 29th Jun 2018 02:15 pm Hey Kay Noosh,

I don't think you'll find more recent information about CS menus in Leeuwarden than the ones I posted there .

Sadly the instagram account was closed, CS outside of Amsterdam are rarely OK with people taking pictures of the menu so I'm not surprised. If you have some news, please share it! Despite living like 1h30 away by car I haven't visited Leeuwarden yet...
Thanks for the interesting pics & information, Nootram!
In case I'll be there I'll try to remember the menues and post them...
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

OMG THEY HAVE DANISH OUTDOORS !! only 4.20 a gram
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

LOL! That's a first, at least from what we've heard! :) Well, acutally saw some stellar looking danish outdoor at Christiania not long ago (nothing like the canadian magic a certain Mr. M grows, but for northern EU really impressive), so guess the extremely hot summer has payed off in more ways than one for some people up here... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
gapie

Post by gapie »

RvanSteensel wrote: Tue 11th Sep 2018 02:26 pm OMG THEY HAVE DANISH OUTDOORS !! only 4.20 a gram
and goooooooooood .......... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :arrow: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

ofcourse
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

pretty much reminded me of last visit
all the 8-11$ weed looks pretty mids , good outdoor weed tho
had 3 grades of marrocan , took the best , was really unique