Bulldog Palace

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bulldog

I liked the Bulldog
41%
I disliked the Bulldog
59%

Total votes: 107

n

Bulldog Palace

Post by n »

this is an awesome place from my experience, their bulldog coffee was really good (hot chocolate mixed with espresso and topped off with a mountain of whipped cream and coco powder)

the weed was crap, bring your own and smoke it, but I liked the atmosphere, plus it was close to my hotel, which was a bonus, great place to get blazed and stumble back home at the end of the night, come to think of it that was the major selling point for me

the bartender (long black hair) was polite and had fast service and was very grateful for the tips

oh and the pancake place next door was a HUGE bonus

I know there are several different bulldog's but the one I'm referring to is the Palace.

scooberu

Post by scooberu »

ive found this place to be terrible, their weed was ******* **** and their staff just looked like they didnt care. heard somewhere on here that they received racist treatment so out of principle i wont enter another one ever again and will try and ruin their business to the full extent, theres no room for racists in this day and age. on that cheer full note
peace out
Member No.45 Show some Respect
Paco

Post by Paco »

I dont understand why people like this crowdy and commercial places.I mean they sell only one weed strain and on their menu card they have more than only one strain...?The weed is the same and the taste too.

What a rip off. :(
Firefly315

Post by Firefly315 »

I walked by this place, and it looked so overcrowded and loud. It certainly would have been a waste of time to do more than look at it for a minute!
Cathleen
glock23

Post by glock23 »

lol, the palace location is great. i walked in there with a spliff of white widow between my lips and bought a couple of loozas. smoked looking out over leidseplein with a girl I'd just met. pretty good. didn't try their smoke ;)
thetronald

Post by thetronald »

Kind of a strange place to chill and smoke; not horrible, but not comfortable either. The place was too narrow and the air exchange was poor, so it was a little hard to breathe in there. I was not impressed with the quality of the bud at all - €12 for 1.8 grams of Top 44, which probably was the 44th best strain in Amsterdam afterall. The service was sort of friendly. I wouldn't recommend this coffeeshop...there were several other better ones.
Grrl_Interrupted

Post by Grrl_Interrupted »

The worst type of hole available to Amsterdammers; little wonder they often appear to be a bit dismissive of Brits.

Commercial, noisy, substandard, devoid of ambience and soul, and full of pasty white flesh; if that was my crack, I'd go down the High Street on a Saturday night :lol:

Don't get it at all. Sorry.
Bhang Buddie
Location: toking on the 420 bus, goin furthur and gettin higher

Bullshit

Post by Bhang Buddie »

'Bullshit' - That should be the name of this place and the same can be said of the G-arse-hopper, huge and soul less.
Boner

Post by Boner »

IS this the one on the Leidseplein? If so then I've got to say I liked it, we had to find somewhere fast to watch the Champions League final and luckily there was a couple of seats.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
cheese

Post by cheese »

hey boner, yeah this is the one in the leidseplein..

this was actually my very first coffeeshop in amsterdam.. i didnt read much on what was popular or whatever so i didnt have any expectations walking in.. my first trip to amsterdam i landed at 5:00 AM.. was at my hotel before 7. i was staying at the NH amsterdam centre right in the leidseplein area. I couldnt sleep cause i was so damn excited so i walked over to the closest thing. nothing else was open so i just walked right in. ordered some white widow and some hash. not sure what kind. as it was my first shop i loved the place.. but after seeing others i sorta didnt think much of it.. but no real negative reviews from me.

also on my trip in feb 2008, i sat in the glassed in patio and watched the people in the leidseplein go by.. i brought my own this time.. some blueberry haze from the noon.
' Smoke em if you got em '
no9

Post by no9 »

bulldog coffeshops suck imho.
I was in palace, but didnt buy nothing there.
While the two coffeshops in the redlight suck also.
One looks like a freakin postcard while the other pumps rave music all day long wich hutrs my old ears :S
nytvd

Post by nytvd »

definitely better places to go, but once i sat outside and smoked, watching the world go by, the location is amazing if you can smoke it outside.
Religion Race Color Creed... Whatever
ga

cantwait

Post by ga »

do it sold presaled?
wiggsdannyboy

Post by wiggsdannyboy »

First time at the Bulldog Palace I did not like it, second time I liked it a lot. especially liked sitting at a table on the sidewalk smoking one of their bongs.
irishstonedscouser

bulldog

Post by irishstonedscouser »

i've gotta say just lack every1 else
weed is crap bring ur own but had some laughs in der some guy walkng around in circules looking 4 the bog he ate 2 many shrooms :?