Johnny

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Johnny

I like Johnny
No votes
I don't like Johnny
No votes

Total votes: 0

kushy

Re: Coffeeshop Johnny

Post by kushy »

Strawberry Haze Block is down to 6,50 p/g, just a promotion apparently, no decline in quality, bargain!

Also tried the Johnny's Harvest (topshelf super silver haze) 11p/g, lovely flavour and potent!

kibby

Re: Johnny

Post by kibby »

Decided to give place another go after perfume laced weed last time, the fact they take Mastercard sealed the deal.

The Johnnys Harvest is indeed scintillating, they have dropped the price to ten guilders. I queried dealer if was same batch and he said it was even better, lol. As a huge fan of silver haze, this is up there with best samples I've tried. Absolutely coated in white trichomes, definitely not been spun, with a lush taste to match.

And the high, it was first thing I tried and the blast was fucking incredible, just opened my head right up with beautiful thoughts, proper clarity. 8.5/10

Top of their hashish list was a Rifman hash for 10.50 but was sold out so went for next which was titled the 'Kaviar of pollen' - the marketing department amused me so much I bought 2g but yet to sample.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Johnny dated February 12, 2019. Kudos Dreaminjection.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Johnny/Menus/Johnny.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I asked the friendly female budtender what she can recommend from their hashes atm. She showed me a hash called Tropical Haze block (7,50€/g) or something like that. Looked good for the price but I asked if I could take a look on their OG kush hash and Rif Premium (10,50€/g). OG Kush wasn´t in stock atm but the Rif Premium was... pretty blonde moroccan hash that had a nice spicy sweet smell to it... well when I read "Rif Premium" on their menu I was thinking of a different looking hash but the nice smell made me going for it :D

Rif Premium (10,50€/g) - Like said before a pretty blonde polm like hash with a nice sweet spicy smell. The smell wasn´t super strong but really pleasant to my nose yammi :D The hash bubbles nicely when touched by the flame. Effect is a nice smooth stoned. Overall a pretty good moroccan hash with a nice natural smell to it like it should be.

Their hash menu seems to target more on people who looking for good prices... the Rif Premium was their most expenisve hash with 10,50€/g...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Have to admit, always been aware of this spot and its indeterminate affiliation with Amsterdam Genetics, and even joined fellow ACDers in their coffeeshopping/crawl routes along here, however never made my own purchases here.
Went over the weekend for my first purchase trial as I've been on a bit of a haze hunt as of late. I miss haze as a daily driver smoke I've realized (still love my Cali bits but yeah), and the canal side doesn't really stock such wares these days.

I digress, the menus posted on here indicated they have quite an extensive haze selection and competitive prices - so naturally some of them have to be quite nice. First thing noticed stopping by the other day was there is now an Amsterdam Genetics sign hanging out front, interesting. I wonder

Their list of hazes is quite long, so in effort to save time and avoid budtender eye rolls I asked for his advice on best hazes, he showed me the Super Lemon, which was nice - "let me also see the Johnny's Harvest I said", only two tubs in and I immediately knew this was the one one, big frosty calyxy haze buds with that quintessential ever-so-sweet candied citrus nose that embodies everything I look for in a good haze. I took 1.5g and came back the next day for another 2.5g (repeat purchase), I keep shifting because most hazes around because most hazes around town are at least highly decent, but of what I've tried lately this is probably my new favorite - Johnny's Harvest "aka Super Silver Haze 2.0" as it's advertised on the menu, a nice proper haze with full sweet candied, lightly sharp and tangy citrus notes really coming through in the Vapcap.

In any matter, I'll be back for sure to sample more of their hazes and other bits as well.

Wondering what the level of integrations of the various shops with Amsterdam Genetics is:

Tier-I - Boerejongens (West, Centrum and Flagship) + Bij fully integrated (?)

Tier-II Johnny & DNA - mostly (possibly fully) integrated

Tier-III - Regine & Blue Tomato - the out of town options, never been so not sure.

Tier-IV - Tweede Kamer & Coffeeshop Amsterdam, sort of their own thing but also obviously collaborate heavily with AG (?)
macky

Post by macky »

@nugs that,s good to Know seeing it,s very close to apartment I have rented for 420.
My plan is to chase Haze this trip ,more Amniesia Haze :wink:
I found one shop so far That carries cinderella99 x Jack Herrer cross of Amniesia and it,s in Den Hague .
Have you checked the CS just over ferry to Noord ? I seen they have big selection of hazes .
I like Soma,s cut but it,s hard to find any with moisture left in the bud .
Roll on 420
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 1st Apr 2019 11:29 am Wondering what the level of integrations of the various shops with Amsterdam Genetics is:

Tier-III - Regine & Blue Tomato - the out of town options, never been so not sure.

Tier-IV - Tweede Kamer & Coffeeshop Amsterdam, sort of their own thing but also obviously collaborate heavily with AG (?)
I would say:

Tier I - Like you wrote

Tier II - DNA, Blue Tomato and Regine

Tier III - Johnny

Tier IV - Tweede Kamer and Coffeeshop Amsterdam

If I remeber right they said when we were invited for the block hash testing that Blue Tomato and Regine belongs to them... while Johnny is "only" owned by a friend from them...

Tweede Kamer and Coffeeshop Amsterdam have a kind of collaboration with AG... also talked to a budtender from Tweede kamer and it was important for her that they are seperated.

Well I am also not really sure on that topic...
kushy

Post by kushy »

Kush Block was nice for the price and they have Rif Shen******(?) for 7.50 p/g that pressed into a very light amber rosin, almost like flower rosin, very nice deep, complex high, a favourite of the bud lady apparently, very happy with that!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Marok21 wrote: Tue 2nd Apr 2019 07:23 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 1st Apr 2019 11:29 am Wondering what the level of integrations of the various shops with Amsterdam Genetics is:

I would say:

Tier I - Like you wrote

Tier II - DNA, Blue Tomato and Regine

Tier III - Johnny

Tier IV - Tweede Kamer and Coffeeshop Amsterdam

If I remeber right they said when we were invited for the block hash testing that Blue Tomato and Regine belongs to them... while Johnny is "only" owned by a friend from them...

Tweede Kamer and Coffeeshop Amsterdam have a kind of collaboration with AG... also talked to a budtender from Tweede kamer and it was important for her that they are seperated.

Well I am also not really sure on that topic...
Yes I do remember what they said. But the interior decor-style and the Amsterdam Genetics sign hung outside suggest that either they were lying, or things have changed. As far as I can tell only DNA (aside from the actual Boer shops) seems to be maybe more integrated than Johnny. Haven't been to Blue Tomato or Regine though.

At this point though, I think only the 2e Kamer/CS Amsterdam have some autonomy from the AG machine.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Super Silver Magic Haze Block (9€/g) - Pretty similar to the last batch I tried from Boerejongens. A crumbly dry made hash... this batch had maybe a little more oil content... the smell is kind of sweet lemony with earthy hints in it.... transfers good to the taste. A bit similar to the SSH Block from Boerejongens that I smoked a lot in the last year but the Super Silver Magic Haze Block has more indica in it. Overal a nice crumbly dry made hash that fits good to the hot weather atm :D well sometimes I prefer a high that has nearly none effect on the body (especially with that high temperatures) than I would go probably for SSH Block instead... on the other hand it´s sometimes nice to get some more relaxation 8)
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Johnny dated February 29, 2020. Thanks to John.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Johnny/Menus/Johnny.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Jonnys harvest 10 a g well worth it had a lot of different strains but a lot were just bland and didn't look good for 10 euro this is the one
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Menu update (11 March 2020)

AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »