Amnesia

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Amnesia

I like Amnesia
91%
I don't like Amnesia
9%

Total votes: 288

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Amnesia

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 19th Jan 2018 05:16 pm
1e Hulps headers are serif

Abraxas, Baba too and many more I'm sure.
What on earth made you wonder that?
The Abraxas and Baba menus are weirdly mixed. I should have remembered 1e Hulp, as they still use the same one from before the renovation, and that's been my first shop more often than not. It's the week of the redesign of the Guardian, with it's brand-new in-your-face serif font, so I suppose it's the sort of thing that's been on what one might diplomatically call my mind.

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 03:20 pm The Abraxas and Baba menus are weirdly mixed. I should have remembered 1e Hulp, as they still use the same one from before the renovation, and that's been my first shop more often than not. It's the week of the redesign of the Guardian, with it's brand-new in-your-face serif font, so I suppose it's the sort of thing that's been on what one might diplomatically call my mind.
Ah - I haven't seen the redesign yet. I'm deep in the northern sticks and we're not afforded such luxuries as moderate liberalism.

I can't help feeling that brands which employ serif fonts in headers are curated by designers that probably haven't studied typography in any great depth (or are making decisions based on form over function) as a font sporting serifs would be much more useful for body-copy where it would aid the legibity of small text.

I think this might well be the most off-topic a thread has ever been here. We should congratulate ourselves :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The website's been redesigned as well, with lots of colour: https://www.theguardian.com/uk

I think there's a place for serif, but not the way the Graun's done it, and not the way the menus do it.

Actually, I'm surprised there isn't more thread drift. We're stoners, after all.
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 03:54 pm
Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 03:20 pm The Abraxas and Baba menus are weirdly mixed. I should have remembered 1e Hulp, as they still use the same one from before the renovation, and that's been my first shop more often than not. It's the week of the redesign of the Guardian, with it's brand-new in-your-face serif font, so I suppose it's the sort of thing that's been on what one might diplomatically call my mind.
Ah - I haven't seen the redesign yet. I'm deep in the northern sticks and we're not afforded such luxuries as moderate liberalism.

I can't help feeling that brands which employ serif fonts in headers are curated by designers that probably haven't studied typography in any great depth (or are making decisions based on form over function) as a font sporting serifs would be much more useful for body-copy where it would aid the legibity of small text.

I think this might well be the most off-topic a thread has ever been here. We should congratulate ourselves :lol:
I just assumed there must be some good smoke over there at the moment :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 04:08 pm I just assumed there must be some good smoke over there at the moment :D
:lol:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Amnesia dated May 14, 2018. Thanks to SuperVM.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Amnesia/ ... nesia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Have Barneys just stopped bothering to develop new strains these days? That was a great menu, in 2012...
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

I was thinking the same myself!
WLow

Post by WLow »

Over the years many things happened to them, not sure everything is true or not so... anyway.
One of the person making seeds for them in spain work now for the "V Elementum" seeds crew he was promoting them at spannabis.

The latest cross from Barney's is on the menu posted by FlyBNight it's the Phantom Og.

I like Amnesia menu because they have exclusives sativas but not always on point am afraid, i remember first time they had that Amnesia Gangster cut, this was some amo on steroids was really strong :mrgreen:
but it never looked the same after that.
Junglist Movement

What is the story behind the gangster cut. Saw it pop up on A few menus!
WLow

Post by WLow »

It was supposed be a Amnesia x Neville Haze, dense rock hard nugs with that strong amo smell, made you sneeze when smoked :lol:
Junglist Movement

Ha right! I'll keep the ears open as well as the eyes next time I'm over... follow the sneezers!!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Amnesia dated August 19, 2018. Kudos to Super VM.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Amnesia/ ... nesia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
raramiiro

Post by raramiiro »

First experience of coffee shops, i try amnesia lemon and from a minute to another i was mindblowing. They show me some haze, lsd, and amnesia (one thing you can`t do in other coffee shops like the bulldog, 420, etc...) so I can choose what to smoke. Smoke some amnesia lemon, chill a little, and go walk around amsterdam, thats my recommendation for this coffee shop and for that strain. Good vibes!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

December, 2018:

Came here because of Grey Area was packed as mostly and we indeed even arrived here the moment it wasn't so busy which changed dramatically closely after we have been served.
Ok enough but sorta honest budtender admitted that this Yellow Lebanese(12€/g)I noticed on the menu is more of an uppish high ; which it was but compared to the version I had at shitty Kashmir Coffeeshop some time back it was tastier which reminded me of the full taste profiles of classic moroccan resin to some degree.
Also was shown Azila(15€/g). Got me that too. Dark brownish quality moroccan hasj of a type you don't see much anymore these days, earthish sorta taste and more on the stronger side when it comes to relaxing effects.