The Otherside

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Otherside

I like The Otherside
69%
I don't like The Otherside
31%

Total votes: 16

X

The Otherside

Post by X »

ACD Page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Otherside.html

coffeeshop forgotten in the Dam!!

well, I went to the dam last weekend, and as you may have heard from my travel log post, I went to the coffeeshop "The Otherside".. I was trying to find it on https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com but can't find it..

so here are the info if you want to add it:

Location: 6 Reguliersdwarsstraat(5 min walk from the coffeeshop "Smokey" and 30 seconds walk from the coffeeshop "ROkerij III").

photo: Image

I don't have much more info as I didn't know that it wasn't on this site.. and as I didn't know, I only took a picture of their sign.. not of the whole coffeeshop.. we'll get it for you guys next time! :)

and about what I thought of it, I liked it a lot.. its quite small and is all white - looks like a british tea house in reality (the architecture inside I mean..). they have a wide variety of hashs, and a good amounts of weeds. check it all on their website.. honnestly worth a visit - the bar tender is this blond hotty.. hope she's there when you guys go!! :)

peace.
Scott.

Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Last edited by Lemming on Sun 4th May 2008 05:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X

Post by X »

oh.. soz, don't know the site well enough..

how come its not in the coffeeshop menu on the left of the screen?
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

Scott wrote:oh.. soz, don't know the site well enough..

how come its not in the coffeeshop menu on the left of the screen?
Those on the left are 'popular'. To see a complete list, click A-Z button slightly above the list of popular CS
lidodude

Good Weed, good prices, great music!

Post by lidodude »

Coffeeshop: The Other Side
Date of visit: 11/22/2006
Rating: Liked the shop! :D
Stopped in here for a smoke and a rest from shopping and site seeing. Yes, I knew this was a typically a gay establishment. However, I heard they had good weed and not being homophobic I decided to stop in and chill. The crowd was actually quite mixed, (male, female, straight, gay). I settled in at the bar and asked the bartender if I could roll something from my own stash, he said yes, but I went ahead and bought a gram of their purple haze, €9/gr. The Purple Haze had an interesting look, not much on smell or taste but it produced quite an intense euphoric buzz. The music selection was great and service was above average. I was never once was made to feel uncomfortable. I just sat back enjoyed the weed, music, coffee and conversation with an Irish couple I met.
blackshore

Post by blackshore »

I agree with Lidodude - I went here 3/4 times before I realised that it was "gay" - and my gaydar is quite finely tuned ;)

Nice little shop if you can't make it from Koningplein to Leidseplein without a stop (and don'twant to go to Dolphins)
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

blackshore wrote:I agree with Lidodude - I went here 3/4 times before I realised that it was "gay" - and my gaydar is quite finely tuned ;)

Nice little shop if you can't make it from Koningplein to Leidseplein without a stop (and don'twant to go to Dolphins)
Dolphins is the nuts
:)
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

are there any other gay/lesbian shops in a`dam? I am straight, but I would really like to visit some shops where gay people hang out.....haven`t met any "bad" gay people until now, most of them are even more friendly than straight people :)
chopitup

Post by chopitup »

Appeared out of no-where while wandering, the Otherside offered the best coffee of the trip, and enough personal space to kick back and read the paper.

Nothing on the menu took my fancy at the time, that's not to say that their shit isn't top shelf.

Old mate at the bar gave me the once over but who could blame him for that? :roll:
"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member" - Groucho Marx
easy life

Post by easy life »

more gay in name than clintile from what i saw.
had some skuff here,good smoke.
good vibe and freindly.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Me and the wife was staying at AMS Hotel near the vondelpark. We arrived l8 around 9:30pm on a thursday nite. Walked up the leidseiplein and this caught our eye. Did not know it was a gay bar and it was all couples in there. They only had WW weed so we got a couple of grams and sat and smoked. Small place with too many seats really but the WW was very good.
A good start to a wicked trip.
urma

Post by urma »

i bought some of their crystal and jack herrer in june, both were excellent. nice vibe too.
"exterminate all rational thought"
CarlMarx

Post by CarlMarx »

went here in auguest this year, really chilled and relaxed atmosphere, the purple is nice and uplifting as well.
LeslieonLI

Coffeeshop Other Side

Post by LeslieonLI »

This shop is near Leidseplein and Sunday shopping, but they were rude, and made remarks about American girls in Dutch that I could understand, I guess they thought Americans are all stupid!
I bought a ready roll so I could have a smoke in there, the spliff was not very good, so I put it out and smoked my own, and left.
I do not recommend this place unless you are gay, as that seems to be the theme, or like being insulted in Dutch.
javascript:emoticon(':evil:')
Evil or Very Mad
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

Yes it is a VERY gay shop. A favorite of bonglords and boners btw.