Bluebird

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bluebird

I like Bluebird
92%
I don't like Bluebird
8%

Total votes: 218

Comus

Re: Bluebird

Post by Comus »

this place has always been a winner .... especially seeing as how they share the same name as my team :thumbup:

I'm in shocks and stares
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Comus wrote: Sun 25th Feb 2018 08:45 pm this place has always been a winner .... especially seeing as how they share the same name as my team :thumbup:
\O/ /O\ \O/ /O\ \O/
:wink: :thumbup:
Comus

Post by Comus »

sNc wrote: Sun 25th Feb 2018 08:48 pm
Comus wrote: Sun 25th Feb 2018 08:45 pm this place has always been a winner .... especially seeing as how they share the same name as my team :thumbup:
\O/ /O\ \O/ /O\ \O/
:wink: :thumbup:
you knows it!
I'm in shocks and stares
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Bluebird has been renovated. All kinda merged into one. Not sure what I think yet as, didnt do a wake and bake chill there yet. Will report back more after my next visit.

Good news though, their specials (Amnesia 4.2g or SuperSkunk 4.7g) are now only €30 vs previously €35. Great value for Amsterdam!!! Got the Amnesia and quality was good.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Nothing new apart from renovation nearly finished . Salut!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 23rd Apr 2018 07:48 am Bluebird has been renovated. All kinda merged into one. Not sure what I think yet as, didnt do a wake and bake chill there yet. Will report back more after my next visit.

Good news though, their specials (Amnesia 4.2g or SuperSkunk 4.7g) are now only €30 vs previously €35. Great value for Amsterdam!!! Got the Amnesia and quality was good.
Renovations now complete, I like the place, they make better use of the space but they kept certain walls the same so while it's new it maintains some of the old character.

Specials now back up to €35 and Super Skunk is 4.4g, got two bags over the weekend, still great value by AMS standards.
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

Visited bluebird twice on my visit last weekend (21st-24th Sep) having been one of my favourites from previous trips. This time I have a mixed review 😢

1st visit was on Sunday 23rd, and it had been a rainy miserable Sunday but later in the afternoon the rain began to calm down lol. Me and the Mrs got to bluebird later in the afternoon and i noticed that the place had had a re-fit - almost unrecognisable on the inside. Nice seating area downstairs (inside), with the usual couple of tables outside. The stairs have also been widened, which was needed - now looking very modern on he inside 👍

I bought a gram of the kush-a- delic and went and sat downstairs as the smoking room was standing room only. Very nice bit of weed - lovely potent smell that makes your eyes water. Lovely and dry, and overall lovely smoke - no complaints

2nd visit left a bad taste with me. Having met up with my brother and his Mrs, we stopped at bluebird as our final coffeeshop on the way to central station. For once, I had no little bits to use up so I thought I'd buy a bit of hash and the bud tender recommended the zero-zero so I took a gram while my brother got the jack herer. I wish I hadn't bothered as the hash was the worst I have ever bought in Amsterdam in my 4 visits. It was like plastic. The b/t had said a bit of heat was needed but this stuff wouldn't crumble and seemed to stick back together - we had 1 joint each and that was more than enough. By chance I must have dropped the bit that was left but I think it was fate so I couldn't smoke any more of it - poor show bluebird, left a bad taste
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 16th Jul 2018 10:15 am
RoMoney wrote: Mon 23rd Apr 2018 07:48 am Bluebird has been renovated. All kinda merged into one. Not sure what I think yet as, didnt do a wake and bake chill there yet. Will report back more after my next visit.

Renovations now complete, I like the place, they make better use of the space but they kept certain walls the same so while it's new it maintains some of the old character.

Specials now back up to €35 and Super Skunk is 4.4g, got two bags over the weekend, still great value by AMS standards.
Interesting, have they kept the mural on the staircase? I kinda hope so, iconic cs decor
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Visited this place a month ago or so. I took a look on their critical hash and their Gorilla Glue hash (12,50€/0,8g). First one was shown in a prepacked baggy and looked like a very stick dark hash with only a light smell. The GG hash reminded me of Greenhouse GG hash version (16€/g). Dark sticky hash you can see the crystals bling bling :D it also has a nice smell of the used strain. Looked and especially smelt much better than the critical hash so I went for it. Overall a nice new school hash with a good taste from the used strain and a hybrid high.

There are a few Gorilla Glue hashes like that around the coffeeshops atm. So not really special but it´s of good quality :mrgreen:

By the way I can´t understand why they only have that bullshit acryl bongs for smoking... and the funniest thing is that you have to give 10€ deposit and the bowls of the bongs are nearly not smokeable (this little bowls made out of "metal" that you got with a acryl bong) :?
They got so much money so why not invest a bit more in better smoke Paraphernalia? :roll:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was in this week and had the Blue Cheese (don't recall the price), it wasn't great. I love the new downstairs though and it's nice they got rid of the suicide stairs, but not much nice to smoke in Bluebird these days except the specials.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Bluebird dated January 3, 2019. Thanks to Gerry.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Bluebird ... ebird.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Mr. Black Cat

Post by Mr. Black Cat »

Was for burmese kush
But did get Kush berry and Gorilla ice both very sticky.

Did not bring a vap so need to try it at home
~Kuroneko is a Black Cat who reoccurs in the forground, eating Edible and vaporizers Herbs~
Dark-side-of-moon

Post by Dark-side-of-moon »

I went here because I wanted to try some quality black hash - of the kind I'm not going to see easily here at home. The shop has been rennovated and seemed a bit soulless although the staff were cool.
1.4g Malana Cream E25. This comes in a small box. It's a nice pliable hash and a nice smoke. (To me) this hash is powerful enough to get the job done. It also had mildly trippy effects which I liked. Whether this hash passes muster as 'the-genuine-article' I don't know, but to me it was good.
kalima

Post by kalima »

Mr. Black Cat wrote: Sun 28th Apr 2019 04:27 pm Was for burmese kush
But did get Kush berry and Gorilla ice both very sticky.

Did not bring a vap so need to try it at home
did you manage to try either off these or get too see/try the Burmese Kush ?. can't wait too see dsome pictures on here or IG ... or have missed them ? :shock:
Mr. Black Cat

Post by Mr. Black Cat »

Photo of the gorilla, kush berry and Critical Mass where add vaporize review of the gorilla and kush berry was post to Critical Mass review still need to add.
just follow the names :)
~Kuroneko is a Black Cat who reoccurs in the forground, eating Edible and vaporizers Herbs~