Green Place 2 (formerly Picasso and Amsterdamned)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Picasso

I like Picasso
90%
I don't like Picasso
10%

Total votes: 69

sellvegas

Re: Picasso

Post by sellvegas »

word ill def check that out - thanks :) walked by it enough i should have known that by now .. never really gone in - i was wary they didnt have quality herb

Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Whiled away a good few chilled hours in Picasso this week, just a great shop to chill out in
Sat at the window upstairs and watched the world go by for a good two hours which, for me, is almost unheard of.I was just so comfortable
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
sparky

Post by sparky »

sat at the window and people watched this was my first smoke of he dam this trip and didnt disappoint. chilled relaxed atmosphere in her, bought 1 gram of picasso for 8 euro and put it in a joint. very smooth smoke and great high for the price
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Smokey McPot wrote:Whiled away a good few chilled hours in Picasso this week, just a great shop to chill out in
Sat at the window upstairs and watched the world go by for a good two hours which, for me, is almost unheard of.I was just so comfortable
There is an upstairs window? that sounds like a HIGH experience! I wanna visit here next trip!
Shells sink. Dreams float.
t_stoned

Post by t_stoned »

Not the best pot in town, but very friendly budtenders and cool place to make a pit stop on the way from/to the Centraal :wink:
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

It's a wet morning when I arrive in Amsterdam, it's early, very early having taken the overnight bus from Victoria we pull up to Amstel Station half an hour early at 05:45. I get my self an OV Chipkaart for the week and go off into town. I drop my bags in at the hotel, no where is open, it's raining so I did not fancy going on a walking tour. After breakfast the heavens really opened I needed shelter

There are a few coffeshops that open up early around the North of centrum but for some reason I chose Picasso. It was tea that I was really after so ordered myself a cup of a cinnamon blend. I thought to myself you are going to need some bud as a tobacco substitute for when you get on the hash so here was a good as anywhere to get a gram. At least it was warm and dry!

I looked at the menu, it was not extensive about five weed choices and then one marrocan, one afgan and one black hash if I remember right. I bought the most expensive weed on the menu White Russian 12 euro. I have always liked the white serries and I recalled this being stronger than the widow.

I took my gram and tea and went upstairs, lucky the window bench was empty. There were two eastern Europeain guys sitting on the table behind me, one was smoking a Massive wake and bake the other was passed out on the table. Every time the girl working there came up the stairs she would have to tell him to wake up, he claimed to be ill but was blatantly just amsterdamaged. The girl was losing her Patience with him and his unhelpful friend, so she gave him a sugar water and told them that if in ten minuets he was not functional they would have to leave. Wheather it was the sugar water or the bollocking that did the trick I do not know but he did sit up and even managed to smoke some Joint.

While all this was going on I rolled a fat joint of my own. I must say the amount I got for my money seamed to be about a gram and a half of some fine bud. It looked just how well cured skunk should, ground up very well and about half way though smoking my spliff I realised it was rather strong aswell. We get good weed here in this part of England and I had been building my tolerance up for this trip, but yeah I was high; not to the extent of the guy behind me but just nice and high, I was back in Amsterdam and loving it.

By now it was about half past nine and I was soon due to be meeting my friends, just enough time for a second joint, only a little one this time but I still, much to my surprise, had half my gram left NICE. I like hip hop music and whilst looking out the window on to the street below I was bopping along to some beats, when I started listening to the songs abit more I realised it was the cheesiest worst sort of music on earth, two examples I can think of were Ali G My Julie and Afroman I want to get high. This really annoyed me, grrr commercial rubbish.

Thinking about it I had a good morning in Picasso, the ganja was of good standard not exceptional but well above average. The window bench was cool, the Haarlemmerstraat is always busy and I do like watching chicks on Bikes! Plus the tea was good, I had a second cup. If you want an early morning or a pre train joint then you can do a lot worse than this place, I was never rushed, never hassled and always treated with respect. 3.5/5
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

@Spaldwickapeface: I like your review, reads like a trip report. Keep 'em coming! 8)
ozric

Picasso Bio Bud sounds really special and okee right?

Post by ozric »

Anyone know if the Bio bud for 6 euro's a gram is any good?
The budtender told me it was indoor grown.
I'm curious, might buy 5 grams of it tomorrow.

Btw also went to coffeeshop Relax (no money, just checkin out menu's and catching
any vibe), asked to take a picture of the menu, and the budtender didn't want that.
Jack Ganja

Post by Jack Ganja »

Picaso is ok. on the plus side, the drinks are cheap (especially for this part of town!) the staff friendly and the decor nice. the negatives are the shite usic played much too loud and the weed wasnt the best (although at 7euro a gram for lemon haze, you cant expect anything great) Still, ive only tried one weed from there so I might go back again and have a look at some more. 3/5
orle

Post by orle »

Lemon Haze, 3 grams for 17,50.. stuck my nose in the tub, removed it, and got the hell out of there without opening me wallet...
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

on the window it said Free breakfast .( this was 2 years ago ) and it still does

went in , asked for it , bt told me "we don't do that anymore" .
The place was packed so it might be he just said that cause it was too busy .

Menu was pretty small , about 5 weeds , 3 hashish
Took a gram of cheese . 8 or 9 Eu which was good .
It was royalqueen cheese , which actually tasted like cheese ,
unlike the cheese i've been getting in the last few trips which is more floral tasting

Never went back :lol:
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
BlackDomina

Post by BlackDomina »

been there 1 weeks ago, there is no picasso weed available, i asked to see the Lemon Haze and AK47 and were fluffies so i don't bought. the budtender adviced me on Damnation that was 12€/gr. i took 1 gram but the smoke was not so good and dont't worth the price. my 2 cents. bless!
HisDudeness

Post by HisDudeness »

Very good Silver Haze from here, special offer of 3 gram for 25 - great deal and a nice smoke. Worth going just to see the size of their weed tubs, they are massive!
Mind If I Do a J?
HisDudeness

Post by HisDudeness »

Caramello hash is the real deal from this place, picked up some yesterday and it is perfect - 2 gram for 20 eur special offer.

Massively under-rated coffeeshop in my view and their prices beat just about anything I'm aware of in this part of town.
Mind If I Do a J?
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Long story why I ended here, but I did. In probably close to 50 visits to Amsterdam, I have never encountered more rude staff.