Boerejongens West

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

u ever been there allready

Yes
58%
No
32%
or to far away from the centre
10%

Total votes: 142

felixxy

Re: Boerejongens West

Post by felixxy »

Hey Jesscass,

yeah i know. It is the one big Problem about the chain that they are so greedy and fast cure most of their strains.

I drive to Eindhoven regularly and appreciate your reports very much!

Keep on :-)

CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Can't speak to the specific experiences you guys are referring to, but we have to challenge the statement that this chain is marked by their greedyness, that to our experience is, at least, not true...

We have had nothing but quality from here, most of it at better prices than anywhere else in the city besides the private market, and know of many locals (on or off this forum) who have stated that this chain in their opinions are the most reasonably priced.

Sad that you guys got served bad gear, thatIis fucked no matter where it happens, but can't recognize the claims that this is the standard with the Boer chain...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:Can't speak to the specific experiences you guys are referring to, but we have to challenge the statement that this chain is marked by their greedyness, that to our experience is, at least, not true...

We have had nothing but quality from here, most of it at better prices than anywhere else in the city besides the private market, and know of many locals (on or off this forum) who have stated that this chain in their opinions are the most reasonably priced.

Sad that you guys got served bad gear, thatIis fucked no matter where it happens, but can't recognize the claims that this is the standard with the Boer chain...
Second that ^^
My experiences with this place are a lot similar to your's.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

amirsh1 wrote:
CopenhagenCouple wrote:Can't speak to the specific experiences you guys are referring to, but we have to challenge the statement that this chain is marked by their greedyness, that to our experience is, at least, not true...

Second that ^^
My experiences with this place are a lot similar to your's.
I will third that. Never a bad experience and extremely competitive prices.
CopenhagenCouple

Although neither of us holds any degrees in the finer points of the parliamentary system, we believe this means that the motion carries! ;)

All jokes aside, Amsterdam Gene and his Farm Boys (including that little worker Bee out west we sadly didn’t get to visit) may have erred on some occasions, although we have yet to see it, but from what we can tell and hear told from many a trustworthy source these guys seem on the up and up and are trying to do new things that we believe are good for the industry.

Yes yes, we also love the classic brown café-ish shop, the almost psychedelic or the really old school gezellig shops too, but that doesn’t mean that a breath of fresh air isn’t welcome or that some other brand of busyness savvy than what other “chain shops” have shown will be bad for the C/S scene!

Well, that's how we see it anyways, others may disagree...
CC
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

I visited this chain for like the 50th time, so i know it isn't that bad ;-) But when a weed is moldy you should not sell it and unfortunatly it wasnt the first time i had this experience here. So if they wanna be one of the best shops they need to fix their curing problem.

I never ever had moldy weed at the graal or high times coffeeshop in Eindhoven and the last shop I visit frequently. So it can be better!

Cheers
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

I never had any mold in my buds from BJ . This Ak-OG u talking about its just look like this ...very white and crystal buds , defiantly one of the best strains from them . U better check google images for moldy buds :)
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

The likelihood of finding mould on coffeeshop product is next to none. Experience tells me that most of these reports of mound are simply misguided diagnoses due to inexperience.

Anyone who has ever handled fresh product containing bud-rot will tell you that it spreads FAST and will reduce an entire crop to a mouldy mess in just a few days.

Budrot rears its ugly head towards the end of the flowering stage due to damp conditions inside the flowers. There's little to no chance at all that a drying bud contain budrot could survive long enough to dry out.

So the notion of a contaminated bud sitting in a curing jar tub without contaminating and destroying the entire crop is nonsensical. Budrot quite literally eats the flower from the inside and would be brown and rotten. In fact - the entire tub would be unmistakably crawling with mould. A mess of grey spiders-web type structures and powdery grey mould spots.

I take any report of budrot with a bucketload of salt.
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Sat 3rd Sep 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

by OneHighMofo » Sat 3rd Sep 2016 12:14 pm
The likelihood of finding mould on coffeeshop product is next to none. Experience tells me that most of these reports of mound are simply misguided diagnoses due to inexperience.

Anyone who has ever handled fresh product containing bud-rot will tell you that it spreads FAST and will reduce an entire crop to a mouldy mess in just a few days.

The notion of a contaminated bud sitting in a tub without contaminating the entire tray is nonsensical. Budrot quite literally eats the flower from the inside and would be brown and rotten. In fact - the entire tub would be crawling with mould.
Always had very nice merchandise at Boerejongens! Never had a moldy bud there myself neither.
For me it remains one of the best shops out there!
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

Its not bud rot but possibly surface mildew . Ive experienced it a couple of times over the course of years of purchases from coffeeshops . Never from Boerejongens , I hasten to add . Their failing is the occasional bad flush but in fairness , that happens from most places .
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

Wow, you can't be serious guys... Are you a CRM-Team? I know what im telling.

Edit: ROFL - I've went through WhiteAnimal420's posts and i may bring up the idea that he works for the chain :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen: Check that Lemming.
Obviously he was pushing coffeeshop DNA since Boerejongens bought them.
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

felixxy wrote: WhiteAnimal420's posts and i may bring up the idea that he works for the chain :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen: Check that Lemming.
Obviously he was pushing coffeeshop DNA since Boerejongens bought them.
Ok , baby :lol: U also claim that Kosher from EasyTimes is sprayed weed :roll:
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

It definitely was.
CopenhagenCouple

Definitely, eh? We gather you have quite strong evidence to back such a
claim that it is not apparently nor most likely, but _definitely_ sprayed...?!

In any other case your credibility with regards to other matters concerning quality might be called into question dude as it is quite an accusation to make so assuredly without some pretty firm grounds.

...and by firm grounds we mean more than the fact that the kosher was harsh on the throat and burned with a dark ash, which you mention in your previous post and probably know to be indicative of a poor flush and hardly bulletproof evidence that the shop carried sprayed weed. The poor-ish flush on the kosher from easy times we also had a hint of, but nowhere near as bad as you describe it, and that BTW was the only one on the menu that had that problem of those we sampled and that was the majority of the mid and top range of the whole menu...

Cc
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Never had any moldy bud from Boer, myself either. They're not perfect, but it seems the consensus is that they're still among the better (likely best) coffeeshops and most people regard them in a positive manner, remember all coffeeshops are unregulated (so that's a poor argument for bashing one and praising others in that respect), but man sure seems like the haters line up to get their licks on this place, because it makes most of the competition pale in contrast...