Basjoe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Basjoes ?

I like Basjoes
88%
I don't like Basjoes
12%

Total votes: 267

RvanSteensel

Re: Basjoe

Post by RvanSteensel »

place got raped.
end of discussion

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Opus132

Post by Opus132 »

I hope James made a boatload of money when he sold the place. What a beautiful guy! :) I only went 3-4 times and had that magical Bas Special, as well as some excellent Jack Herrer, but James always made me feel like a guest in his home. I hope he's enjoying his music and all is going well. I haven't been back since the change.
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. - John Lennon
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Opus132 wrote:I hope James made a boatload of money when he sold the place. What a beautiful guy! :) I only went 3-4 times and had that magical Bas Special, as well as some excellent Jack Herrer, but James always made me feel like a guest in his home. I hope he's enjoying his music and all is going well. I haven't been back since the change.
there is nothing to go back to.... at the same location there is a coffeeshop, but that is all. different decor, way different ambience, the heart and soul are gone. now just another business.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

the heaven haze kicked ass .

kind of like "Jackpot" an old cut from Limburg .
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

RvanSteensel wrote:place got raped.
end of discussion
RvanSteensel wrote: the heaven haze kicked ass
Uhhh...???? Which is the truth? We will never know. :arrow:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

redeyezman wrote:
end of discussion

This was when James still owned the place
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

RvanSteensel wrote:
redeyezman wrote:
end of discussion

This was when James still owned the place
Ah okay. Yeah I only got to go the 1 time. About a year before it sold. Looking back, and understanding coffeeshop culture better.... Yah without a doubt it was special. I must say I didn't enjoy the shops the felt like a dive bar back home.... So bright and sunny my visit was. All patrons smiling, and enjoying. :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
smokedog

Post by smokedog »

I liked the lay out of basjoe more before the re-furb, the booths have gone and the shop now has a new lok. The bas special of old was top drawer but i have to say the sour diesel on the menu is not too bad at all.

I cant understand why everyone seems to have such a hard-on for this james dude, i was in many times when he ran the place and not once did he try to strike conversation and even one time made an attempt to keep my bro's change! lol ... he said he would bring it over, never did and when we asked he gave us 8 euros in the biggest pile of shit coins ever...10c,20c etc...in my opinion the guy is a bawbag
This is not nam, there are rules..the dude abides!
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

bawbag= :D funny.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

James wouldnt rip you off, he was usually the most wrecked person in there, prob stoned off his rocker.

He was same to me first couple times in there, seemed cold, then i got to know him...one of the biggest smokers ive ever met

That said, things arent as bad as they seem in the new Basjoe, just different....to each their own
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Munkee

Post by Munkee »

I only visited once while James was in charge and I have to say he was a superstar to my family and I, he came over first and put terminator on the spliffs that were going round for free then a little while later he noticed I was using a pipe so he bought over a lovely nug of Bas special to try, Top Bloke
On a side note I quite like the layout of the new shop, if you can get the comfy booth with the awesome picture on the wall it's a lovely place to pass a couple of hours
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Sorry to bring things back again to "back in the day when Basjoe was...."... But i was reading through my first trip report and stumbled apon my first purchase from Basjoe in 2009... We heard about terminator on this forum and wanted to try it.

Brought back some good memories. Haha i didnt even know James' name at the time i wrote this "same day" report,

Here it is, after two visits there was no luck, then on our third try....
It was only 2pm so we thought Basjoes for TERMINATOR!!!! DA DA DUM DUM DAAAAAHHHHH!

We made the hike to Basjoes in Record time. This was our third try for Terminator and again, there was none in stock. Same for the isolator, nothing.

Well i do not want to leave Basjoes without at least trying something on the menu, so i ask what’s really good today? Bas Special, 11e a gram is the response. Hmmm... i’m not so sure this will be so strong, but ok lets do 2 grams and hit the patio for a quickie. I rolled a 1 gram pure and FOOOOOP! My head is feeling awesome. Underline AWESOME.

Whoa, I was not expecting this at all. I look at the Mrs and she is completely baked.

I must state for the record here and now, Bas Special is the best smoke I have had in Amsterdam and it was only 11e a gram. It grabbed in the insides of my cheeks and it felt like little chickens were clawing at my temples. Just a brilliant smoke. the budtender told me it was indica, but this high was more sativa energizing without a heavy indica head. Rolled another 1 gram pure of Bas Special and enjoyed the vibes on the patio. What a great scene to watch as the intersection is not too busy or loud. There is still volume passing but it is a calm flow of traffic and very relaxing.

After finishing the second doob we realize its already 430pm!!! We completely missed our meet n greet at Katsu. This is not working out well for us and the meetings. The weed is great, but we’re not connecting and for that we apologize... but the Bas Special!!! PEOPLE... THE BAS SPECIAL!

I send the Mrs in for her first ever solo purchase, another 3 grams of the Bas Special please. We sat and relaxed and talked and enjoyed the world and the next thing we knew it was 6pm. That was a great day. I understand why there’s so much love for Basjoes, it’s a great shop.

Fantastic service and a good layout. The patio rocks. A note about the service, the dude we met had the long dreads and I regret for not introducing ourselves better. He’s a nice fella though, and he remembered us from the previous two stops for Terminator.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
The_Kushler

Post by The_Kushler »

Anyone try the OG Kush in 2010 ?i think! Still the strongest dam bud I've ever smoked.
The heaven haze was lush too. Smelt like any old haze until u had 3 or 4 other hazes to compare it too. Then you could see how much better it was in looks and taste.
Also I maybe wrong but the bas special wasn't always the same was it. Shame it's all past tence, the place isn't the same I can't even go in anymore.
Colino

Post by Colino »

For the "gone but not forgotten" the cream special from here was by far the most special hash in amsterdam. by far the best indian hash and it had a really unique spicy taste, something you cannot imagine if you don't smoke it. royal hash was superb too
KayaIndica

Post by KayaIndica »

end of discussion
Word. Way too loud music and fail compilations from youtube on a flatscreen. Nice interiour but not much more.

Used to be so cool :(
Nothing But Spirit